Disappearing Rankings...and OTHER tales from the WTA website's abyss of incompetence - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #1
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Disappearing Rankings...and OTHER tales from the WTA website's abyss of incompetence

.....Or maybe they haven't. One of the players referred to this week as the second one of the tournament. Have never heard Madrid mentioned that way in the past, but you could twist your imagination a bit by comparing Madrid to Indian Wells, Miami, et al...even though the 'first week' starts on Saturday and ends on Sunday only one day later. If Madrid were considered a 2-week tourney, than that would sort of justify the lack of posted rankings

I say this to diplomatically offer the WTA an out for not posting the rankings on Monday, as usual.....and this certainly is FAR from a life-and-death issue, as we're reminded even more by the sad passing of Baltacha.

Even so, the WTA might be the nadir of pro sports in terms of piss-ant leadership, wasted player potential and monkey-f--king-a-futbol asynchronization. I can imagine someone losing the rubber band that barely held the rankings-calculation computer intact...and let's not forget that Ms. Allaster's unemployed, quasi-literate, elementary-school-dropout nephew, Jethro(with his masturbation fix on zero-tourney winner,Genie Kournichard), is running the WTA website. Jethro still hasn't figured out that the year 2000 was the final one of the PREVIOUS millennium and not the first year of THIS one...but let's not give him an aneurysm by forcing him to think about 'all that tricky math stuff'

Like I implied earlier, if they have a plausible excuse for not posting the rankings, then I'll apologize for being too hard on them, give Allaster & crew a 3-month hiatus from any critical posts and delete the harsher words above. Any news on those rankings, folks???

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm

Last edited by bruce goose : May 7th, 2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Longevity
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:22 AM   #2
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why have WTA rankings disappeared???

If you just post a clear and coherent message instead of a rambling mess you might get more responses.

Anyway, the graphics for the matches in Madrid on Monday did have this week's rankings, it's just that the WTA hasn't updated their homepage for whatever reason.

If you look at the individual players' pages, they also don't have last week's results posted, so according to the WTA poor Carla Suarez Navarro still is without a title.

Last edited by KatjaS : May 6th, 2014 at 06:37 AM. Reason: typos
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #3
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
If you just post a clear and coherent message instead of a rambling mess you might get more responses.

Anyway, the graphics for the matches in Madrid on Monday did have this week's rankings, it's just that the WTA hasn't updated their homepage for whatever reason.

If you look at the individual players' pages, they also don't have last week's results posted, so according to the WTA poor Carla Suarez Navarro still is without a title.
Well, I'm not looking for lots and lots of responses--merely an explanation, after which I'll unsuscribe...but thank you for your input, Katja. If this screw-up were an isolated one, then we could easily brush it off as a fluke; however, it's more like a pattern for an organization that only masquerades as a professional sports league...ESPECIALLY in re their website.

My boss gave us the day off for Cinco de Mayo, but tomorrow is a normal workday so I'm headed for bed. Auf wiedersehen, marchen frau

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:58 AM   #4
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

New rankings are up in the WTA intranet since yesterday so probably they forgot about the website
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 08:52 AM   #5
country flag NIKKO

NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
New rankings are up in the WTA intranet since yesterday so probably they forgot about the website
Intranet, what do you mean ?
NIKKO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #6
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKO View Post
Intranet, what do you mean ?
WTA intranet for players.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #7
country flag NIKKO

NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold NIKKO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes, i´ve found it, but the ones we aren´t players ....
NIKKO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #8
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

What did you expect from WTA? They are terrible score keepers. There is no other pro (or even amateur) sports where they forgot to notice someone was № 1 until after she retired (à la WTA's Evonne Goolagong)
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #9
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Am headed for work so I'll check any replies later, but are you saying that their intranet is only accessible to the players or merely that it was designed especially for them??

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #10
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future

The livescore app has the new rankings.

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #11
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
What did you expect from WTA? They are terrible score keepers. There is no other pro (or even amateur) sports where they forgot to notice someone was № 1 until after she retired (à la WTA's Evonne Goolagong)
You may not pay any attention to the NFL, but they had a mini-scandal 2 years ago when they refused to meet the refs' salary demands and tried using high-school refs when the regulars wouldn't work. The high-schoolers caused such an uproar, with their incompetence, amongst the fans that the league capitulated to the real referees.

I suspect that the WTA doesn't have such a working-class fanbase(more of a soft,idle, wealthy one) ; therefore, Allaster & crew don't feel any obligations or concerns about the overall quality of the product......as long as enough money keeps rolling in

Old May 6th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #12
country flag meneer_hidayat

meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all meneer_hidayat is a name known to all

its so ironic, WTA, big organization, they can pay good human resource to update ranking.
meneer_hidayat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #13
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If this screw-up were an isolated one, then we could easily brush it off as a fluke; however, it's more like a pattern for an organization that only masquerades as a professional sports league...ESPECIALLY in re their website.
I agree. It's pathetic. There are so many woeful things to do with stats. Even using the H2H is a chore.
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #14
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Am headed for work so I'll check any replies later, but are you saying that their intranet is only accessible to the players or merely that it was designed especially for them??
both
where players can enter/withdraw from events
see lists, where they are on lists regarding to getting in MD/Q

plus other info
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #15
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
both
where players can enter/withdraw from events
see lists, where they are on lists regarding to getting in MD/Q

plus other info
Thanks, TBE, and the internet world confirms your statement. There are a few websites that CLAIM to have the rankings as of May 5---but they're EXACTLY like LAST week's rankings, with Oeiras champ CSN supposedly never having won a title.

The WTA reminds me of a Communist gov't that practices denial like religion; if a building collapses due to shoddy design, killing thousands, the state-run media will claim that 'a few' people died and that the foreign media is exaggerating the death toll. Likewise, when a horny player fires her experienced coach and puts her aerobics-instructor bf---with NO tennis experience--in that position, the WTA webpage will innocently state that she's 'trying to get different perspectives' from the new "coach".

It's obvious to me that the walking dildos who run the WTA are gonna wait until NEXT week to release rankings...that is, IF they can fix whatever systemic problems the site has...and hope that we fans don't discuss their f--k-up too much. We know they're incompetent, and they know that WE know they're incompetent, but they need to "save face" by pretending that no problem exists. If they tried to upload the new rankings before next week, it would be tantamount to admitting their unprofessional failures, and that won't happen in Allaster's no-accountability tennis universe. If you actually ran into one of the morons-in-charge on the street, he/she might use sweet Bally's death as an excuse for why they were too distracted to fix their f--k-up.....for shame