L.A. Clippers Owner to Girlfriend: Don't Bring Black People to My Games - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #16
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L.A. Clippers Owner to Girlfriend: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
It is always refreshing to hear people speak their mind.
True.

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Tsonga*Murray*Monfils*Gulb is*Young*Safin*Mirnyi*

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”

― Maya Angelou
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #17
country flag buddyholly

buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future

I understand the players are under contract and have to play, but won't the seats be empty from now on? Next home game is Tuesday. I don't follow basketball, but will tune in for this one.

Did anyone notice that he seems to be telling his girlfriend that she can bring black men home and do whatever she wants with them sexually, just do not be seen I public with a black person?
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #18
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if he's paying his cattle grazing taxes.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #19
country flag buddyholly

buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future

I just listened to the whole tape. Seems Sterling has a long history of racism, but the NBA chose to sweep it under the carpet until now.

But the tape is very strange. It is apparently not a telephone conversation, but it is very clear. The two people almost appear to be reading their lines. They say every word very clearly, never talk over one another, as most people do when they are in a heated discussion. It sounds like two people standing on a stage reading a play script for the first time.

So far there appears to be no information as to where and how this tape was made, but I suspect there is a lot more to this story.
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #20
country flag buddyholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureracket View Post
Wonder if he's paying his cattle grazing taxes.
Probably not, but I hear his girlfriend is bringing Bundy to the next home game.
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #21
country flag SocaBrainwash

SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/sta...10636480204800

Quote:
LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling's comments about African Americans are a black eye for the NBA.
SocaBrainwash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #22
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

As is often the case, this is not the first time he expressed racial animus toward blacks.
Surprise, surprise, he also does not like Hispanics.

But again, Cliven Bundy, Michael Dunn etc.. have already taught us

Quote:

Donald Sterling to pay $2.725 million to settle housing discrimination lawsuit

Los Angeles Clippers owner and real estate mogul Donald T. Sterling has agreed to pay a record $2.725 million to settle allegations that he discriminated against African Americans, Hispanics and families with children at scores of apartment buildings he owns in and around Los Angeles.

The settlement, which must be approved by U.S. District Judge Dale S. Fischer, is the largest ever obtained by the Justice Department in a housing discrimination case involving apartment rentals, officials said.
If approved, the settlement would also resolve a pair of lawsuits by former tenants of Sterling who alleged they were discriminated against because of their race.

In the court documents describing the agreement, Sterling and his wife, Rochelle, deny any wrongdoing. They describe the agreement as "a compromise of disputed claims" and not an admission of any liability.

Under the agreement, Sterling and his wife would pay $2.625 million to a fund for people who were harmed by their discriminatory practices, officials said. They would also pay a $100,000 penalty to the government.

“The magnitude of this settlement demonstrates our commitment to vigorously prosecute violations of the Fair Housing Act,” Thomas E. Perez, head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, said in a statement. “With tight mortgage credit and rising foreclosures, it is more important than ever that minorities not face discrimination when renting apartments.”

The Justice Department sued the Sterlings three years ago, accusing them of favoring Korean tenants while seeking to exclude blacks and families with children. Through their Beverly Hills Properties, the Sterlings own and manage about 119 apartment buildings with some 5,000 units in Los Angeles County, according to the Justice Department.

In court filings, Justice Department lawyers presented evidence that the Sterlings made statements “indicating that African Americans and Hispanics were not desirable tenants and that they preferred Korean tenants” occupy buildings they owned in Koreatown.

Had the case gone to trial, an expert would have testified that an analysis of the Sterlings' rental practices in Koreatown revealed that they rented to far fewer African Americans and Hispanics than would be expected, based on demographics.

As part of the settlement, the Sterlings will be required to pay for an independent contractor to monitor their employees' compliance with the Fair Housing Act over the next three years. The results of the tests would be reported to the Sterlings and to the government.

source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...n-lawsuit.html

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #23
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to being racist, he is just a cold hearted guy.

I read that soem years ago, his assistant coach has cancer and needed an operation.
But his contract did not include health coverage, so he went to Sterling to ask if he could pay for surgery as the employer.
But Sterling refused.

The players on the team pulled their reources together and paid for the surgery. It was successful.

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #24
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2notrump View Post
Why should it be a black eye for the NBA? Why should other people whom don't share his view be unceremoniously lumped in with him? And if he doesn't want black people at his games, fine. They'll spend their money and time where their business is appreciated.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #25
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Pretty much this. It's not like we don't know they are thinking it.
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #26
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeucesAreWild View Post
Why should it be a black eye for the NBA? Why should other people whom don't share his view be unceremoniously lumped in with him? And if he doesn't want black people at his games, fine. They'll spend their money and time where their business is appreciated.
Becuase the NBA, as an orgnization, does not want to project a racist image.
The owners are a big part of the collective image the NBA project, and Magic probably happen to care about that.

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #27
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2notrump View Post

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:06 AM   #28
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
But the tape is very strange. It is apparently not a telephone conversation, but it is very clear. The two people almost appear to be reading their lines. They say every word very clearly, never talk over one another, as most people do when they are in a heated discussion. It sounds like two people standing on a stage reading a play script for the first time.
You tried it. She clearly baited him into the conversation and recorded it, prob with her cell phone.
And yes, they talk over each other several times.
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #29
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Despicable.

Oddly enough, he's going to be honored at the NAACP Awards next week with a Lifetime Achievement Award

CNN's Don Lemon is currently devoting his whole show on the matter. Apparently there will be a press conference from the NBA at the bottom of the hour
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #30
country flag tennisbum79

Another disgusting twist.
Sterling is slated to receive an NAACP Life Time Achievement Award next month

The 2 guests on CNN are absoutely right.
NAACP may have turned a blind eye on his past and to take the money .

Why would the NAACP give an award of any kind to someone who settle the highest housing discrimination lawsuit????