SEC tennis ... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #31
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice
Re: SEC tennis ...

Still its very deceptive because some of the matches shown in the link, ( A&M vs Baylor), was on ESPN3 yet isn't in bold.
Bigmanserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:26 AM   #32
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Looking forward to the SEC tournament this year. Seems to be good parity among: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Vanderbilt.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #33
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't forget last year's NCAA runner up Texas A&M.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #34
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Don't forget last year's NCAA runner up Texas A&M.
True. Although I don't consider them threats to the 4 teams I mentioned (although they did beat Vandy in early March, I think Vandy would win if they played again). TAMU got shut out by Florida and Georgia, and lost 4-1 to Alabama. 5 teams in the top 10 though...very impressive!
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #35
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
True. Although I don't consider them threats to the 4 teams I mentioned (although they did beat Vandy in early March, I think Vandy would win if they played again). TAMU got shut out by Florida and Georgia, and lost 4-1 to Alabama. 5 teams in the top 10 though...very impressive!
It is a bit surprising to me that this group has been so even. All of the matches between these teams have been won by the home team. Georgia has the good fortune of playing 3 of 4 at home and that will likely be the difference in securing the regular season title (conversely A&M is the only team to have to play 3 of 4 away). The SEC tournament at an effectively neutral site should be more telling.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #36
country flag Amalgamate

Alabama takes a surprising doubles point over Georgia with 8-3 wins at #1 and #3.

Florida blanks Vanderbilt 4-0 winning three easy singles matches at #1, #3, and #5 (Morgan, Cercone, and Keegan) after a tight doubles point. Remaining singles matches were all in the early stages of the third set. Should be noted that Vanderbilt was without Sellyn who has played #1 for much of the season. I believe she twisted her ankle last much.

Last edited by Amalgamate : Apr 11th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #37
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Wow Bama beats GA 4-3. came down to court 6.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #38
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Wow Bama beats GA 4-3. came down to court 6.
Surprising loss from from Georgia. They came out really strong in singles. Mia was up a set annd 4-2. Credit to Bama though, making that sort of comeback at UGA is very hard to do. SEC continues to be exciting.
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 04:16 AM   #39
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Surprising loss from from Georgia. They came out really strong in singles. Mia was up a set annd 4-2. Credit to Bama though, making that sort of comeback at UGA is very hard to do. SEC continues to be exciting.
this means bama wins the regular SEC champs, if they beat TN, which they should on sunday.

i wish i could make it to SEC tourney this year in Missouri. looks like will be one of the very exciting SEC tourneys in recent years where no one is a clear fav.

I am putting $$ on my girls tho.
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #40
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Alabama swept Tennessee 4-0 to clinch the SEC regular season title.

So, unless there are any huge upsets today**, it looks like the seedings for the SEC tourney will be:
[1] Alabama 12-1
[2] Vanderbilt 11-2 (wins 3 team tiebreak by being only team to beat #1 Bama)
[3] Georgia 11-2 (won h2h over UF)
[4] Florida 11-2
[5] Texas A&M 10-3

**Vandy lost the doubles point at SC and is playing without both Sellyn and Campbell in singles. If they lose, they'll fall to #5 (due to h2h loss to A&M) and everyone else will move up 1.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #41
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Alabama swept Tennessee 4-0 to clinch the SEC regular season title.

So, unless there are any huge upsets today**, it looks like the seedings for the SEC tourney will be:
[1] Alabama 12-1
[2] Vanderbilt 11-2 (wins 3 team tiebreak by being only team to beat #1 Bama)
[3] Georgia 11-2 (won h2h over UF)
[4] Florida 11-2
[5] Texas A&M 10-3

**Vandy lost the doubles point at SC and is playing without both Sellyn and Campbell in singles. If they lose, they'll fall to #5 (due to h2h loss to A&M) and everyone else will move up 1.
vandy won @ court 5 to win 4-2.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:05 AM   #42
country flag Amalgamate

A&M upsets Florida 4-3. A&M proves me wrong! The last set was 6-0 on each match at #3-6. So strange

Semis: (1) Alabama vs. (5) Texas A&M
(2) Vanderbilt vs. (3) Georgia

Vandy didn't have their #1 or #2 players in today's match so I expect Georgia to have little trouble.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #43
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Campbell back for Vandy, but Georgia has five first sets and the doubles point. Come on, ladies!
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #44
country flag Amalgamate

Georgia def. Vandy 4-1.

Alabama took the doubles point from TAMU. TAMU playing a very strange lineup today. Deheza and Hristov (who both played doubles today) played #2 and #5 singles yesterday but aren't in today's singles lineup.
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #45
country flag Amalgamate

Georgia def. Alabama 4-0 (doubles, 2, 3, and 4). Looks like it would have been 5-2 if they played it out.