Hopefully articles like this will fire Serena and Venus up - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2003, 04:58 PM   #1
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
Hopefully articles like this will fire Serena and Venus up

I dont mean to be rude, but I hope Serena shuts this woman up real well next time they meet.

Henin-Hardenne hammers out Williams warning

BERLIN (AFP) - Justine Henin-Hardenne began the defence of her German Open title with an emphatic win, a place in the last 16, and a warning to the Williams sisters.

The second-seeded Belgian coped with increasing certainty against the challenge of the 20-year-old Czech, Daja Bedanova, and after a 6-4, 6-1 success Henin felt confident enough to make optimistic predictions.

"I think that things may be going to change a little," she said.

"I beat Serena Williams for the first time this year, and although she's a great opponent, when she comes back I will be ready."

Henin's victory over Serena took place last month at in Charleston, after which the world number one announced her withdrawal from this week's German Open.

A further disappointment came when Venus Williams, the elder sister, also withdrew here after injuring stomach muscles in the Warsaw final on Sunday - but Henin was not prepared to acknowledge it as such.

"I am more concerned with what I am trying to do," she said.

"I feel great physically and mentally. I have never worked so hard before, and I worked so hard that sometimes I was crying. I am only 20 and there are many ways for me to get better."

Henin and the Williams sisters cannot meet up until next week's Masters in Rome, where Serena returns to action, but she is determined to build up some clay court momentum.

Her possible third round opponent is Patty Schyder, the 15th seed from Switzerland, who survived a long three-set match with another Belgian, Els Callens, but is a round behind.

However, seeds have already started to fall.

Chanda Rubin, the number six from the United States, found the creative mixture of left-handed spins from the Spaniard, Magui Serna, too difficult to handle and lost in the second round by 7-5, 6-3.

Magdalena Maleeva, the number 11 from Bulgaria, was outlasted by Denisa Chladkova of the Czech Republic and went down 6-7 (1/7), 6-4, 6-4 in the first round.

The opening day had already seen the defeat of Ai Sugiyama, the 13th seed from Japan, and Elena Dementieva, the Russian 10th seed.

Two others had narrow escapes on Tuesday.

Meghann Shaughnessy, the number 14 seed from the United States needed two double faults in the final game from Iva Majoli, the former French Open champion from Croatia before winning 7-6 (7/3), 3-6, 6-4 in the first round, while Daniela Hantuchova, the number seven from Slovakia, had to fight hard before quelling the second round challenge of Barbara Schett, the former top ten player from Austria 6-3, 4-6, 6-4.

Hantuchova also hit her right knee with the handle of her racket while attempting a sliced backhand to a bad bounce, and needed several minutes of on-court treatment.

She complained that the knock was getting more and more painful after the match, and her chances of further progress may depend on the condition of the knee when she wakes up in the morning.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2003, 08:25 PM   #2
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Who's this bitch to say such thing?

Serena will shut this dwarf's mouth very soon! I hope they both play in Rome finals, then Serena can answer her and show her that she's not number one for nothing..

She might be ready, but Serena will be too... And when Serena's ready, no one is match for her... So Justine shouldn't be concerned only about she's going to do, but also about playing Serena..

I bet this article, Serena should have known about this, and she'll be certainly looking for revenge.. I can't wait to see this match happening..

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:16 AM   #3
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future
I'm sorry but what did Justine say that made you so mad?

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #4
Rae Q.

Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset
I'm sorry but what did Justine say that made you so mad?
Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. I think good for Justine that she's confident because beating Serena at other tournaments is a lot different from beating our fav at the French Open. I hope they meet so Serena can get revenge.
Rae Q. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:08 AM   #5
player2

player2 is an unknown quantity at this point player2 is an unknown quantity at this point
chill

[quote=Becool]Who's this bitch to say such thing?

Serena will shut this dwarf's mouth very soon! I hope they both play in Rome finals, then Serena can answer her and show her that she's not number one for nothing..

Serena does not need fans like you! Man, calm down.
You sound angry and hostile.
Don't talk like a fool!
I have no problem with you criticizing Henin's remarks
but try to do so without the sledge hammer.
This is a forum for people who love tennis.
Put the hate-bait away and relax.
player2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote