Sarah Borwell & Amanda Janes - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2003, 10:15 PM   #1
country flag Pdm1987

Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of
Question Sarah Borwell & Amanda Janes

Realistically, by the end of the season where do you think that these 2 British tennis girls will see their singles (and doubles) rankings? Both are on the way up but how far up the rankings ladder will they be come the end of December?

Current Rankings;
Sarah Borwell: 427 with 36.50 points
Amanda Janes: 626 with 15.75 points (and going up after Bournemouth )
Pdm1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2003, 02:02 AM   #2
country flag JoeyWinson3.0

JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice JoeyWinson3.0 is just really nice
I apologise in teh debts of my ignorance but...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

http://www.belpertownfc.co.uk
JoeyWinson3.0 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:12 PM   #3
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Sarah i'd say top 300 but the was shes played her last events she may not move much

Amanda will be top 400 for sure i remember 2 years ago when she pre qualified for wimbledon then won a match in quallies.She needs to step it up and beat players higher than her now.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:52 PM   #4
country flag Palicot
Registered 1

Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice
Sarah's last few tournaments have been on clay, hopefully she will have a good draw at Surbiton and win some matches, same with Amanda.

I hope one or both will get a wild card for Birmingham.
Palicot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2003, 01:10 AM   #5
england_rules

Borwell could end the year around 325 I think while Janes could end the year around 375!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:07 AM   #6
country flag danra

danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all
Hope they both get to play Wimbledon qualies...
danra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:16 PM   #7

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Is Sarah coming over for the grass court season?

I'd heard she wasn't or was that Jo Moore?

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old May 8th, 2003, 07:04 PM   #8
country flag Pdm1987

Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of
Apparently it was Jo Moore who refuses to come and play tournaments so hopefully both Amanda & Sarah will get Wimbledon Qualifying Wildcards. I think that Sarah will be insane if she decides not to partcipate in the British grass court season!!!! But I'm sure and hoping she will

I think that it may have benefitted Amanda's ranking if she had entered the same Aussie tournaments as Sarah earlier in the year. Anyway she seems to be having better luck than Sarah on clay!
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #9

Well roughly Amanda should climb to 544 after edinbrough.If she beats Karen about 538.

Karen looks like she'll cilm to around 555 if she beats amanda around 548.

Its good to see these 2 moving up the rankings!

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old May 9th, 2003, 02:33 PM   #10
country flag Pdm1987

Go Amanda
Old May 9th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #11
country flag Palicot
Registered 1

Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice Palicot is just really nice
Sarah is on the commitments list for Surbiton.
Palicot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2003, 05:06 AM   #12
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
what sort of games do they have?
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2003, 11:08 AM   #13
country flag danra

danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all
Far as I remember from seeing Janes a few years back - a pretty useful serve, with good volleys and slightly suspect groundstrokes (though obv improved given recent exploits on clay), and with Borwell - never seen her play - but have read that has a decent serve with a great forehand.
danra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:20 PM   #14
country flag Pdm1987

Well they've both had brilliant starts to the grass court season! In Surbiton qualies frist round they both lost. Sarah lost 6-0 6-2 to Kristini Brandi (1) and Amanda lost 1-6 6-3 6-4 to Lilia Osterloh. Not a bad showing from Amanda and I'm sure that if she gets a wildcard for Birmongham she'll be better prepared for higher ranked opposition on grass I just wish she'd be able to win these tight 3 set matches against higher ranked players
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 02:24 PM   #15
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute
thats a very bad loos for Amanda, Lilia has been nowhere for teh past few months. She shoulda closed it out.

Not surprsied by Sarah's loss, Kristina is a brilliant grass court player.

Hopefully Amanda can re-group for either B'ham qualies or wimbledon pre-qualies.
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote