Nadia Podoroska cheering thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Nadia Podoroska cheering thread

Nadia won her second pro tournament this week and I think it's about time she gets her own thread.

She was born in Rosario on February 10th, 1997, the granddaugther of Ukranian-born immigrants. She's a right hander who usually plays on clay, though her explosive game is extremely well suited for hard courts.

Her first WTA point came in a $10.000 tournament in Concepción, Chile, back when she was only 14 years and 9 months old -making her the third youngest player from Argentina to obtain WTA points behind none other than Gabriela Sabatini and Gisela Dulko-.

Her big breakthrough came in a $25.000 tournament played in her hometown where she managed to get to the QF by beating María Irigoyen, then ranked in the top 200. I was lucky enough to watch that match live and wrote a report on it here at Tennisforum, which you can find here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....1&postcount=47

She had a couple of minor injuries that kept her sidelined for some months and stagnated her rise in the rankings for the following months, not making much progress in that area in 2013. She did, however, manage to win her first pro title at Santiago in November, beating local Cecilia Costa-Melgar in the final after a strange retirement with the player from Chile actually leading 5-3 in the third set before calling it quits.

Now she won her second tournament -a $10K, as well- in Lima, beating former top 100 Anastasia Pivovarova in the SF and will be ranked near the 550th position in the new rankings.

I read somewhere that her goal is to make it to the top 500 before Roland Garros, which would allow her to play the qualies of the Junior Grand Slams.

She's been coached by Carlos Rampello since she was a kid, and has been a hitting partner for the Fed Cup team, which acknowledges her as one of its future stars.

Here's to a great year for Nadia and many more wins to come

Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #2
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nadia Podoroska cheering thread

Congrats for the title Nadia .

I know is step by step but I would like her to play some tournaments in Europe, the last time she was injuried there. But it is okey to earn her first points in South America and then try to play in Europe with a better ranking.

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #3
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

Great idea, Nico!
I guess that if she makes to RG qualies she'll stay in Europe to play some pro tournaments in June.
Juarito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 12:39 AM   #4
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

$10,000 Lima F3

First round:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) v (wc)Mariana Demichelli Vergara (PER)

Doubles, first round:

Erin Clark/Stephanie Kent (USA/USA)(3) v Carla Lucero/Nadia Podoroska (ARG/ARG)
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 12:41 AM   #5
country flag Zenith.

Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute

She seems to have a nice game from what I heard Congrats on the title and good luck this week
Zenith. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 11:44 AM   #6

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a picture of her first doubles title in the ITF Circuit, played with Piai, it was a 10k on red clay in Brazil.

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:31 AM   #7
country flag Tripp

$10,000 Lima F3

First round:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. (wc)Mariana Demichelli Vergara (PER) 6-1 6-0

Second round:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) v (q)Berta Bonardi (ARG)

Nadia and Carla withdrew from the doubles draw. Carla did play her first round match -and lost- so no idea who's the injured one.
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 02:25 AM   #8
country flag Tripp

$10,000 Lima F3

Second round:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. (q)Berta Bonardi (ARG) 6-0 6-4

QF:

(1)Yana Sizikova (RUS) v. (6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG)
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:21 PM   #9
country flag Tripp

QF:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. (1)Yana Sizikova (RUS) 7-5 6-2

SF:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) v Stephanie Mariel Petit (ARG)

Last edited by Tripp : Apr 4th, 2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:31 PM   #10
country flag F4CU

F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of

great win Nadia
Doubles Titles: WTA Stanford´13(w/Martn7) CH Merida-Andrezieux´14(w/*Jean*) WTA New Haven´14(w/Kirilenko-Fan) CH Suzhou-Bogota-Santiago´14 (w/Milan.)
F4CU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #11
country flag Tripp

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. Stephanie Mariel Petit (ARG) 6-2 6-4

Final will be vs either Aranza Salut or Csilla Argelyan.

This win puts her around #519. If she wins the tournament she'll achieve her goal of reaching top 500 before Roland Garros
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #12

Hope she can take the title
Good luck!

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 03:42 AM   #13
country flag VamosArgentina

VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light

Nadia juega con Argyelan in the final. Honestly I think she can make US Open qualies if she keeps playing this way
VamosArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #14
country flag Tripp

$10,000 Lima F3

First round:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. (wc)Mariana Demichelli Vergara (PER) 6-1 6-0

Second round:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. (q)Berta Bonardi (ARG) 6-0 6-4

QF:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. (1)Yana Sizikova (RUS) 7-5 6-2

SF:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. Stephanie Mariel Petit (ARG) 6-2 6-4

Final:

(6)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) d. Csilla Argyelan (HUN) 6-2 6-4

Segundo título consecutivo para Nadia sin perder un set y top 500 dentro de dos semanas

¡Felicitaciones! Estaba 5-0 arriba en la final y casi casi se le escapa
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #15
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

Ya tiene asegurada la Qualy de RG junior!
Juarito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote