My Picks for the French Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #1
country flag katoles2003

katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough katoles2003 is a jewel in the rough
My Picks for the French Open

1)Justine Henin-Hardenne
She is really on quite a roll right now. She has beaten Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters this year. I think that if she is to win a major title this is her year to do it. I think she has all the goods and could surprise a lot of people by winning this title.

2)Serena Williams
Serena got off to an incredible start this year by completing her 'Serena Slam'. I think it is going to be incredibly difficult this year for her to defend her title here. I think that she has slowed down a little bit since her loss to Henin-Hardenne at Charleston. When she plays well she is incredibly difficult to beat as well. She is capable and we will have to see where the chips fall when she gets farther into the draw.

3)Kim Clijsters
I think she has gotten off to a pretty good start this year as well. She has Sydney and Indian Wells under her belt. She has also had some success on clay this year by making the finals at Berlin. She has the goods as well to win this open title. The question is will she let the pressure get to her like she did at the Australian Open and have another major choke? I'm sure she will not want that to happen again. Only time will tell...

4)Amelie Mauresmo
I think that she can cause an upset or two by playing in her home country. She beat Venus on clay at Warsaw this year. She also made the semis at Berlin so she is a tough opponent. However not ever making it past the 4th round in her home state could prove troublesome for her. She has all the talent she needs, its a question of whether it will show up on the day...

5)Venus Williams
Venus is my favorite, but not my favorite for the title. I think she will be lucky if she makes it here to Roland Garros. Hopefully her injury will have healed and she will be back at 100%. I will be very surprised if Venus wins this title. If she is to win she has GOT to work on her second serve. She needs to have it consistent and in the 90 mph range to have any shot. Venus also needs to practice her forehand and just slug it out. Hopefully she will get rid of the demons and win her first French Open, but I seriously doubt it.

6)Jennifer Capriati
Not winning a title since the 2002 Australian Open, I'm sure she will be very hungry to win her second French Open Title. However after watching her at Miami, She seriously needs to work on her serving technique if she is to have any chance at beating top contenders.

7)Lindsay Davenport
Having not played here since 2000. Im sure Lindsay will be wanting to have a shot at this title. I saw her at Charleston and she was looking good but she needs to get her first serve consistent. Lindsay also needs to control her wild errors and step up her level of play.

8)Anastasia Myskina
I think that this Russian can have good success here. She has proved this year that she can be one of the top players in the world and can pull of some surprises. I doubt she will get past the quarters though...

9)Elena Dementiva
Surprise, Surprise. After beating Davenport to win Amelia Island she has proved that she can be one of the best too. I think her key to winning will to step up her serve. She needs to start cranking serves to have any shot at doing well.

10)Hantuchova
Daniela, please eat something! I think that if she bulks up a bit then she will do well, but not until then.

Could play spoiler...
Seles, Rubin, Zvonareva, Daniilidou, Dokic, Maleeva, Bovina, Sugiyama, Coetzer, Pistolesi, Schnyder, Raymond.

I think it is going to be very interesting! Any thoughts?
katoles2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2003, 09:19 PM   #2
SueBarker

SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice SueBarker is just really nice
What about me? After all, I have won it before! Yes, in 1976, yours truly, beautiful, blonde, BBC anchor-woman Sue Barker was French Open champion.

PS. I Hate Chris
SueBarker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2003, 12:18 AM   #3
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute
Gfreat analysis katoles

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #4
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute
thank you! It was great to read. And I agree with you a lot.

Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote