L.A. Clippers Owner to Girlfriend: Don't Bring Black People to My Games - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #661
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L.A. Clippers Owner to Girlfriend: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

Update: Judge has denied Shelly Sterling request
, CNN just reported
================================================== ================================================== ===================
Court documents: Sterling allegedly threatened life of wife's attorney

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Los Angeles Clippers co-owner Donald Sterling allegedly threatened the life of his estranged wife's attorney by shouting over the phone, "I am going to take you out, O'Donnell!" according to documents filed Thursday in a Los Angeles probate court.
The attorney, Pierce O'Donnell, said he took the remarks as a death threat.
When asked for a response, Donald Sterling's attorney, Max Blecher, said "Mr. Sterling means no harm and he just has a short fuse."
Sterling's wife, Shelly, also a Clippers co-owner, is seeking a court protection order for O'Donnell and at least two physicians who earlier certified Donald Sterling as mentally incapacitated.
The two physicians are witnesses in a July probate court trial that was initiated by Shelly Sterling, who is asking a judge to uphold her negotiated sale of the NBA team for $2 billion despite her husband's objections.
The NBA ordered the sale of the team after Donald Sterling's recorded racist remarks to a companion were made public.

Attorneys for Donald Sterling told CNN they plan to oppose the motion for a protective order.
Shelly Sterling's maneuver to seek a probate court trial in July comes as three physicians say her estranged husband, Donald, 80, is mentally incapacitated, O'Donnell has said. Court papers say her husband shows early Alzheimer's or other brain disease.

But Donald Sterling allegedly left "threatening voicemail messages last week" for two of the physicians, Dr. James Edward Spar and Dr. Meril S. Platzer, who earlier examined Sterling and deemed him incapacitated, according to Shelly Sterling's legal documents filed in court.
Donald Sterling's message to Platzer stated, "I'm gonna see that you lose your license" and "I'm going to sue you for a large sum, I guarantee you," court papers said.
Donald Sterling left a profanity-laced message for Spar with threats to "have you lose your license" and "get you fired" and "have your insurance company call me," according to documents.
Donald Sterling's voicemail to Spar also stated, "I'll show you what I think of you when I see you in court!" according to court papers.

Another attorney for Donald Sterling, Bobby Samini, then sent a letter to each of the two physicians that accused them of being "part of a conspiracy" and threatening them with litigation seeking "damages for your illegal conduct," according to documents filed by Shelly Sterling's attorneys.
The documents said Samini demanded that the doctors stop communicating with anyone other than Donald Sterling about his medical condition.
When asked about Thursday's legal filings, Samini told reporters that the public release of medical information is a distressing experience.
"He was upset his medical records were disseminated," Samini said.
The two physicians who examined Donald Sterling didn't have his permission to talk to third parties, Samini said.
Speaking about Donald Sterling's overall reaction, Samini stated: "I was shocked by how tempered he maintained himself."

Shelly Sterling recently reached an agreement with former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to sell the Los Angeles Clippers, which is owned by a family trust, for $2 billion.
A Los Angeles probate court will hold a four-day trial on the proposed sale to Ballmer, beginning July 7. Shelly Sterling is asking the court to uphold her deal with Ballmer.
NBA commissioner Adam Silver banned the Clippers' co-owner for life and fined him $2.5 million after the comments went public. Sterling responded by suing the NBA for $1 billion.
The real estate mogul bought the Los Angeles Clippers in 1981 for about $12 million.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/19/us/sterling-witnesses/

================================================== =====

The Sterlings saga continues.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #662
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post

Update: Judge has denied Shelly Sterling request
, CNN just reported
================================================== ================================================== ===================
Court documents: Sterling allegedly threatened life of wife's attorney

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Los Angeles Clippers co-owner Donald Sterling allegedly threatened the life of his estranged wife's attorney by shouting over the phone, "I am going to take you out, O'Donnell!" according to documents filed Thursday in a Los Angeles probate court.
The attorney, Pierce O'Donnell, said he took the remarks as a death threat.
When asked for a response, Donald Sterling's attorney, Max Blecher, said "Mr. Sterling means no harm and he just has a short fuse."
Sterling's wife, Shelly, also a Clippers co-owner, is seeking a court protection order for O'Donnell and at least two physicians who earlier certified Donald Sterling as mentally incapacitated.
The two physicians are witnesses in a July probate court trial that was initiated by Shelly Sterling, who is asking a judge to uphold her negotiated sale of the NBA team for $2 billion despite her husband's objections.
The NBA ordered the sale of the team after Donald Sterling's recorded racist remarks to a companion were made public.

Attorneys for Donald Sterling told CNN they plan to oppose the motion for a protective order.
Shelly Sterling's maneuver to seek a probate court trial in July comes as three physicians say her estranged husband, Donald, 80, is mentally incapacitated, O'Donnell has said. Court papers say her husband shows early Alzheimer's or other brain disease.

But Donald Sterling allegedly left "threatening voicemail messages last week" for two of the physicians, Dr. James Edward Spar and Dr. Meril S. Platzer, who earlier examined Sterling and deemed him incapacitated, according to Shelly Sterling's legal documents filed in court.
Donald Sterling's message to Platzer stated, "I'm gonna see that you lose your license" and "I'm going to sue you for a large sum, I guarantee you," court papers said.
Donald Sterling left a profanity-laced message for Spar with threats to "have you lose your license" and "get you fired" and "have your insurance company call me," according to documents.
Donald Sterling's voicemail to Spar also stated, "I'll show you what I think of you when I see you in court!" according to court papers.

Another attorney for Donald Sterling, Bobby Samini, then sent a letter to each of the two physicians that accused them of being "part of a conspiracy" and threatening them with litigation seeking "damages for your illegal conduct," according to documents filed by Shelly Sterling's attorneys.
The documents said Samini demanded that the doctors stop communicating with anyone other than Donald Sterling about his medical condition.
When asked about Thursday's legal filings, Samini told reporters that the public release of medical information is a distressing experience.
"He was upset his medical records were disseminated," Samini said.
The two physicians who examined Donald Sterling didn't have his permission to talk to third parties, Samini said.
Speaking about Donald Sterling's overall reaction, Samini stated: "I was shocked by how tempered he maintained himself."

Shelly Sterling recently reached an agreement with former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to sell the Los Angeles Clippers, which is owned by a family trust, for $2 billion.
A Los Angeles probate court will hold a four-day trial on the proposed sale to Ballmer, beginning July 7. Shelly Sterling is asking the court to uphold her deal with Ballmer.
NBA commissioner Adam Silver banned the Clippers' co-owner for life and fined him $2.5 million after the comments went public. Sterling responded by suing the NBA for $1 billion.
The real estate mogul bought the Los Angeles Clippers in 1981 for about $12 million.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/19/us/sterling-witnesses/

================================================== =====

The Sterlings saga continues.
I don't blame him for going off and it's against the law for a doctor to discuss anyone's medical records even to their spouse unless the spouse has been given permission by the patient. Shelly is trying hard to get control of his empire and think the judge made the right decision.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #663
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Ms. Karma (an RN who I'd trust my elderly mother's care to if she were closer and available, silly fights here notwithstanding) is correct that even a Donald Sterling still has a right to medical privacy.

Unfortunately she's not willing to recognize his right not to have a private conversation taped and sold by his former golddigger, after V-da-ho decided it might pay better to betray her then Sugar Daddy.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #664
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
It's certainly against the law to publicly release medical records...unless by court order; which was not the case here.
The release of the medical records may very well be the undoing of Shellie Sterling's deal to sell the team, as well.
However, on the flip side, the threats against the doctors will also work against Donald Sterling.
Difficult to tell exactly where this will all lead (legally speaking).
My guess is that a judge may not allow the sell of the team since the wife may have used illegal means (medical documentation) to bolster the sell.
And Sterling may even retain legal ownership of the team, but still be required to pay the fine levied by the NBA commissioner.
What a freakish mess.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote