Madrid R2: (8) Maria Sharapova def. Christina McHale 6-1 4-6 6-4 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #31
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of
Re: Madrid R2: Sharapova def. McHale 6-1 4-6 6-4

good fight to win from maria. Though to be honest it never should have been this hard
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #32
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

Total embarrassment by Christina
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #33
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
You know Sohee left the Wonder Girls right
Noooo don't say that She is forever a WG for me
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #34
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
people will call this a collapse from mchale but the truth is maria is one of the best competitors on the tour right now and players cannot handle it.
This, and I'm no fan.

Great champion from a great era beating a relative nobody (no offence). Where is the surprise? Maria playing @ 10% IS what got McHale to that 4-1 lead anyway. Maria from '06-08 would routine her easily. No offence, again.
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #35
country flag Yashal

Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of

Peak McFail

Giorgi - Konjuh - Kvitova - Lisicki - Martic - Muguruza - Li - Pennetta - Serena - Venus - Vinci
Yashal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #36
country flag Shower

Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice Shower is just really nice

Vintage Sharapova.
Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #37
country flag softlights

softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all
Re: Madrid R2: (8) Maria Sharapova def. Christina McHale 6-1 4-6 6-4

That was something.
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #38
country flag danbo

danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future

Sharapova has no game b, her drop shots are so awkward it is awful to see. It was an ok first set from her, then lots of errors gave away the second. McHale was serving for 5-2 in the third but df 2x. choke, plain and simple. I'm not sure if that was better than the double bagel I had feared. Then Pova started playing well again and it was 5 games in a row as McHale got bludgeoned.

McHale has one of the most beautiful full western grip forehands I've ever seen. Should be perfect for clay coupled with her serve. Needs to improve her movement and speed. She could be a force but right now, neither here nor there.
danbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #39
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
truth is mcfail always chokes if she's in a winning position. simply a mental midget. tbf, there are a lot at wta, not only mcfail.
my point exactly. maria kept competing and fighting, and mchale folded. just like ana, just like lucie, just like nearly all other girls on the tour. i dread to think what the tour will be like once serena and maria retire. players out-choking one another and deciding sets going to 15-13? no thanks.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #40
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
Noooo don't say that She is forever a WG for me
I just wonder, do you still like that leader that got married/pregnant.
I found it really selfish...

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #41
country flag AndyC

AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice AndyC is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasiadkaGienia View Post
Sharapova once again saved by choke from her opponent (few DFs in a row) - Safarova in Suttgart, Ana in Stuttgart, now McHale in Madrid, and cheating when she loses. I was only waiting for rain delay. It's the story of her career now. But some people will say she's great player and competitor blah blah blah.
Shut up please. She's and always will be one of the greatest competitor in wta
AndyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #42
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodgers View Post
Anyone who has followed Christina knew that she was going to lose that lead in the 3rd like she does in every big match.
Sorry, but no. McHale can stay focused till the end, she proved it in her Acapulco run, defeating Garcia in the SF in a tough three sets match.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #43
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sharapova once again saved by choke from her opponent (few DFs in a row) - Safarova in Suttgart, Ana in Stuttgart, now McHale in Madrid, and cheating when she loses. I was only waiting for rain delay. It's the story of her career now. But some people will say she's great player and competitor blah blah blah.
Did you watch or FOLLOW the match? McHale was only even given a chance by Maria's flop……shoulda, coulda, woulda.
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #44
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future

McHale not experienced in such pressure situations, everyone chokes but Maria is one tough player got to beat her.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #45
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbo View Post
Sharapova has no game b, her drop shots are so awkward it is awful to see. It was an ok first set from her, then lots of errors gave away the second. McHale was serving for 5-2 in the third but df 2x. choke, plain and simple. I'm not sure if that was better than the double bagel I had feared. Then Pova started playing well again and it was 5 games in a row as McHale got bludgeoned.

McHale has one of the most beautifully struck western grip forehands I've ever seen. Should be perfect for clay coupled with her serve. Needs to improve her movement and speed. She could be a force but right now, neither here nor there.
Maybe sort out this story next time you tell it to make more sense.