2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right? - Page 230 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #3436
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Cibulkova deserves to be there, JJ and Ana don't. They play well outside the slams, but they are two walking byes and the best possible draw for every scrub. Serena is now in their club.
I disagree about Cibulkova. She deserved her top 10 spot in first three months, but she hasn't won like 3 matches in last couple of months. OTOH, Ana won 3 titles and played finals and SFs at premiers.

I am pissed as well, but I would give Ana that #10 spot. She is fighting for it more than 5 years. Should motivate her to be better at USO, which is her best slam now.
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #3437
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

She will probably need SF and QF at 2/4 bigger events left (Beijing, USO, Montreal and Cincy) if she wants Singapoure.

But, there is always Sofiar, right?

V. Petković Dis
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #3438
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan James View Post
I disagree about Cibulkova. She deserved her top 10 spot in first three months, but she hasn't won like 3 matches in last couple of months. OTOH, Ana won 3 titles and played finals and SFs at premiers.

I am pissed as well, but I would give Ana that #10 spot. She is fighting for it more than 5 years. Should motivate her to be better at USO, which is her best slam now.
Actually Australian Open is her best slam....
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #3439
country flag wta4rfan

wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice wta4rfan is just really nice

I think Ana has got worst possible draw starting from Round 1 and most importantly it didn't fell apart like some others pure bad luck. What ever seed she gets she gets worst draw in every Grandslam, her fate is so bad. If she haven't played Birmingham she would be in Bouchard's place then at least she would have reached Quarters I think.
wta4rfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #3440
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

She really needs to go to Singapore and play there I'm going to Singapore this October to watch the Championships, and if she isn't there, it would probably break my heart

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #3441
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Ana was really unlucky here. But you also earn your own luck. Bouchard stepped up to the plate every time she needed to beat a highly-ranked player and only lost to the eventual champion in every Slam so far.
Exactly. And she actually fought hard for every win, even when down in a set or match.. She could have easily lost to CSN at RG when down 2-5* in the first and then 1-4 in the third.. but she fought and never gave up. She could have lost to Ana at AO, a set down and 5-5 in the 2nd in her first slam QF ever.. but she kept on fighting and never gave up. She could have lost to Cornet here.. BP down at *3-4 in the 1st, 5-4* down in the first set tie break.. 3-5* down in the 2nd set, but she kept on fighting and raised her level at the key moments.. That's what got her the results, more than luck of the draw.

People can stop pretending that Ana lost to hard, clay and grass GOATs in the 3 slams so far. She didnt.. she flopped every single time when the opportunity presented itself, she melted away at the first sight of adversity, she mostly went down with a whimper. You can't do well at a slam when you lose to the first opponent that poses you a threat (okay, Ana did that only at RG and Wimbledon, AO she had a couple of good wins before flopping miserably a few points away from the SFs).

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #3442
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Absolutely. It's always like that and it's really painfull.
The most "funny" is that it's the same for Bine too. If she was playing any event as she plays Wimbledon, she'd be a top player. That's what kinda disappointed me with her: she only cares about Wimbledon, and I'm not interested by a player who only wants to play one tournament a year.

Anyway, I don't see her beating Sharapova or Bouchard.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #3443
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been telling this to you guys over and over. Getting Ana into the top 10 now isn't relevant anymore. As she will have difficult draws more and more. She needs to get back to top 13-16, and face a top 4 seed! Because the top 4 seeds today sucks bigtime! And BTW, Singapore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Top 10

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #3444
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
It's all your fault, you've always complained when she loses in 4th round.

I'm feeling the same and understand, but Ana deserves to be in top 10, that would motivate her more than anyhing at this point. Please, calm down.
Everyone knows I find 3rd and 4th round the same.. its losing early all the same.

I disagree.. don't think Ana deserves to even sniff top 10 with this kind of mentality that she has been showing time and again at every important tournament.

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #3445
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She will probably need SF and QF at 2/4 bigger events left (Beijing, USO, Montreal and Cincy) if she wants Singapoure.
Ana's best surface are hard courts. I see no reason to be pesimistic about her chances. Obviously, there is still posibility that she will fail, but she shouldn't. She must come back strong in Stanford.

Come on guys, it's not like she lost to random scrub. She lost to scrub who plays like God at Wimbledon. She was also unlucky with draws at both, RG and WB. It's not an excuse, but we should still give her credit for having decent grass season, which was not the case since 2007.
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #3446
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

but, what can you do? create a new ranking list for every month?

Anyway, I want her to earn that top 10 spot. Win Cincy or that other MM Canadian event... beat the bitch in the final in front of her home crowd, have sex with Bieber just to make her feel even worse. IDK, do something, Ana, just please get the right attitude, find some killer instinct.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #3447
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnoticed View Post
I've been telling this to you guys over and over. Getting Ana into the top 10 now isn't relevant anymore. As she will have difficult draws more and more. She needs to get back to top 13-16, and face a top 4 seed! Because the top 4 seeds today sucks bigtime! And BTW, Singapore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Top 10
You DO realize that only Top 10 players make the YEC right?

Unless there's a lot of withdrawals.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #3448
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:

But, there is always Sofiar, right?
Sofia is waiting for Ana with their arms open. At least she already qualified for that! MM queen! Ana wants to go undefeated at MM tournaments whole year... and couldn't miss Sofia!

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #3449
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

New thread:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=736538
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #3450
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
but, what can you do? create a new ranking list for every month?

Anyway, I want her to earn that top 10 spot. Win Cincy or that other MM Canadian event... beat the bitch in the final in front of her home crowd, have sex with Bieber just to make her feel even worse. IDK, do something, Ana, just please get the right attitude, find some killer instinct.
DEAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
You DO realize that only Top 10 players make the YEC right?

Unless there's a lot of withdrawals.
But theoretically you need to be in top 8 if you want YEC, so he's right.

V. Petković Dis
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote