Did Jolene Watanabe retire? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 11:05 AM   #1
Valda Lake

Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all
Did Jolene Watanabe retire?

I've just read all of the commitment threads and I didn't see her name...She must have played over 25 Challengers last year (I think most every one in the USA)...I know she's getting up there in age...does anybody know if she retired? Thanks!
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 11:34 AM   #2
jas

jas is an unknown quantity at this point
...ummm...Valda...what exactly do you mean by...."getting UP THERE in age"...??!!!!!!!!!!!!
jas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2002, 03:51 PM   #3
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Yes, unfortunately she did retire late last year.
At the age of 32.

Pretty reasonable career reaching the Top 75 and also a win over Jennifer Capriati.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:48 PM   #4
Valda Lake

Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all
Thanks Luke! I'm sorry to hear that though...I am always a fan of longevity and Jolene was a real trooper even up til the end!

Hey danker...you are the only senior player who didnt renew at Brian's game...too busy?

Thanks again! I am grateful for know-it-alls like you and Jorn!!!
Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:11 PM   #5
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Hi Valda,

I was on holidays for a month and I was unable to check my email regularly.
Therefore, I missed out on renewing Brian's game.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote