Australian Coach Hopper Charged With Sexual Assault - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2003, 03:49 AM   #1
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Australian Coach Hopper Charged With Sexual Assault

World-renown tennis coach Gavin Hopper stood before a Melbourne court yesterday to face multiple charges of sexually assaulting a teenage girl during the 1980s.

The 47-year-old-Hopper faces three counts of allegedly sexually assaulting a 15-year-old Melbourne girl in 1985 and 1986, according to a published report in the Herald Sun written by Elissa Hunt. Hopper, who currently lives in Queensland, Australia, was not required to enter a plea and is due back in Melbourne court on August 6th as the case proceeds.

A widely-respected coach who emphasizes conditioning and proper bio-mechanics, Hopper has coached several top 10 players including Monica Seles, Tommy Haas, Mark Philippoussis and Amanda Coetzer.

A professor of sports science at Bond University in Australia, Hopper runs the Cash-Hopper Institute, a tennis academy and training center in Australia, with 1987 Wimbledon winner Pat Cash.

Any idea who he assaulted????
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:16 AM   #2
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm, yeah I heard about this recently. Wasn't he under the pump recently for his unusual methods re training his 11 year old kid Jade? By all accounts she is quite the talent, largely due to her folks pushing her (i.e. weight training, countless hours on court, school via correspondence), I wonder what effect this will have on the kid?

No idea who he 'allegedly' assaulted, are we supposed to know? Was it a tennis player?
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 04:16 AM   #3
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
I must admit it does piss me off these type of allegations being made public. I have no problem if someone has been found guilty if it is promoted in the headlines, but at this stage they are only allegations. Even if he is found innocent you can be sure we will never hear about it with the same amount of media coverage.

I am not for one moment saying it didn't happen, I don't know, but regardless of whether there is any truth to the accusations Hopper's name is forever smeared.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 12:25 AM   #4
Postcard

Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold
There seems to have been a couple of days of Hopper's commital hearing this week, with the hearing apparently to resume in April.

Tennis coach faces student sex claims
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...853999722.html

Tennis coach faces court on sex charges
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2862,00.html

Girl had sex with coach: court told
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E421,00.html

Coach denies affair
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E662,00.html

Coach planned to leave wife, court told
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...854062997.html
Postcard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #5
country flag Aussie_Kim

Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all
Oh dear! Yes I feel sorry for Jade.
This can't be good for the Cash-Hopper Institute.

Best of Luck in 2007 to: Kim & Bryan, Lleyton, Alicia, Todd, Sam, Chris, Casey, Wayne, Kirsten & all the other Aussies & injured players.
Aussie_Kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:15 AM   #6
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
sum1 with his body cud have got an iroda tulyaganova, y did he have to move on younge gals
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:16 AM   #7
country flag Douggie

Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point
SpikeyAidanM

Justine Henin Hardeene Kim Clijsters Jennifer Capriati Paola Suarez Patty Schnyder Silvia Farina Elia Alicia Molik Anca Barna Dinara Safina

Aussies
Douggie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #8
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
wow Wesley College, I go there sumtimes , wow, what a small world
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #9
Team WTAworld

hi Douggie.

I wouldnt be mind fucked and im 16 and i wud neva charge sexual assulat against the person who fucked me, y is this world so cruel....

i feel sorry for horny hopper
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:24 AM   #10
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
anyone have a picture of this horny hopper character?
GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:25 AM   #11
country flag Douggie

Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point Douggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Poor Jade though

Justine Henin Hardeene Kim Clijsters Jennifer Capriati Paola Suarez Patty Schnyder Silvia Farina Elia Alicia Molik Anca Barna Dinara Safina

Aussies
Douggie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #12
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSandrine
anyone have a picture of this horny hopper character?

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #13
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
hmm, doesn't quite fit the profile :retard:
GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:49 PM   #14
Postcard

Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...432106878.html

Tennis coach guilty of sex charges
August 2, 2004 - 7:09PM

International tennis coach Gavin Hopper faces jail after being found guilty of child sex charges.

A Victorian County Court jury found Gavin Maxwell Hopper guilty of nine counts stemming from a sexual relationship with a teenage girl in the mid-1980s...
Postcard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:56 PM   #15
country flag bionic71
Worshipping POP ICON GODDESSES

bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute
The evidence is growing..
He was charged this evening and is in police custody... The courts have letters from Hopper written to the girl...and it look sas though he supplied her with alcohol as a bribe. She was only 14 when it first started.

He was a school P.E teacher at the time, and to abuse such authority and a position of trust is obscene, and should be fried. Child abusers belong in prison...there is never an excuse for such behaviour.
bionic71 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote