Suggestion for live scoring. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2003, 07:24 AM   #1
country flag gorecki

gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Suggestion for live scoring.

Just a suggestion for live scoring. Especially with Roland Garros around the corner.

something similar to the chat room option but i think a number of posters can't use it.

how about a WTAWorld irc channel on a selected network [Dalnet, Quakenet, etc...]

* a couple of hundred posters can be in the channel [more than enuff room]

* there's no need for refreshing of pages [low/almost zero lag time]
as you can scroll up and down for anything you might have missed.

I guess some will like this idea and probably a lot more who won't...

Just a suggestion!

I'm going out, I'm going to drink myself to death
And in the crowd I see you with someone else
I brace myself 'cause I know it's going to hurt
But I like to think at least things can't get any worse
[center]
gorecki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2003, 05:09 AM   #2
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Or how about what's going to happen: everybody will open threads, hit refresh 700 times, and make the board totally useless to everybody! But yes, I do like your idea better. Though I totally understand the need for scoring threads; it's not as if the ROland Garros site provides live scoring or anything!
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #3
country flag Mr. Man

Mr. Man has disabled reputation
lmao Becca. And If no one uderstands her humor, Roland Garros site does have live scoring, use that instead of this board. Maybe that would be well thought Idea.

Venus & Serena: "You are my everything."

- Official Duke of the Royal Court -
Mr. Man is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #4
country flag selesfan87

selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice
No need for live scoring for the slams, IBM already provide a great job with the live score board things you can have on your desktop.
selesfan87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 04:44 PM   #5
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
I just don't understand why they want to refersh. Just check back for scores now and then. You don't have to be in the Live Scores thread 24/7.
Old May 30th, 2003, 04:15 AM   #6
country flag Rtael
Team WTAworld

Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute
but all your whining isn't gonna solve the problem (not to the thread starter, but to the others) I think it's a good idea and wondering if any admins are looking into this or something?

"You Worry About Your Jump Rope and Yourself!" -Coral on Battle of the Sexes 2

Running for the cliff again...
Rtael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:19 PM   #7
country flag anton

anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light
the reason people hit refresh is to see other people's comments and reactions to the match live. it's like being in a sports bar and cheering.

OK?
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:28 PM   #8
country flag Big Fat Pink Elephant
Team WTAworld

Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future Big Fat Pink Elephant has a brilliant future
anton, i understand what you mean, but er by refreshing every 5 secs will make the board slow, or even crash.. and then we would be without a board - so just follow the IBM boards and create a msn netmeeting with the ppl who wants to cheer or soemthing.

Wanna hångla?
Big Fat Pink Elephant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 09:07 PM   #9
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Its almost like a cheering thread, to urge your players on, what Anton says is right. I only refresh at the end of every game to see what peoples reactions are.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 08:33 AM   #10
country flag anton

anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light anton is a glorious beacon of light
there are two sides but i dont know the solution...

i just know that probably people will not stop hitting refresh...
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote