Five of the eight seeds are Russian - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2003, 09:49 PM   #1
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute
Five of the eight seeds are Russian

Someone pointed out in another thread how evenly distributed in the draw the Russians are...and I just realized that it's because 5 out of the 6 Russians in the main draw are seeds! And they account for 5 of the 8 seeded players!

2. Myskina
3. Dementieva
5. Bovina
6. Zvonareva
8. Likhovtseva

And the only unseeded Russian, Krasnoroutskaya, is in her own section as well...none of them can meet before the quarterfinals

How 'bout these Russian girls
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2003, 10:02 PM   #2
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future
That really is pretty amazing! The Russian domination seems to be beginning here!!!!!! 3 of the 6 Russians are also named "Elena!" I think the winner's name will probably start with an "A" or a "Z" however! If all of them or even 5 of them made it to the quarters, that would have to be some kind of record, I would think!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 05:49 AM   #3
country flag AKTW

AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold
Great!
Good luck all Russian girls!
AKTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 07:47 AM   #4
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
Maybe they can do a "Argentina" here... with 4 semi-finalists all from Russia. :P

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 09:21 AM   #5
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
it would be great if they could all reach the quarters, i think they all have a chance to get that far as well.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #6
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
All-Russian Final!
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 10:24 PM   #7
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcdonald
All-Russian Final!
No, All-Russian semifinal, please.