BOMBSHELL: Czink reportedly suing WTA for Birmingham incident - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #16
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL: Czink reportedly suing WTA for Birmingham incident

Given the way this is written http://www.itftennis.com/media/130544/130544.pdf it doesn't seem like the WTA bears any legal responsibility. OTOH I think that they need to cater better to the needs of players by giving them a directory of appropriate medical facilities in each city where there's a tourney.

Last edited by pov : Apr 27th, 2014 at 02:24 PM.
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #17
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible experience for her

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #18
country flag kassipops

kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of

If you have a medical condition in the UK that is likely to need EMERGENCY treatment, then - regardless of private health insurance - you will be taken to the nearest NHS hospital with an Accident & Emergency department. You may then be transferred to the more comfortable surroundings of a private hospital to recover afterwards, but private hospitals here are generally for elective treatments only.

If MC's appendicitis was deemed potentially fatal - as she claims it was - then taking her to NHS A&E is absolutely standard procedure.

...Karolinas - Woz, the Great & Powerful K-Plis

...one Grass Court Colossus - KvittyGOAT ...and her Dark Half - S***ra
kassipops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #19
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

That's sounds like a horrible experience of health care that you'd receive in a very poor country, not the UK. I am deeply ashamed that she had to go through that. If she is paying the WTA for private health care, they should have referred her to a private hospital, so the WTA do have some responsibility but that's still not acceptable from the NHS.

Quote:
If you have a medical condition in the UK that is likely to need EMERGENCY treatment, then - regardless of private health insurance - you will be taken to the nearest NHS hospital with an Accident & Emergency department. You may then be transferred to the more comfortable surroundings of a private hospital to recover afterwards, but private hospitals here are generally for elective treatments only.
Yeah, that is correct, but if she's paying the WTA for health insurance then I'd think at least they'd have someone explain this to her and guide her treatment.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #20
country flag riff

riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all

horrible, they get the money every year and then it is not their care, WTF?
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #21
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

^
WTa health insurance: http://www.itftennis.com/media/130544/130544.pdf
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #22
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
" "I don't want pity, I just want to draw attention to this issue" said Czink.
Why was this not reported in Anglo tennis media? Where are the usual tennis reporters?

Are they and Stacey Allaster in cahoots?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #23
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

"My career is in danger and I don't even know that I will ever be able to continue playing tennis"

She's probably retiring.

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton

Last edited by hBence : Apr 27th, 2014 at 02:44 PM.
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #24
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone in this topic and the WTA would've been on her side if she was named Serena Williams/Maria Sharapova. Fact.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #25
country flag pov

^
Give it a rest will ya.
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:55 PM   #26
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii's Law View Post
You sue the company or the corporation from who you can get the best result from.

For example if you order a pizza and it arrives at your door with a some spit on it, do you sue the pizza boy who likely spat on it or do you sue Pizza Hut who employed the pizza boy? You sue pizza hut because they have the money and the boy was working for them.

Think of the hospital like the pizza boy and they WTA as Pizza Hut.

By offering her insurance the WTA owes Czink a duty of care. They breached this duty by not ensuring she was sent to the appropriate hospital and checking up on her. Simple.
Reading the article the hospital/NHS/United Kingdom would be Pizza Hut. Sounds like she should sue them, if her descriptions of events are accurate. Animals probably get more hygienic conditions and better antibiotics in a slaughterhouse.

Hardly see a case for a lawsuit against the WTA. They probably could have handled the post-op situation better, but hardly grounds for a lawsuit against them I think. Although maybe the judge will rule in her favour, better the WTA pays than the Queen.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #27
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Reading the article the hospital/NHS/United Kingdom would be Pizza Hut. Sounds like she should sue them, if her descriptions of events are accurate. Animals probably get more hygienic conditions and better antibiotics in a slaughterhouse.

Hardly see a case for a lawsuit against the WTA. They probably could have handled the post-op situation better, but hardly grounds for a lawsuit against them I think. Although maybe the judge will rule in her favour, better the WTA pays than the Queen.
But the NHS did what they were supposed to do. They did not breach any duty of care.

Czink has a contract with the WTA as well as an implied duty of care. Hence they are responsible, also nothing is stopping her from suing both the NHS and WTA.

Daniilidou, Muguruza, Cornet, Azarenka, Lisicki, Stosur, Na, Date-Krumm, Cirstea,
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #28
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No she's right to sue (if only in order to drag them for an out of court settlement and also to send a message. Otherwise this will happen again.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #29
country flag Marlene

Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
[…] OTOH I think that they need to cater better to the needs of players by giving them a directory of appropriate medical facilities in each city where there's a tourney.
Disagree… because it's a lawsuit waiting to happen if the WTA starts to suggest what is 'appropriate' medical facilities and not.

NB: This 'WTA health insurance' is not actually provided by the WTA, despite the wording. It's an AETNA insurance, and the WTA just kindly offers to pay 70% of the premium for players who sign up for this. It's the players' own responsibility to have a proper health insurance.

With every international medical insurance I know of you get a card with a phone number, and the very first thing you do when you need any sort of (non-emergency) medical service is that you call that number. They'll then tell you what to do, where to go, etc., and--most importantly--be liable for that information.
Marlene is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #30
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Although maybe the judge will rule in her favour, better the WTA pays than the Queen.
Lol, it's not the Queen who funds the NHS but the taxpayers.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote