Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:56 AM   #31
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Indian Wells 2014: The Exorcism of Poova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laver_Slam View Post
What scrub do you talking about???

She lost to Serena Williams!
She lost to Cibulkova - the eventual finalist of AO 2014 and winner of Acapulco and number 11 in WTA now.
She lost to Pavluchenkova - the winner of Paris.

I don't see any scrub here, these girls are wonderful and skillful players.
But bar Serena, are they more skillful than Maria?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 12:08 PM   #32
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

I think Maria will do fine.

There's only a handful of players that can even beat subpar Poova and she won't meet them until the quarters.

WTA standard is pretty dire at the moment and there is no Venus or Serena here either.

I just hope she's wearing something nice, I don't like her outfits so far this year..

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 12:37 PM   #33
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize how close IW was before I saw this
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 12:55 PM   #34
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
But bar Serena, are they more skillful than Maria?
Losing to champion, finalist and champion isn't that bad IMO, regarding that Brisbane, AO and Paris were her first tournaments after 5 months.
Cibulkova and Pavlyuchenkova are skillful players, ofc Maria "in form" wouldn't have any problem with these girls but still I don't find this defeats like something pathetic or unacceptable.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 01:06 PM   #35
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpova View Post
I just hope she's wearing something nice, I don't like her outfits so far this year..
Well here you go....

Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 02:16 PM   #36
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i hope she will win that title because she needs some confidence

good luck Maria

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 02:37 PM   #37
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpova View Post
I think Maria will do fine.

There's only a handful of players that can even beat subpar Poova and she won't meet them until the quarters.

WTA standard is pretty dire at the moment and there is no Venus or Serena here either.

love your avatar!!!
malarkist is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 08:07 PM   #38
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Babyfat + Cibulkova better be in her quater/half.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 03:17 AM   #39
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

I want an easy draw for Maria please

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 09:07 AM   #40
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future
Re: Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion?

Link: Qualifying Draw Singles (pdf)
Link: Singles Main Draw (pdf)

Interesting:
Link: Indian Wells wide open with Williams absent
Link: Li Na, Maria Sharapova, and Victoria Azarenka top field at Indian Wells

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Mar 4th, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM   #41
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that considering the fact that she was out for the second half of last year 2014 has been so bad up to this point. It hasn't been exactly great either, but it's been 'acceptable.' The "Olympics break" must have been fun, but it also means however that she has to start her season for a second time, sorta. How a rusty Maria will do against girls who in the meantime have been playing remains to be seen. And there's real pressure on her to do well in IW/M and the claycourt swing that follows it because she hasn't a buffer of points from the second half of last year that could protect her ranking in case of a slow start.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 02:51 PM   #42
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

I am kind of optimistic about her chances here. I think the heat and Knapp match in Melbourne killed her chances. But otherwise I hope for a rested Martha who brings her Brisbane form in IW.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 02:53 PM   #43
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

I hope she can defend her title
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:22 PM   #44
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

shes going to play bad with the whole sochi thing behind but still the more she plays the easier it will become, so better than nothing
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:30 PM   #45
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

It's a fascinating time to be a Maria fan; the good news is that she hasn't withdrawn from IW yet, but very little is known about her form and preparation.

What we learn from Australia and Paris is that her shoulder isn't 100%, and she lost power in both her serves and groundies. On the plus side, the Groeneveld association were bearing fruits.

The $64K dollar question is whether her shoulder will improve, or it's as good as it can be.

There are many questions; but the main thing is that she's still there, fighting it all out.

Last edited by 18majors : Mar 3rd, 2014 at 10:45 PM.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote