French Open 2014 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:20 AM   #16
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all
Re: French Open 2014

I think Ash will be a late developer like Molik/Stosur.
Grinding on the tour at a young age can do damage to a young player.
I would personally prefer Storm (who does a bit of grinding on tour and gets injured a fair bit...) get it...
But my second option would be Ash.
Jarka has played horribly the whole year, finally has a good tournament though, but hasn't done enough. Same with Olivia.
I wish Dokic was playing tennis this year so I could rant about her getting it
Hoping Casey gets an easy first round and not a seed
dok-stos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:44 AM   #17
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok-stos View Post
Could not agree more. It's not quite the same.
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Quebec City (w/goOudinUSA), 2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224), 2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:51 PM   #18
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I don't think there is an outstanding candidate for the WC. However, it would be nice if they would award it to someone who is out there at least trying to gain the necessary points to get a sufficient ranking for DE.

Oh well now that Ash is 18 she is probably going to get tossed aside by TA in the not to distant future for the next young thing. Think I would be looking for Team Bains to be getting it next year.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:43 PM   #19
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Jarka.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:58 AM   #20
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Give it to Jarka if she wins this tournament and she can save her PR for Wimbledon

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:00 AM   #21
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
^ agree. Won't happen though

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #22
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

Please to Jarka
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 04:13 AM   #23
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok-stos View Post
I think Ash will be a late developer like Molik/Stosur.
Grinding on the tour at a young age can do damage to a young player.
I would personally prefer Storm (who does a bit of grinding on tour and gets injured a fair bit...) get it...
But my second option would be Ash.
Jarka has played horribly the whole year, finally has a good tournament though, but hasn't done enough. Same with Olivia.
Hoping Casey gets an easy first round and not a seed
Yes but they have age restriction for young player. She has been injured a lot in the last 12 months but could have played a little more when she was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Yep the Barty Party continues I think. Not that I would want Liv to receive one either. She'll get benefit slogging it out in the quallies too.

I actually think these reciprocal swap deals have ran their race. The USA have a glut of players to choose so it probably suits them. However us, and France, who handed their AO one to the veteran Parmentier this year, just keep going to the same well.

I'd prefer Gadjosova to get it over anyone. Practically two full years off the tour, maybe she needs a helping hand to get back on track.

Or just give it back, or just ask for a couple of quallie ones in return, or just plain make it a playoff for the thing.
Yes, that's the problem here the lack of upcoming Australian/French player

Last edited by guichard : May 5th, 2014 at 04:28 AM.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 04:50 AM   #24
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

No reason why they can't put Jarka, Storm, Ash and Liv in a playoff for it, right? Not very disruptive to their schedule. It'd only be two matches tops.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:09 AM   #25
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Good to see Hon, Birrell, Bains , Mendez entering the Junior French Open
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #26
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Tomic? Is she injured?

I like this Mendez kid. Seems to me she's one of the few (very young) juniors that plays a lot of tournaments overseas instead of at home.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #27
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Stojanovic seems to be in that category too
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #28
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Where is Tomic? Is she injured?

I like this Mendez kid. Seems to me she's one of the few (very young) juniors that plays a lot of tournaments overseas instead of at home.
Not sure but her current ranking (#124) is too low even for qualifying http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...tid=1100030888
Old May 15th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #29
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Apparently Storm got a QWC!!!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #30
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote