Belgians I Have A ? About Uni - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 22nd, 2003, 02:31 AM   #1
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Belgians I Have A ? About Uni

I'm seriously thinking of taking a year off of work to finish my degree at uni, and have found Vesalius College in Brussels. I don't even know if I can afford to study abroad, but I'd really like to at least get info on it. I've found their website and have looked around. That's answered most of my ?s, but does any know what quality this Uni is? I mean, my grades won't even transfer back as I'll just get credit but no grade as far as my final transcript will say. Is it highly regarded or kind of a crap school? Thanks Belgies!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:22 AM   #2
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
I don't know it...are you sure it's a university?
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:45 AM   #3
country flag Katrien

Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice Katrien is just really nice
Me neither. Can you post a link to their website?
Katrien is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:47 AM   #4
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
http://www.vub.ac.be/VECO/aveco/index.htm ..if this is the website, then it's a part of the VUB.

then Josh will be able to help you I think
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2003, 09:49 AM   #5
JPV

JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seles
I'm seriously thinking of taking a year off of work to finish my degree at uni, and have found Vesalius College in Brussels. I don't even know if I can afford to study abroad, but I'd really like to at least get info on it. I've found their website and have looked around. That's answered most of my ?s, but does any know what quality this Uni is? I mean, my grades won't even transfer back as I'll just get credit but no grade as far as my final transcript will say. Is it highly regarded or kind of a crap school? Thanks Belgies!
I can only talk about the quality of the "mother" university (the VUB). It's regarded as a decent university, but there are some subjects that are know for it's lower level. Dunno what you are planning to do?

f.e. if you're considering to do genetics engineering, you'd better go to Gent (www.rug.ac.be), if you're planning to finish international politics, Leuven (www.kuleuven.ac.be) may be better.

But please consider the education level in Belgium is pretty high, i've seen enough people having troubles with our system (especially spaniards, dunno what's your nationality) .

One downside is Gent & Leuven are Dutch-speaking cities, so you won't be able to practise French. The Vesalius College is part of a Flemish university, but it's situated in Brussels, so you'd be able to practise French as much as you'd like.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 11:35 AM   #6
country flag rand

rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold
for mathematics the vub is the best together with ghent though....then antwerp, and leuven is by far weaker....in Louvain they're even better there at least they have Borceux.....
Old May 22nd, 2003, 11:52 AM   #7
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
Rubbish Rand! I know quite a few who tried to study in Leuven first, failed, then went to the VUB. Leuven is not weak!
Old May 22nd, 2003, 11:54 AM   #8
JPV

JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice JPV is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand
for mathematics the vub is the best together with ghent though....then antwerp, and leuven is by far weaker....in Louvain they're even better there at least they have Borceux.....
just a correction:
Leuven = KULEUVEN (french name Louvain)
Louvain => Louvain-La-Neuve (the french university originally part of Leuven)
Old May 22nd, 2003, 11:56 AM   #9
JPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggin' Beguine
Rubbish Rand! I know quite a few who tried to study in Leuven first, failed, then went to the VUB. Leuven is not weak!
you're talking about maths? i'll look it up this afternoon (visitatierapport).
Old May 22nd, 2003, 11:59 AM   #10
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Hum visitatierapporten Sorry maar daar staat vooral veel zever in IMHO
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:00 PM   #11
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
I went to Leuven instead of Gent because what I wanted to study is much better in Leuven (architectural engineering), but I'd never call Gent a weak university like Rand calls Leuven. I think that overall the level in Gent and Leuven is the same.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:00 PM   #12
JPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
Hum visitatierapporten Sorry maar daar staat vooral veel zever in IMHO
der staat verschrikkelijk veel zever in, maar ook veel handige dingen hoor
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:01 PM   #13
JPV

Quote:
I went to Leuven instead of Gent because what I wanted to study is much better in Leuven (architectural engineering), but I'd never call Gent a weak university like Rand calls Leuven. I think that overall the level in Gent and Leuven is the same.
he was only talking about maths, Tine...

Gent & Leuven are comparable, indeed, and VUB is third, but there are getting closer...
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:01 PM   #14
country flag gentenaire

I do think Leuven is better when it comes to services for students.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:03 PM   #15
country flag rand

rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
they're weak in research....the courses are hard (I would even say as hard) in any university(though at the vub they help you more at first to make you understand what mathematics is about....that's the main reason more people fail for example in Leuven, not the level of the classes....) and of course when you tried first in any place it becomes easier to do the same in another one...that's common sense