2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right? - Page 231 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #3451
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
The most "funny" is that it's the same for Bine too. If she was playing any event as she plays Wimbledon, she'd be a top player. That's what kinda disappointed me with her: she only cares about Wimbledon, and I'm not interested by a player who only wants to play one tournament a year.

Anyway, I don't see her beating Sharapova or Bouchard.
I also can't be supportive with Lisicki because, it becomes really obvious that she doesn't care for the rest of the season. Only wants that WB title. It's ok though, if she's the best on grass, give it to her, but I can't really find anything that would make me support that kind of player. I would not write off her chances here, but I want Maria Sharapova to win Wimbledon again. And I want it now.
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #3452
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
You DO realize that only Top 10 players make the YEC right?

Unless there's a lot of withdrawals.
Wut? I thought players inside the top 10 of the "Race to Singapore" rankings are counted?

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #3453
country flag LillaM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
but, what can you do? create a new ranking list for every month?

Anyway, I want her to earn that top 10 spot. Win Cincy or that other MM Canadian event... beat the bitch in the final in front of her home crowd, have sex with Bieber just to make her feel even worse. IDK, do something, Ana, just please get the right attitude, find some killer instinct.
I know Ana just lost but I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy
LillaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #3454
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnoticed View Post
Wut? I thought players inside the top 10 of the "Race to Singapore" rankings are counted?
You do know race rankings are the same as the official ranking by end of the year right?

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #3455
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

So proud on Ana today before rain stopped match. Probably hers career best set on grass
Quote:
And BTW, Singapore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Top 10
For Singapore Ana needs to reach TOP8, so of course TOP8 > TOP10... but real formula which should to make us sad is GS-SF >>>> TOP10, and today Ana find 3rd time this season to not use hers opportunity to reach GS SF.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #3456
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
but, what can you do? create a new ranking list for every month?

Anyway, I want her to earn that top 10 spot. Win Cincy or that other MM Canadian event... beat the bitch in the final in front of her home crowd, have sex with Bieber just to make her feel even worse. IDK, do something, Ana, just please get the right attitude, find some killer instinct.
LOL

I got your point, but I still think Ana earned that top 10 spot. It would not be unfair to see her at #10 on Monday. Girl has 3 titles in less than 6 months and some good results at premiers.

The problem is ofcourse, that she wont held it for too long if she doesn't play good in USO series, but I think she will. Lisicki is good grass player, unlike Ana who is still grass player in the making. I think she will not be too disappointed. Probably pissed of for couple of days, but she'll be ready for hard courts.
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #3457
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan James View Post
I also can't be supportive with Lisicki because, it becomes really obvious that she doesn't care for the rest of the season. Only wants that WB title. It's ok though, if she's the best on grass, give it to her, but I can't really find anything that would make me support that kind of player. I would not write off her chances here, but I want Maria Sharapova to win Wimbledon again. And I want it now.
You guess that Masha is last of my list.

I'd be delighted to see Aga, Lucie, Eugenie or Simona winning this. Aga especially would be a dream come true.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #3458
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post

But theoretically you need to be in top 8 if you want YEC, so he's right.
Quote:

Can you two please enlighten me and name one player outside of the Top 10 that was Top 8 in the race by the time the qualification to the YEC closed?
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #3459
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
You guess that Masha is last of my list.

I'd be delighted to see Aga, Lucie, Eugenie or Simona winning this. Aga especially would be a dream come true.
Radwanska probably has chances. I don't see Bouchard beating Maria. Simona plays decent on grass, but I don't think it's enough to win the title, she'll probably lose to Lisicki. Safarova would be Marion style totally.
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #3460
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
You do know race rankings are the same as the official ranking by end of the year right?
No But now, I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
So proud on Ana today before rain stopped match. Probably hers career best set on grassFor Singapore Ana needs to reach TOP8, so of course TOP8 > TOP10... but real formula which should to make us sad is GS-SF >>>> TOP10, and today Ana find 3rd time this season to not use hers opportunity to reach GS SF.
That is so impossible if she ain't making QF or SF again in a GS

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #3461
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

So glad I didn't wake up for this bullshit

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #3462
country flag dogwonder24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
So glad I didn't wake up for this bullshit
I know you're sad deep inside

Ana Ivanovic forever
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #3463
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know you're sad deep inside
Did I hope peak Ana would show up and smoke her, of course did I think it would happen, absolutely not

We'll Always Have 08

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #3464
country flag dogwonder24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
Did I hope peak Ana would show up and smoke her, of course did I think it would happen, absolutely not
The loss was not that hurtful though. This is grass, at least Ana showed up her fighting skill in the 2nd set. Not like that in the FO where she was so clueless against Lucie And Sabine is just too good on grass. And Ana clueless too, didn't know what to do in that third set.

1 month of no tennis

Ana Ivanovic forever
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #3465
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

We will get over it

We'll Always Have 08