Will Serena defend her titles in Rome and RG? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2003, 09:55 PM   #1
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Will Serena defend her titles in Rome and RG?

We Serena know that, clay is still a vulnerable surface for her.
But as everyone knows, and of course we know, nothing's impossible for her..

Do you think she can do this again? Cause there is a curse for those who win Rome, they never do well in Roland Garros.. But Serena proved everyone wrong in 2002.. Can this curse affect her this year? What do you think?

I don't think so...

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #2
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Rome will be tough, just because it will be her first event on red clay. But I think Roland Garros is hers...especially if Venus can't play
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 10:22 PM   #3
country flag Mr. Man

Mr. Man has disabled reputation
I think she will. She will be determine to defend a clay title and even more determine to defend a GrandSlam for the first time!

Here's to Serena!

Venus & Serena: "You are my everything."

- Official Duke of the Royal Court -
Mr. Man is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:23 PM   #4
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
ROFL @ Ken's sig.

I have faith in my girls. I'm sure that Serena wants to continue her successful run into this year. I really believe she is determined to get the calendar slam but she's taking it one slam at a time. If Venus can't make it (we have to be realistic here) to RG, then I'd have to say that Serena has a very good chance to defend at least RG, if not more.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #5
Rae Q.

Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey you guys! It's weird for me because time after time over the last year Serena has made me totally worried about her only to see her win almost everything she entered. I know it's different now and I'm not that confident because Serena hasn't been playing much but I'm gonna have faith in our fav. I don't think she's gonna win Rome (sorry) and I'll be disappointed if she doesn't win the French (I know she's gonna totally fight to defend it) but it won't be the end of the world either because Serena's already had an awesome year.
Rae Q. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:16 PM   #6
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
Since she defended her nasdaq100open title, and after that redicicoulous loss to Henin at the Family Circle, I think that she is practicing hard and making a mends to do well at Rome. GO Serena!!!
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #7
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Hi everyone

Rae Q. You said exactly what I was thinking.. It won't be easy for Serena, cause she's not playing that much, but I know she's trainning the hardest to don't disappoint us.. But I don't know..

I have a feeling she won't defend them I seriously hope they're wrong..

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:59 AM   #8
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becool
Hi everyone

Rae Q. You said exactly what I was thinking.. It won't be easy for Serena, cause she's not playing that much, but I know she's trainning the hardest to don't disappoint us.. But I don't know..

I have a feeling she won't defend them I seriously hope they're wrong..
How isn't she playing very much? She never really plays a lot I think she's fine. She proved in Australia, that even when she's not playing WELL, she still wins [hello, Semi against Kim ]
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote