2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #76
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 European spring: The clay is more red when it's 400love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
Trying to forget that she was one match away from top 10 last year when she lost to Radwanska at RG 4th round.

If my predictions go well and Ana does win her 3rd title of the season on clay, then she'll probably re-enter top 10.
Let's hope that title will be Stuttgart

Sucide: 50 W: Baku '13
FITD Singles: 64 W: 's-Hertogenbosch '14, Quebec '14
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #77
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Let's hope that title will be Stuttgart
Well... I have kind of a theory.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali 2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #78
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Ana will arrive to Bucharest on Wednesday.
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali 2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #79
country flag rlopen

rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of

Quote:
But it's not like it is going to be easy. Cibulkova and Pennetta can be very good on clay and both have less points to defend than Ana has. I agree, Ana definitely has a chance, but it will be tough contest between her, Dominika and Flavia for spot in top 10 (Maria probably going out if she doesn't play very well). Errani is already out of top 10.
I mean, she's going to need to overcome Maria and Sara, as Cibulkova's form is very well right now. She will jump over Sara to get to 11, and she will probably have to jump over Maria to get to 10.
rlopen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #80
Ana'sProcess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlopen View Post
I mean, she's going to need to overcome Maria and Sara, as Cibulkova's form is very well right now. She will jump over Sara to get to 11, and she will probably have to jump over Maria to get to 10.
True. Not gonna be easy. Pennetta only 10 points less then Ana, so she'll need to get rid of her as well.

This would be a perfection of a clay season:

Win one title and reach SF at RG. The rest of two tournaments would be whatever in that case.
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #81
country flag nonRelativity

nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all nonRelativity is a name known to all

Ana have a great chance to pass Errani and Sharapova this clay season

A good chance to still above Pennetta

But to pass Dominica she have to win Madrid or Rome or make a RG final >>>if she did so she will pass JJ and Kerber too
nonRelativity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 01:47 AM   #82
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have some unrealistic expectations right now.. this is still the Ana who flunked IW and Miami, and played like crap in Doha and Dubai. Its great she won Monterrey.. and I always have hopes for a good clay season... but lets take it easy.. she hasn't done well in a big WTA tournament yet this year.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 01:52 AM   #83
country flag rlopen

rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
You guys have some unrealistic expectations right now.. this is still the Ana who flunked IW and Miami, and played like crap in Doha and Dubai. Its great she won Monterrey.. and I always have hopes for a good clay season... but lets take it easy.. she hasn't done well in a big WTA tournament yet this year.
Yes, but this is also the Ana who beat Serena, Venus, and Kerber, and bageled Kirsten. Sometimes you just need to focus on the positives to get yourself through. It's better to go in with a positive attitude than a bad attitude, that's the only way you can ever get through anything.
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #84
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but this is also the Ana who beat Serena, Venus, and Kerber, and bageled Kirsten. Sometimes you just need to focus on the positives to get yourself through. It's better to go in with a positive attitude than a bad attitude, that's the only way you can ever get through anything.
Well it must be a matter of preference then.. I rather be ready for whatever may be ahead and have my feet on the ground, than be too positive and feel even more disappointed when things just don't happen the way I was hoping for. I've been burned way too many times.. more than I can even count.

Hopefully Ana does go into every match with a positive attitude though.. and not the one she displayed in IW and Miami.

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #85
Ana'sProcess

Izzy, you know how this goes. We always have high hopes.
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #86
Ana'sProcess

Off topic, but Ana oficially signed up for Toray Pacific Open. Expected.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #87
Ana'sProcess

So guys, what do you expect from Stuttgart? I am not really sure, because Ana might be a bit tired from Fed Cup. She'll have only 1 day to rest (probably will play 1st match on tuesday).

Otoh, I have a strong feeling that she'll draw seed for opening round. Possibles: Jankovic, Kvitova, Sharapova, Errani.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #88
country flag Balltossovic
Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Ti be frank, I'm not expecting anything from Fed Cup ot Stuttgart. What I REALLY, really want is at least a QF at RG.

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #89
country flag rlopen

Quote:
So guys, what do you expect from Stuttgart? I am not really sure, because Ana might be a bit tired from Fed Cup. She'll have only 1 day to rest (probably will play 1st match on tuesday).

Otoh, I have a strong feeling that she'll draw seed for opening round. Possibles: Jankovic, Kvitova, Sharapova, Errani.
Ana usual consistently gets to the quarters here... even though I want her to win a title, as long as she gets to the quarters, (possibly taking down Sharapova or Errani, two of her main rivals for No. 10) I'll be fine.
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 04:44 AM   #90
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Ana usual consistently gets to the quarters here... even though I want her to win a title, as long as she gets to the quarters, (possibly taking down Sharapova or Errani, two of her main rivals for No. 10) I'll be fine.
I think last year was Ana's 1st ever QF in Stuttgart.