Henin-Hardenne has changed this year! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2003, 08:04 AM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Henin-Hardenne has changed this year!

...she has become MUCH mentally tougher.

This time last year, she was still struggling to close out tight matches. [Think--Amelia Island]

But this year, she has showed great will in many matches:
def. Davenport 7-5 5-7 9-7 Aussie
def. Seles 4-6 7-6 7-5 Dubai--saving match points
def. Clijsters 6-4 4-6 7-5 Berlin--saving match points

It's wonderful to see
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2003, 08:09 AM   #2
country flag tfannis
Spaghetti Warrior

tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute tfannis has a reputation beyond repute
And she made up a 3-0 deficit in the first set against Serena winning 6 games in a row
tfannis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 08:12 AM   #3
WtaTour4Ever
Team WTAworld

WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light
yeah its good to see ... I was so happy for her when she came back to beat Lindsay at the AO.
WtaTour4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 08:17 AM   #4
BasicTennis

BasicTennis has disabled reputation
She is not HARDENNEd for nothing.

Madame Oracene Williams could certainly teach the French & Belgian crowds on how to upgrade their respective primitive behaviours during a tennis match.
BasicTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #5
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
I did not see the match against clijsters but from reading the posts, her serve was really on. Is it too early to compare her to hingis but with a superior serve? I know she hasn't accopmlished half what martina did and may never (5 slams and about 40 titles), but her game with the mental thing is becoming quite complete. Good for her.
tennnisfannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #6
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
BasicTennis
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 08:19 AM   #7
BasicTennis

BasicTennis has disabled reputation
Jordan

Madame Oracene Williams could certainly teach the French & Belgian crowds on how to upgrade their respective primitive behaviours during a tennis match.
BasicTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:22 AM   #8
country flag katrientje

katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all
Justine is definetely becoming a more mature player. I was veeeeerrry pleased with the justine I saw yesterday against Kimmie. She was relaxed, not thinking too much, just playing very smart and confident, going for her shots and playing well on the big points...
I think you might compare her with hingis with a stronger serve, it's just that IMO in the period that Martina realized her big wins, there were no "extremely talented Williams sisters" around...

Good luck to K-lina Sprem, Venus, Tati Golovin, Daniela, and Lena D
katrientje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:27 AM   #9
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicTennis
She is not HARDENNEd for nothing.

good one!
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:31 AM   #10
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrientje
I think you might compare her with hingis with a stronger serve, it's just that IMO in the period that Martina realized her big wins, there were no "extremely talented Williams sisters" around...
But would Justine have worked so hard on her serve if there weren't any Williams sisters around? I'm convinced that Justine and Kim are such well rounded players now because of the challenge of the Williams sisters. They expose players's weaknesses. Right now it's clear that if you don't have a decent serve and if you can't hit the ball hard, you can forget about leading the rankings. A few years ago, that wasn't the case, tennis has changed a lot and because of it, the players have changed as well because they don't have a choice.
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:45 AM   #11
rikvanlooy

rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggin' Beguine
But would Justine have worked so hard on her serve if there weren't any Williams sisters around? I'm convinced that Justine and Kim are such well rounded players now because of the challenge of the Williams sisters. They expose players's weaknesses. Right now it's clear that if you don't have a decent serve and if you can't hit the ball hard, you can forget about leading the rankings. A few years ago, that wasn't the case, tennis has changed a lot and because of it, the players have changed as well because they don't have a choice.
Your so right. The Sisters are such an athletes that the other have to follow. Justine, Meghan and Dokic have worked very hard. They are now much more muscular than a few years ago.

Everybody has to train harder to be able to compete with the Sisters. I'm sure that nowadays the female players are much better than years ago.

Justine and Kim would destroy players like Evert (even on clay - look at what happens to players like ASV and Conchita, Coetzer) .

I'm convinced that Serena is now the best that there has ever been. She is such an athlete.

I'm also amazed at the improvement of Justine and Kim. This year they post a 8-0 against Davenport, Seles, Capriati and Mauresmo. Two years ago they played hard matches against these players, but they lost almost always.
rikvanlooy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote