2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right? - Page 222 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2014, 10:21 PM   #3316
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Wimbledon, silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan James View Post
Wimbledon 2014. Monday means 2nd week, right?

Ok guys, this is where I turn off. Tomorrow I have to study A LOT, so I will not have time to come here. See you on Monday. Take same rest from tennis. We need it.
You guys are

Good night, and good luck, sweets

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #3317
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

Maybe it's a good thing that the match was suspended, because hell no, Ana would have lost in straights had they continued to play At least Ana can put some practice to work on things or whatever tactics they can think of after this lost 1st set.

I think the match wasn't moved to CC, because the match of Keys and Shvedova started late too, second on their court, so what if their match couldn't finish before darkness came? (and it actually couldn't!). Had they put Ana's match on CC, then for sure the match would have finished today. And that would be unfair for Keys and Shvedova Also because of the crowd, I mean, come on, the price for the ticket is not cheap, hundreds of them even had to camp and queue overnight just to purchase these tickets, and now all they got to see was ONE match? They had to wait all day long too. It would have been ridiculous had they moved Ana's match to CC, cause then the crowd in CC would be able to watch FOUR matches. That was unfair for the C1 crowd

Anw, Ana is in the 2nd week of Wimbledon again
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #3318
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillaM View Post
It just felt like she was pissed at the whole situation from the beginning and her attitude was wrong the second she stepped onto court

There wasn't a lot of fighting spirit in her today
I also thought Ana looked pissed off from first point.. as if she didnt agree with what they were doing with the match, court and time wise. And that was already recipe for disaster.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #3319
country flag LillaM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute LillaM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I also thought Ana looked pissed off from first point.. as if she didnt agree with what they were doing with the match, court and time wise. And that was already recipe for disaster.
That gives me a bit of hope for monday !

Also ...From interviews and stuff Ana seems to be a morning person during the season ,

so with a match that's supposed to start around 1/2 pm, she was probably up way early...

maybe that explains the attitude an lack of concentration

Tweety eschange with Flipper from a few days ago :

Quote:
Kirsten Flipkens ‏@FlipperKF Jun 25

@AnaIvanovic going to beD you mean But i understand.. u r tired.. not your time 😂 except if its Doha 😉

Kirsten Flipkens ‏@FlipperKF Jun 25

@AnaIvanovic haha 😂 I hope you can sleep longer than 7am this time 🙈
LillaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #3320
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe Lamechard got the 1st match on CC on Monday. I really hope Alize will take her out.

Ana will play first match on Court 1, good luck Ana, give your best to make a comeback.

V. Petković Dis
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 01:17 AM   #3321
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
Just because you're opponent is hitting bigger serves and more winners doesn't mean you are playing poorly. Five of those winners are aces and she won at least what? Five drop shots? if anyone tells me that Ana didn't play GREAT defense in this match, I'll eat my hat!
Plus, she was very aggressive on a lot of returns, I think Sabine was just too good at some points.

It's fine to disagree with me I don't think Ana played badly and nothing you say will change that. You think Ana played terribly, and nothing I say will change that.

So, we leave it at that
I also think she played a bad set. She can play SO MUCH better than this. What she did on those drop shot was really dumb, but even apart from that she wasn't using her chances. Compared to other tournaments, her level on RG and Wimbledon was really low. No confidence, too much pressure she puts on herself. If this was a good performance, then IDK, it means that future is pretty dark and I believe that she can play much, much, much better.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 01:21 AM   #3322
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I also think she played a bad set. She can play SO MUCH better than this. What she did on those drop shot was really dumb, but even apart from that she wasn't using her chances. Compared to other tournaments, her level on RG and Wimbledon was really low. No confidence, too much pressure she puts on herself. If this was a good performance, then IDK, it means that future is pretty dark and I believe that she can play much, much, much better.
Completely agree with you Tanja. If this is to be seen as even remotely decent, then the future is bleak.

Old Jun 29th, 2014, 01:31 AM   #3323
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Sabine wasn't even untouchable on serve, Ana really messed that set up with passive play at times and some stupid errors at others. Not happy with her.

After that sarcastic tweet she posted about her ranking going up to #11 I thought she'd have wanted this enough to realise that she needs to come out swinging in these big matches to progress I really hope she puts the next day with Kontic to good use, and I sure as hell hope that she isn't thinking about the draw now that Serena lost.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #3324
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute
What is this shitfest going on

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 01:55 AM   #3325
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

We're just discussing this performance.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #3326
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute
Will Ana even bounce back from a one set deficit to make it a third and beat Sabine?

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 02:14 AM   #3327
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnoticed View Post
Will Ana even bounce back from a one set deficit to make it a third and beat Sabine?

If she plays like this, no. If she finds some of her Birmingham form, then she'll play a SF.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 02:15 AM   #3328
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really confused, has this match started

People are talking about a set but the app isn't saying anything and there is no thread

Titles 2014- Sharapova (STU-FO-MAD-BEI) Ivanovic (AUK-MOT-BIR-TOK) Kvitova (NH-WIM-WUH) Petkovic (CHA-BAD) Pennetta (IW) Venus (DUB) Keys (EAS) Kuznetsova (WDC) Wozniacki (IST) Cibulkova (ACA) Lisicki (HK) Makarova (PAT) Nara (RIO) Svitolina (BAK) Beck (LUX)

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 02:16 AM   #3329
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen V. View Post

People are talking about a set but the app isn't saying anything and there is no thread
The match was interrupted at Lisicki leading 6-4 1-1.

Back on monday 1st up 1pm Court 1.

Old Jun 29th, 2014, 02:16 AM   #3330
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen V. View Post

Ana is currently down 4-6 and tied 1-1 in the second set. The match is to be completed on Monday.

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote