SEC tennis ... - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #16
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SEC tennis ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
WELL DAMN it'll be 100% raining and its already started. looks like they'll go indoor.

does anyone know if UGA indoor courts are spectator friendly? Like will they at least have bleachers for us to sit? I tried to call the offices no one picked up...
Yes, I watched the NCAA final between USC and UVA there, and the atmosphere is great. The only downside is that there are only 4 courts, so they can't play all of the singles at the same time. Have fun today!
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #17
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Georgia takes out Florida 4-2, dominating the doubles point and then getting wins at #1, #3, and #5. Very impressive week from Georgia to show just how under ranked they currently are. This is easily a top 5 team. 8 wins in a row, keep it up, ladies!
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #18
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

well it was closer than seem, had wolcock not miss so many of her FHs. UF girls were just not comfortable at all during the match. I guess there is only so much you can feel comfortable about surrounded by UGA fans screaming out obscenities throughout the match every time the chair goes with a UF player's call ("STICK YOUR FINGER SOMEWHERE ELSE" when chair was indicating an out call) the doubles was a joke. did not step up. Mistakes left and right.

Jano was just completely outmatched. no argument there. she is such a sweet girl tho. cercone is a mess. bless her heart and she had her chances, but there is so much u can do tenniswise standing 10 feet behind the baseline in every groundstroke rally. her tennis has reached its peak about 3 years ago. breana was a beast tho. every time you hear the sweet smack sound from her ground strokes it's something to behold. wolcock just did not step up. AT ALL. did not seem disciplined - way too many forehand errors, and that's her to go shot!

indoor just too tough for them i think rofl.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #19
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at the match yesterday, and I just have to say that it's been a long time since I have seen a team dominate doubles like Georgia did yesterday. The way Georgia's #3 doubles team of Lilly Kimbell and Caroline Brinson, dismantled Briana Morgan and Alex Cercone,8-2 was a sight to behold. And for Lauren Herring and Maho Kowase, to bagel Florida's #1 team, was some kind of performance. Meanwhile on Court 3 Georgia was cruising 7-3 when the match was suspended.

Florida made it a little uncomfortable for Georgia in singles, but Fuller after losing the first two games in the second set totally took control. She had also lost the first two games in the first set against Woolcock.

The crowd was huge, packed like sardines into the indoor tennis center. They were loud and relentless, giving Georgia a huge home court advantage. There were very few overrules in the match on any of the courts. Just a great college women's tennis match.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #20
country flag tucker1989

Thanks for both of those reports! I really don't think that there is another crowd in the country that comes out for women's college tennis like Georgia. It's so so cool.
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #21
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like it was a very touch match not only for the Gators but for any team...

Quoting UF Head Coach Roland Thornqvist:
“This was one of the better Florida-Georgia matches in recent years. I’m very proud of this team because they atmosphere here in the indoor center was, in my 13 years at Florida, the toughest atmosphere that we’ve played in. It was a fantastic crowd, they were relentless and they really helped Georgia sustain their momentum throughout the match. Although they outplayed us for the majority of the beginning of the match, we somehow found a way to make it 3-2 and make it interesting. I thought Georgia played a fantastic match, really. If they can play like this at home, they will be my pick to win the national championship. The level of play that they displayed today in front of their home crowd should make them the favorite. It was a very, very high level of tennis.”
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #22
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Thanks for both of those reports! I really don't think that there is another crowd in the country that comes out for women's college tennis like Georgia. It's so so cool.
I know it gets loud indoors, but seating can sometimes be limited. Must have been a rowdy crowd...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #23
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I know it gets loud indoors, but seating can sometimes be limited. Must have been a rowdy crowd...
I saw the attendance listed somewhere at 602. That's about capacity. Most of the time, a good number leave after doubles. Yesterday it seemed like everyone stayed. I would say there was close to 50 Florida fans there. A good many behind Kourtney Keegan's court. But the Georgia fans are not like any other.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 09:55 PM   #24
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Wow. Vanderbilt beats a red hot Georgia 4-2 with singles win at 2,3,4, and 6. Vandy was up 6-5 in the third on 5.

Alabama beats Florida 4-3 playing the wonky format (10 point tiebreaks for doubles?!).

Last edited by Amalgamate : Mar 23rd, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #25
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Wow. Vanderbilt beats a red hot Georgia 4-2 with singles win at 2,3,4, and 6. Vandy was up 6-5 in the third on 5.

Alabama beats Florida 4-3 playing the wonky format (10 point tiebreaks for doubles?!).
Ya i am not sure why the UF/BAMA match was using the exp format? Was there TV cov cuz i couldn't find it... tragic... the freshmen so far UF has are not producing this year.

The Vandy win defintiely is a shocker ... WOW...
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #26
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Ya i am not sure why the UF/BAMA match was using the exp format? Was there TV cov cuz i couldn't find it... tragic... the freshmen so far UF has are not producing this year.

The Vandy win defintiely is a shocker ... WOW...
They use that format for the ESPN MATCHDAY televised program. Although that was the first time it was actually used. They only play the doubles if it's a team 3-3 tie, as the tiebreaker.
Bigmanserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #27
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmanserve View Post
They use that format for the ESPN MATCHDAY televised program. Although that was the first time it was actually used. They only play the doubles if it's a team 3-3 tie, as the tiebreaker.
Ya that's why I was asking because i dont see it televised on espn online stream. or archived.
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #28
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

they are espn 3 on the computer. watched some of A&M--Baylor on it.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 03:40 AM   #29
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Bama-UF wasn't televised (aside from Bama's online streams). It was a USTA College Match Day, but only some of those are on ESPN3.

See here for the list of which ones are/aren't:
http://www.usta.com/College-Tennis/c...tches_in_2014/

Oddly, from that link:
Quote:
All MatchDay dual matches will count toward each team’s win-loss record both overall and, if applicable, in conference. For MatchDays that will not be carried on ESPN3, the participating teams will play using the traditional format, where the doubles matches are played first utilizing an eight-game pro set for each of the three matches, followed by six singles matches played best two-out-of-three sets.
So, I guess something must have changed since that was published. I can't imagine the coaches at this level would play this ridiculous format unless it was expressly mandated.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #30
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Bama-UF wasn't televised (aside from Bama's online streams). It was a USTA College Match Day, but only some of those are on ESPN3.

See here for the list of which ones are/aren't:
http://www.usta.com/College-Tennis/c...tches_in_2014/

Oddly, from that link:

So, I guess something must have changed since that was published. I can't imagine the coaches at this level would play this ridiculous format unless it was expressly mandated.
that is weird. unless they were not notified of this. since the UF/BAMA match was not being televised (not bold), why did they choose to play w/ the exp format? The outcome would have prolly been different.

NCAA Is making everyone very confused w/ the format changes and what not.