Madrid R2: Halep and her aces def. Arruabarrena 6-4 6-4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #1
country flag azizy

azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold
Madrid R2: Halep and her aces def. Arruabarrena 6-4 6-4

I was waiting for a thread, but no one started.
Just wanna comment about that backhand in the match point.

Last edited by azizy : May 7th, 2014 at 10:51 AM.
azizy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #2
country flag The Kiwi Fan

The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future
Re: Madrid R2: Halep def. Arruabarrena 6-4 6-4

Yeah, no one seems to be on.

Go Simona, win Madrid! Or at least arrange a match up with Serena

Tennis Tipping:

Titles: Singles: 50K Aning 2014 Doubles:
The Kiwi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #3
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

Last point was absolutely hilarious. I would have broken my racquet on the spot.
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224), 2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #4
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Proud of Lara.
Goatserving from Halep.
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #5
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

I only saw the first set. Simona completely disappeared in the middle of it. I'm glad she got a straights win in the end.

Libertango is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #6
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

9 aces?
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #7
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of

Not much to say, some good serving from Simona (that's a rare thing from my point of view) , bad performance overall!
She must do better next match!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #8
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Halep played the match point with her broken racquet strings

Overall an ugly match, ups and downs, mostly downs. Arruabarrena fought hard, Halep played the important points very well, but she needs to play at a higher level if she wants to reach the semifinals. And yes, very good serving.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:45 AM   #9
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

(via @livetennis)

9 aces

First set could've been a bit easier but I won't complain about a straight sets win. Definitely has some room for improvement though.

Lara
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:46 AM   #10
country flag Iaco

Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all

And 4 aces in one...
Iaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #11
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Keep going Simona. Serena is waiting for you.
Halepsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #12
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

A decent performance from Simona today, but she won as a top player was supposed to do in a bad day. She does had a game where she hit 4 Aces from an total of 9.

Arruabarrena had a good clay performance( she has a complete clay game) and, probably if she didn't had to play with a good clay opponent she would pass this round. Good luck further.

Stats match:

Sorana Cirstea, Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur, Victoria Azarenka, Eugenie Bouchard, Sabine Lisicki, Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Caroline Wozniacki, Na Li, Monica Niculescu, Petra Kvitova, Flavia Pennetta, Belinda Bencic, Irina-Camelia Begu, Lucie Safarova, Madison Keys, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic, Angelique Kerber, Elina Svitolina, Agnieszka Radwanska, Dominika Cibulkova, Venus Williams, Andrea Petkovic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #13
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Very patchy by Simona but credit to Lara for sticking in after the lightning start by Simona. Please improve for the rest of the tourney, Simona.

2nd game of the 2nd set - 4 points won by Simona to win the game, 4 aces!

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #14
country flag azizy

azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold azizy is a splendid one to behold

Wow!
Quite surprised she can do that.
I mean, 9 aces, it's Serena like, no?
azizy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #15
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid R2: Halep and her aces def. Arruabarrena 6-4 6-4

Simugna Help

But Larita
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote