BOMBSHELL: Czink reportedly suing WTA for Birmingham incident - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #31
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of
Re: BOMBSHELL: Czink reportedly suing WTA for Birmingham incident

I wonder whether Messrs Bean and Clappy visited her in hospital.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #32
country flag Ryu

Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all Ryu is a name known to all

I really don't think that many of the users so far are aware of how health insurance works . . .
Ryu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #33
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

this girl has endured a lot of things in her life

I'm all with her on this one too

good luck Melinda

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #34
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
And where in this is the WTA's fault? For not picking up the phone and telling her what hospital to go to? I dont think you can sue someone for that. "you didnt tell me the details to the good hospital so i went to the nearest one and suffered bad care"?
This though. This incident really, REALLY sucks and I understand her frustration, but the WTA's job is to provide insurance and pay for it in the circumstance that she uses it, not drive her to a hospital she can't find herself as an adult woman.

That said, the whole story is really sad so I hope she's alright and can have some future on the tour still.

EDIT: Actually it looks like AETNA provides the insurance, so if anyone is liable it's them and not the WTA .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet

Last edited by iGOAT : Apr 27th, 2014 at 08:20 PM.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #35
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
Everyone in this topic and the WTA would've been on her side if she was named Serena Williams/Maria Sharapova. Fact.
Sadly, this. They would never end up at that hospital in the first place though.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #36
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Melinda! Totally supporting you on this one.

Aetna is garbage.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #37
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprising. I find the UK health system WTF.
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #38
Sarindipity

Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
Everyone in this topic and the WTA would've been on her side if she was named Serena Williams/Maria Sharapova. Fact.
Oh shut up. She hasn't got a foot to stand on. She won't win the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
serena's not gonna win it. you know it. it's a stupid award yes but she's not gonna get it. like that 18. it's not gonna happen. bye now.
Sarindipity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #39
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I know. Life sucks..
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #40
country flag The Walking Bye

The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She probably won't, which is unfair, though the WTA was not completely to blame for this.

Though what you just rebuffed is true AND you know it. Serena would kick up a stink (if her team even let her go to this hospital) and people would listen. Same goes with all the top 10

Rankings: Singles Rank: 124 Race: 122 Doubles Rank: 143 Race: 65
Titles:
Singles: Aning 25K 2014 Doubles: Barnstaple 25K 2014
The Walking Bye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #41
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad for her

Hope she'll eventually come through with this. Stacy has been.. well.. horrible

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #42
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

erm, the NHS is good enough for the vast majority of people in britain, and the picture which she paints of conditions somewhat confuses me. medical insurance is not something which exists in the uk in the same way in which it exists in other nations and the NHS's standards are at least supposed to be the very best. in practice of course private facilities are often better as fewer people use them, etc, but it isn't like she was just thrown into some dump.

as for a case against the wta, i'd need to know more details, but i'd be very surprised if she had one. if she had a case based on her insurance, it would probably be against AETNA and if she suffered poor care in the hospital, then she has a case against the hospital.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #43
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
.... in practice of course private facilities are often better as fewer people use them, etc, but it isn't like she was just thrown into some dump.
Actually that's exactly what seems to have happened, at least according to the English language article. Not sure about what impression the other (Hungarian) report makes.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #44
Serena y Monica

Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii's Law View Post
You sue the company or the corporation from who you can get the best result from.

For example if you order a pizza and it arrives at your door with a some spit on it, do you sue the pizza boy who likely spat on it or do you sue Pizza Hut who employed the pizza boy? You sue pizza hut because they have the money and the boy was working for them.

Think of the hospital like the pizza boy and they WTA as Pizza Hut.

By offering her insurance the WTA owes Czink a duty of care. They breached this duty by not ensuring she was sent to the appropriate hospital and checking up on her. Simple.
This is the most ridiculous analogy I have ever read and hopefully she is laughed out of court.

This would be like you suing your employer who you purchased insurance from for not calling calling you after you were taken to the hospital and had a bad experience. To take it a step further it would be like you suing them because you have insurance but don't know how to find a provider to accept your plan. So very stupid.
Serena y Monica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #45
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

@ Chris 84 ^^: That's what concerns me the most: That there's a huge difference of what treatment one can expect depending on which hospital one chooses (or is allowed to use)! The treatment should basically be the same for every individual no matter what. Of course it's tragic what Melinda had to go through, and it's extremely tragic that a patient died on a operating table. But the ultimate tragedy is the difference in treatments (assuming there is a difference. I've no way of knowing, as I'm not in the UK).
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote