Players of 2014 so far: Li, Radwanska, Halep, Cibulkova, Pennetta, Jankovic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:15 AM   #1
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
Players of 2014 so far: Li, Radwanska, Halep, Cibulkova, Pennetta, Jankovic

Who'd have thunk it?

With Serena subpar thus far, and Maria and Vika yet to muster any semi-decent form, a handful of ladies are stepping up to fill the void. And many are from the older age bracket.

Bouchard... who else?

How quickly the "Big 3" lost their stability Will be interesting to see what form and motivation Serena brings in Miami. And if Maria and Vika can pick up steam by the French Open.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:17 AM   #2
country flag Lionseye

Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light Lionseye is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Players of 2014 so far: Li, Radwanska, Halep, Cibulkova, Pennetta, Jankovic

couldnt agree more
Lionseye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:20 AM   #3
country flag adrian_106

adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold

Do we consider Maria as big 3? Yes she has a decent clay season last year but since then She is getting out top 8 soon and top 10 before Roland Garros

GOATova She Won Wuhan for BFF Li Na! :adore:
- 2011 Wimbledon, Year-end Championship, Fed Cup, 2014 Wimbledon -

Medical Timeoutivanovic
- 2008 French Open -
adrian_106 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:21 AM   #4
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I think Venus should get at least on honorable mention. Her title was one of the best stories of 2014 on the WTA.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:25 AM   #5
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I think Venus should get at least on honorable mention. Her title was one of the best stories of 2014 on the WTA.
True but R1 at the Aussie. I love Venus; hope she can keep building momentum at Miami and beyond.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:31 AM   #6
country flag Chaesaw

Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of

Peng Hsieh 101 for doubles.
Chaesaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:38 AM   #7
country flag Kiki4Ever

Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future

Li, Radwanska, Halep, Cibulkova, Pennetta, Jankovic ????

what titles have Aga, Pennetta, JJ, won in 2014?

..And what members of the big 3 have lost their stability? Do you mean title-less or what? Serena has a title, Aga, Vika, & Maria don't

It's just too early to jump into conclusions about 2014 & make such threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
And This!
Kiki4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:50 AM   #8
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki4Ever View Post
Li, Radwanska, Halep, Cibulkova, Pennetta, Jankovic ????

what titles have Aga, Pennetta, JJ, won in 2014?

..And what members of the big 3 have lost their stability? Do you mean title-less or what? Serena has a title, Aga, Vika, & Maria don't

It's just too early to jump into conclusions about 2014 & make such threads

And This!
That's why the title of the thread has the words "so far" in it. Do you know what those words mean?
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #9
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all are lucky Jankovic flopped mentally so many times this year already.

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #10
country flag Lucyxx

Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute

Cibulkova surprised me at AO.

Li has been the 2nd best player according to my ranking and WTA official.

Pennetta isn't a POTY yet. Just takes advantage of her draw. Doesn't follow through in the huge matches. (Finals, SFs, Slams)

I nominate JJ, Li, Domi as the top 3. Serena will bounce back on American HC swing as will both Mashas.
aif.ru/news khl.ru ria.ru wtatour.ru rsport.ru soccer.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv flashscore.com tagesschau.de spiegel.de elperiodico.com/es elmundo.es akualne.centrum.cz/zpravy foglio.it iltempo.it humanite.fr sofascore.com korrespondent.net novostimira.com.ua gazeta.pl tvn24.pl ynet.co.il calcalist.co.il lajmpress.com lajmonline.com yasater.d1g.com bbc.co.uk/arabic a1plus.am/am nn.by xezerxeber.com dr.dk/nyheder mediafax.ro n-telegraaf.nl delfi.ee yle.fi/uutiset javanonline.ir kurir-info.rs erdiujsag.com mbl.is/frettir
nepszava.hu beo.ie vaterland.li gazzetta.gr ekspress.ee ed.nl
Lucyxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 05:20 AM   #11
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyxx View Post
Cibulkova surprised me at AO.

Li has been the 2nd best player according to my ranking and WTA official.

Pennetta isn't a POTY yet. Just takes advantage of her draw. Doesn't follow through in the huge matches. (Finals, SFs, Slams)

I nominate JJ, Li, Domi as the top 3. Serena will bounce back on American HC swing as will both Mashas.
Li, Halep, and Domi are the top 3 for me. Li did win the AO. Domi got to the AO final and won Acapulco. And Halep has backed up her 2013 season with great results at the biggest tournmanets. AO QF, Doha champion, IW SF.

JJ hasn't even made a final. I wouldn't consider her on par with the other 3.

And Sharapova is not bouncing back with her erratic serving and spraying errors everywhere. Serena will because she's not in nearly as bad of shape. She did win a title, and is basically where she was last year.
phantomplayer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #12
country flag Lucyxx

Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute

Now looking back on the Li/Wozniak match - Li was 20/36 W/UE. Not strong, but got the job done. (6-1, 6-4)

I think Sharapova needs to rethink her game. Her tactic against Giorgi was too aggressive against service.
aif.ru/news khl.ru ria.ru wtatour.ru rsport.ru soccer.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv flashscore.com tagesschau.de spiegel.de elperiodico.com/es elmundo.es akualne.centrum.cz/zpravy foglio.it iltempo.it humanite.fr sofascore.com korrespondent.net novostimira.com.ua gazeta.pl tvn24.pl ynet.co.il calcalist.co.il lajmpress.com lajmonline.com yasater.d1g.com bbc.co.uk/arabic a1plus.am/am nn.by xezerxeber.com dr.dk/nyheder mediafax.ro n-telegraaf.nl delfi.ee yle.fi/uutiset javanonline.ir kurir-info.rs erdiujsag.com mbl.is/frettir
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #13
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyxx View Post
Now looking back on the Li/Wozniak match - Li was 20/36 W/UE. Not strong, but got the job done. (6-1, 6-4)

I think Sharapova needs to rethink her game. Her tactic against Giorgi was too aggressive against service.
Li choked up in that final game. Needed 11 MPs, and DFed on 4 of them and was 40-0 up.

Sharapova does need to rethink her game, but she won't. She possesses no Plan B. And that's benefitted her for most of her career. But now, it's becoming a crutch. She can't blow many players off the court anymore. And if a player can match her power, and move her around, they have a great chance to win.
phantomplayer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #14
country flag Lucyxx

There aren't many players that can match her power in today's game. That's why she will remain in the top 10 the remainder of her career barring injury.

She either needs a Serena serve or something similar from the ground if she wants to be #1 again.

You should see Kirilenko from third quarter last year onward. She has the potential to become top 10 IMO.
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 05:35 AM   #15
country flag Lucyxx

Bouchard doesn't do anything flashy, but does everything flashy at the same time. Ekes out the close matches.

If Eugenie was two or three inches taller, I'd say she should be top 5 potential.

On power rankings, she lost to Garcia (albeit in three sets) as well as a couple other head scratchers so she would be outside the top 10 at the moment.

Bethanie Mattek-Sands is her least favorite player. 0-2 against her this year.