WTA 2003: Who will be the next player winning her 1st career singles title? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #1
Burberry

Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point
WTA 2003: Who will be the next player winning her 1st career singles title?

So far in 2003, we have the following 5 players winning their first career singles title:

Nathalie Dechy - Gold Coast, Australia
Alicia Molik - Hobart, Australia
Tamarine Tanasugarn - Hyderabad, India
Elena Dementieva - Amelia Island, Florida
Vera Zvonareva - Bol, Croatia

Who will be the next?

I hope this list will continue for this year.............
Burberry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2003, 01:51 AM   #2
country flag Messenger

Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice
Alexandra Stevenson
Tatiana Panova

And yes there's a small chance that it's Anna K.
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:17 AM   #3
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
Thank Burberry
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:24 AM   #4
DiZZiA

DiZZiA has disabled reputation
Only Alexandra Stevension & Clarisa Fernandez are the singles titleless players in the current Top30...

Alex may have a chance to do it at the Indoor season!!??

But I hope Clarisa will be the next one.....
DiZZiA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 03:03 AM   #5
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i hope it will be vera douchevina, sharapova, petrova, lina k, anna k, strycova, bielik, stosur, baltacha or golovin.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 03:16 AM   #6
selesrules

selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ANNA KOURNIKOVA
selesrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:02 AM   #7
country flag SerialKiller#69

SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light
i hope it's anna k but if i were being realistic, i would say not yet. probably from a tier iv or v this year.

alex has a lot of confidence in indoors but if she gets a good draw and a tinge of luck then she can do it.

.tatianagolovin.sesilkaratancheva.shuaipeng.

.lindsayDAVENPORT.kimCLIJSTERS.

"i don't wanna be your other half i believe that one and one make two."

alanis m.

SerialKiller#69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 05:45 AM   #8
Scorpion

Scorpion is an unknown quantity at this point Scorpion is an unknown quantity at this point Scorpion is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the next first singles title winner will happen in a Lower Tier event...
Scorpion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 05:50 PM   #9
Kirt12255

Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute Kirt12255 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i hope it will be vera douchevina, sharapova, petrova, lina k, anna k, strycova, bielik, stosur, baltacha or golovin.
Petrova seems like the obvious choice...if she can stay injury free....Stosur (and not just saying this because I am Aussie) has the game...not the mind at the moment...next year may be different. She will be the #1 Aussie Female in 3 years.

Any Russian junior have a chance....have proven this year they have a terrific system above the "Powerhouse countries" IMO