Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #1
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

why doesn't she have a forum/thread of her own? she is one of the highest ranked americans. and she has played well this year. players ranked lower than her get there own ones so why shouldn't lisa?

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2014, 09:22 PM   #2
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

volume 1
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 09:32 PM   #3
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

(1) Hsieh/Peng v Date-Krumm/Zahlavova Strycova
Medina Garrigues/Shvedova v Babos/Jankovic
(wc) Cirstea/Pavlyuchenkova v Rosolska/Soler-Espinosa
(wc) Hingis/Lisicki v (6) Hlavackova/Safarova

(4) Peschke/Srebotnik v Kuznetsova/Stosur
Jurak/Lucic-Baroni v Hantuchova/Parra Santonja
Kalashnikova/Kleybanova v Chuang/Scheepers
Chan/Chan v (5) Black/Mirza

(8) Kops-Jones/Spears v Mladenovic/Pennetta
Huber/Raymond v King/Zheng
(wc) Flipkens/Ivanovic v Husarova/Melzer
(wc) Muguruza/Suarez Navarro v (3) Errani/Vinci

(7) Barty/Dellacqua v Kudryavtseva/Rodionova
Niculescu/Zakopalova v Mattek-Sands/Petrova
Hradecka/Krajicek v Goerges/Groenefeld
Erakovic/Martic v (2) Makarova/Vesnina

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #4
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

I sort of like that she's back with Huber At least it's someone familiar and a partner she's had success with in the past
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM   #5
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

They lost 76 76 to King/Zheng. They led 5-2 in the first set and served for the second set as well. So disappointing.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 12:21 PM   #6

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

This is very frustrating as Tennis Channel accidentally put that they won 7/6 7/6 on their bottom screen scroll

Hopefully she'll play Charleston to get some extra pts
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 01:19 PM   #7
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
This is very frustrating as Tennis Channel accidentally put that they won 7/6 7/6 on their bottom screen scroll

Hopefully she'll play Charleston to get some extra pts
I'm sure Lisa will play Charleston because she has points to defend there, and while I'm not a huge fan of Liezel, I hope they stick together. At least they share the same focus, and I think they could still be a force to be reckoned with on grass.

Just annoying they couldn't convert their chances yesterday. They would have faced Kops-Jones/Spears in R2 and it's not like they can blow you off-court. Ah well, onto the next one...

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I'm sure Lisa will play Charleston because she has points to defend there, and while I'm not a huge fan of Liezel, I hope they stick together. At least they share the same focus, and I think they could still be a force to be reckoned with on grass.

Just annoying they couldn't convert their chances yesterday. They would have faced Kops-Jones/Spears in R2 and it's not like they can blow you off-court. Ah well, onto the next one...
Same here, although i do not hate her like most of GM I think it's best at the moment for Lisa to have some familiarity on her end of the court. I feel that once they get their chemistry flowing again that Lisa & Liz could still be slam contenders with the right draw
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM   #9
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Same here, although i do not hate her like most of GM I think it's best at the moment for Lisa to have some familiarity on her end of the court. I feel that once they get their chemistry flowing again that Lisa & Liz could still be slam contenders with the right draw
I have softened to Huber a lot over the past few years. I was never a fan of Black/Huber because they were so po-faced and dour (it clearly worked for them though!) but I think Liezel has lightened up a lot recently, especially since she became a mother. I've also liked Cara much more since the split too.

I was taken aback by how warm the handshake was between Huber and the WS in Beijing last year! I've always thought there was some friction between them.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 11:58 AM   #10
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

Lisa and Liezel get JJ/Petko in the first round. Who knows what to expect from JJ/Petko, could be a hot mess or brilliant! Hopefully Lisa/Liezel can get a few wins here and get on track for the grass court season.

Last edited by TennisFan75 : Mar 31st, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
TennisFan75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 03:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I have softened to Huber a lot over the past few years. I was never a fan of Black/Huber because they were so po-faced and dour (it clearly worked for them though!) but I think Liezel has lightened up a lot recently, especially since she became a mother. I've also liked Cara much more since the split too.

I was taken aback by how warm the handshake was between Huber and the WS in Beijing last year! I've always thought there was some friction between them.
Maybe Liz has mellowed since becoming a mom
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 03:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan75 View Post
Lisa and Liezel get JJ/Petko in the first round. Who knows what to expect from JJ/Petko, could be a hot mess or brilliant! Hopefully Lisa/Liezel can get a few wins here and get on track for the grass court season.
Yeah, i really don't know what to expect with the team of Petko and JJ either . Hopefully they can scalp a win and set up a possible 2r match vs Rocky and Abi

Btw, Lisa's ranking fell this week from #31 - #44
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 11:31 PM   #13
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

They lost in the STB
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 11:46 PM   #14

Lisa Her ranking may fall out of the Top 50 :-/
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:55 PM   #15
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

sad times Hopefully some momentum soon. This is reminiscent of their 2011 start, maybe they should head to Brussels again this time as that was the first place they won a match. Hopefully it won't take another month without a win.