Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 17 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #136
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 17

She's not going to win these Premier or higher titles by just pushing. I expect just a repeat of last year's clay season tbh, probably a little worse
Potato is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #137
country flag fed_up

fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future

Shameful. Bouchard played like crap (it's not that she ever plays amazing since she moves sooo bad) and still got an easy victory. In the third set JJ looked like Lisicki yesterday. No fucks were given. Errors after 1-2 exchanges, ball always redirected to Bouchard with the court wide open, zero point construction (which is difficult to do since she barely kept the ball in play). Horrid match, terrible quality overall.
fed_up is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #138
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what JJ is thinking by pushing like that. It might've worked against barely top 100 players, but not someone like Bouchard.

Honestly, this season has been worse than last year so far. It started great but now she failed the first 2 big tests, Miami and Charleston, playing really horrid tennis.

I thought she might snag a title or two if the draws opened up (like it did here ), but her fight and desire fluctuates so much, it's so frustrating as a fan.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #139
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Was Bouchard aggressive? Nothing disappoints me more than seeing bashing on a clay court. I like Ajla T a lot but seeing her BB on a clay court is so ugly. I'm hearing EB was really aggressive and it makes me sad that she's in a SF of. Premier event playing hard court tennis on a clay court. Like Serena vs. Pova at last year's RG final. Nothing but huge bashing. I don't like it.

OTOH you play to win tournaments and unfortunately you can beat Venus Williams and JJ playing like that.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #140
country flag fed_up

fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future fed_up has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
I don't know what JJ is thinking by pushing like that. It might've worked against barely top 100 players, but not someone like Bouchard.

Honestly, this season has been worse than last year so far. It started great but now she failed the first 2 big tests, Miami and Charleston, playing really horrid tennis.

I thought she might snag a title or two if the draws opened up (like it did here ), but her fight and desire fluctuates so much, it's so frustrating as a fan.
I don't think she's thinking at all.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #141
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Why does she ALWAYS do this? I mean Jesus Christ anyone else would've jumped for joy at a chance to win this. You can't even get her to care enough to beat 3 teenagers. It's a dream draw.

Jelena will continue to struggle against Bouchard until she retires sadly. She won't beat players like her anymore and it's too hard to move past it.

She could've been in the Doubles SF too if she wasn't so retarded on a doubles court

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #142
country flag fed_up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
Was Bouchard aggressive? Nothing disappoints me more than seeing bashing on a clay court. I like Ajla T a lot but seeing her BB on a clay court is so ugly. I'm hearing EB was really aggressive and it makes me sad that she's in a SF of. Premier event playing hard court tennis on a clay court. Like Serena vs. Pova at last year's RG final. Nothing but huge bashing. I don't like it.

OTOH you play to win tournaments and unfortunately you can beat Venus Williams and JJ playing like that.

JJ was spraying errors left and right. Bouchard made sooo many easy errors, yet the result was NID. It just was a low quality match. Worse than Venus- Bouchard yesterday.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #143
country flag Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post

Well, you always have to be aggressive, no matter what the surface. (Which is why JJ never wins important matches) Genie deserved the win. She actually went for her shots, and JJ just waited for her to hand over the match. The last two games Genie was going for her shots and JJ was more than happy just to push them back into the court.

It's not like Venus or JJ are huge scalps anymore

I'm really sad about this result. She played so well in Doha and Brisbane and now she's slowly just disappearing. Winning Charleston would've been such a huge confidence booster. I don't even think she's going to win Bogota.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #144
country flag Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_up View Post
JJ was spraying errors left and right. Bouchard made sooo many easy errors, yet the result was NID. It just was a low quality match. Worse than Venus- Bouchard yesterday.
It was kind of late 2011 level from JJ. not as bad as 2012 though.

i really thought JJ would have a great season this year. In the first 5 tournaments of the year, JJ lost to players we all expected her to... (Makarova really was NID tbh). And now these last 3 tournaments have been really disappointing.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #145
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
I'm really sad about this result. She played so well in Doha and Brisbane and now she's slowly just disappearing. Winning Charleston would've been such a huge confidence booster. I don't even think she's going to win Bogota.
I think she was lucky to be ranked so low she'd have to play Dubai qualies last year so she chose Bogota instead. It's so hard to get over the fact she won't ever be the player she was to win any tournament.

I've just already assumed she won't win another tournament again, and if she does then it'll be a bonus. Do any of us here truly believe she will win a Slam? It's even hard for me to imagine it in my brain.

It's hard to be so negative since she's shows good tennis this year, but at the start of every tournament the first thing I instinctively do is check to see her draw and who she will fuck it up against, and not who she'll have to dig deep and beat to win the tournament.

I can guarantee you if she makes the Bogota final, she'd lose to Sloane Stephens. She almost lost to Knapp FFS...

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #146
country flag Potato

Also, does anyone have the stats at the end?
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #147
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

alcohol is my friend

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #148
country flag Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetJJ View Post
alcohol is my friend
over a JJ loss?? we all deserve a good result from JJ, we suffer so much for her
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #149
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
This is getting really old .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #150
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
At this rate she'll manage to lose to Scone in Bogotá .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread