Madrid R2: Halep and her aces def. Arruabarrena 6-4 6-4 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #16
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid R2: Halep def. Arruabarrena 6-4 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizy View Post
Wow!
Quite surprised she can do that.
I mean, 9 aces, it's Serena like, no?
She improve her service this year from previous year and i see her many times hit winners with almost 180 km/h, but the percentage of her first serve is lower now and inconsistent, but if she had a good day she can serve almost like Serena in a bad day
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #17
country flag makavel

makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice makavel is just really nice
Re: Madrid R2: Halep and her aces def. Arruabarrena 6-4 6-4

Congrats for the win. Please do better in the next round
makavel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:14 AM   #18
country flag Jizynovic

Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold

Keep playing like this, Ana might get chance to kick Simona's ass for the second time in a month.
Jizynovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:19 AM   #19
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #20
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Simona was UP and DOWN this match, in the first set she allowed herself to relax after Lara won only one single point in the first 3 games. In the second set I think she got a little bit frustrated with the way Lara played, returning every ball back, playing so good defensively and waiting for the right moment to attack or for Simona`s mistake. All those lifted defensive balls would drive any player insane

Simona needed to hit almost a double amount of winners, less UE that Lara, no DF and 9 ACES to close this match to a 6-4 6-4 result. I don`t see this being a bad match for Simona, but a great display from Lara who fought hard for every point ! Congrats to her, after seeing today match, it`s hard for me to understand how the hell she`s ranked way outside top 100
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #21
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute

AceMona .. Did enough to win it!

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #22
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halepsova View Post
Keep going Simona. Serena is waiting for you.
The potential match with Ivanovic will be more interesting.
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #23
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Well-serving from Simona, but some of those horrible errors Lara was ok, she played much better than I thought she would

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
Indeed

Sucide: 50 W: Baku '13
FITD Singles: 44 W: 's-Hertogenbosch '14, Quebec '14
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #24
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Simo

Expected win even if playing very well-below her best.

Lara

Good fight out there.

Quote:
Keep playing like this, Ana might get chance to kick Simona's ass for the second time in a month.

Calm down, please...

Their third round opponents haven't even been determined and they still have to play one match to meet each other. It's not like Ana is playing very well at the moment either. Nothing is certain at all.

Last edited by Panther24 : May 7th, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #25
country flag Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
To be honest I'm a bit tired of seeing Simona against the Serbians. I want more matches against Sharapova, Wozniacki, Azarenka, Li Na...A bit of variety
Tidal Wave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #26
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidal Wave View Post
To be honest I'm a bit tired of seeing Simona against the Serbians. I want more matches against Sharapova, Wozniacki, Azarenka, Li Na...A bit of variety
...Serena
Even if the outcome will be pretty known, playing with the best (in this case nr 1) you learn to be even better than you are, observing what you miss in your way up!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #27
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Well is nice to test yourself with the best player in the world from time to time even if i personally wanted to be in the final

It`s a good match to see where u are and where u must be if u want more. So, expected loss agains S.W. but not an upsetting one. ( for me at least )
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #28
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Simona
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #29
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Simona
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #30
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wow!
Quite surprised she can do that.
I mean, 9 aces, it's Serena like, no?
Well, Simo did say that's the shot she's been working to improve. And it's showing. And she's not rolling in her first serve, she's actually hitting it. And in today's match, she did well defending her second serve, winning 61% of those points, compared to just 58% on her first serve. And, she had no DFs. When's the last time that's happened for Simona? Serving certainly wasn't her achilles heel today.

She just sprayed a lot of errors, maybe trying to be a bit too aggressive.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote