Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion? - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #286
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
remember that inspired, motivated, confident feeling you got after watching Maria play….
, I don't even remember that feeling anymore .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #287
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Well, she only has herself to blame for this, although Giorgi did play some nice shots towards the end. But, I'm actually not disappointed about this match, she fought, she genuinely tried to fix something, she just couldn't. That serve is just a lethal weapon that's destroying her rather than her opponents. At least I got something for my trouble of sitting through this match-that moment when she was trying so hard to control herself not to yell at Alves and kept repeating I did not challenge that ball The one thing that does bother me is how many points she'll lose here and presumably in Miami as well. She will basically hold on only on her clay court season points

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #288
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

The hardest thing for me, which most of you don't have to bear, is the media reminding me every moment "Giorgi's feat in IW beating Sharapova!!111" when infact it was a fucking ridiculous awful shitload of shit, where Camila was just less terrible than Maria.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #289
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
The hardest thing for me, which most of you don't have to bear, is the media reminding me every moment "Giorgi's feat in IW beating Sharapova!!111" when infact it was a fucking ridiculous awful shitload of shit, where Camila was just less terrible than Maria.
But Camilla played some very nice shots, and with practice and right guidance, I think she can become a very good player, I was actually amazed at how explosive she was and how she can quickly hit outstanding shots. Although, I 100% agree that she won this by simply being less atrocious than Maria

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #290
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
I 100% don't want Maria retires now, because if she did this, i think she never come back on court again
Most of you put much pressure on Maria, sometime you just keep calm, free your mind and support her
Asking her putting up a fight against Giorgi or Pavs and not play continously bad and worse, shouldnt be too much to ask.
And when we complain about Grigor, Sven or Sugarpova (everyone here can pick one), its mostly because we just guessing what might be the reason.

I just ask everyone to not watch the match or highlights itself, only her reactions through the match, the 3(!!!) coaching timeout, etc... and compare that to matches you remember from 2-4-6 years ago.

I, for one, absolutely not believe in this "rusty, needs more matchplay" or "just a bad day" excuse. I hope someone uploads on youtube the 3 coaching timeout from yesterday, you can here that Sven wasnt running his mouth about all the technical stuff, it was pointless, but he constantly had to tell her to even fight, because the great Maria Sharapova doesnt even know or care what is that. Its mind boggling.
And if thats the way she is going, there is absolutely no point to continue.
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #291
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

There's nothing fakefan about thinking that perhaps Maria needs some time off to fully recover and focus on her other ambitions (and to get rid of that poodle hair Federer wannabe). It's hyperbole but not fakefan.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #292
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the only positive thing about this shitfest is that it can only get better. It's not just Maria who's playing horrible though. Each wta match I've seen so far is of very poor quality. Could be that I've been looking at the wrong matches, but still. Azarenka - horrible. Li - only so-so (although at least she won). Aga and the most recent Woz match - horrible (yes, I know you guys don't like them, but they played horrible matches within their own game styles). So I don't know what it is really but everyone seems to be well below her best.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #293
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
Asking her putting up a fight against Giorgi or Pavs and not play continously bad and worse, shouldnt be too much to ask.
And when we complain about Grigor, Sven or Sugarpova (everyone here can pick one), its mostly because we just guessing what might be the reason.

I just ask everyone to not watch the match or highlights itself, only her reactions through the match, the 3(!!!) coaching timeout, etc... and compare that to matches you remember from 2-4-6 years ago.

I, for one, absolutely not believe in this "rusty, needs more matchplay" or "just a bad day" excuse. I hope someone uploads on youtube the 3 coaching timeout from yesterday, you can here that Sven wasnt running his mouth about all the technical stuff, it was pointless, but he constantly had to tell her to even fight, because the great Maria Sharapova doesnt even know or care what is that. Its mind boggling.
And if thats the way she is going, there is absolutely no point to continue.
I didn't see those timeout but I can imagine
It's obviously a mental issue, a lot like it was for Roger last year.

PS: @Chrissie-fan: yes, last night I came to the terrible point where I miss the 2009-12 times when Caroline and Vera were at the top... Since the 2012-13 "Top 3" fell apart, it has been an utter disaster in women's tennis.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #294
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
There's nothing fakefan about thinking that perhaps Maria needs some time off to fully recover and focus on her other ambitions (and to get rid of that poodle hair Federer wannabe). It's hyperbole but not fakefan.
I don't think it's baby Fed's fault. It's too easy to always blame the boyfriend when things go wrong. I see the same thing at the Woz forum. Among Vika fans the're probably blaming red poo. And that Radek thing probably isn't very popular with Kvitova fans either. But they are all young girls and they can't be expected to live like nuns.
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #295
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

PS: @Chrissie-fan: yes, last night I came to the terrible point where I miss the 2009-12 times when Caroline and Vera were at the top... Since the 2012-13 "Top 3" fell apart, it has been an utter disaster in women's tennis.
It won't be long now before the Woz years will be referred to as 'the golden age of tennis.'
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #296
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see any problem with Maria's shoulder or anything physical hampering her at the moment, honestly. It's all mental. She just doesn't believe in herself anymore and she is just not trying to get her mojo back. It's painful to watch.

I hope she gets her shit together for Miami and plays some consistent tennis cause with her rankings falling down, this is gonna be a messy year for her and for us as her fans as well.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #297
country flag fanofmaria

fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice

OK, that was a quick exit. Maria's own mistakes are her downfall right now. I want no more Sugarpova, Porsche s#$t and see nothing but practice workouts! Come on Maria, the season is now. Focus girl!

FOM
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #298
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't think it's baby Fed's fault. It's too easy to always blame the boyfriend when things go wrong. I see the same thing at the Woz forum. Among Vika fans the're probably blaming red poo. And that Radek thing probably isn't very popular with Kvitova fans either. But they are all young girls and they can't be expected to live like nuns.
I'm sure with the right motivation from some nuns they can!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #299
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, the only positive thing about this shitfest is that it can only get better. It's not just Maria who's playing horrible though. Each wta match I've seen so far is of very poor quality. Could be that I've been looking at the wrong matches, but still. Azarenka - horrible. Li - only so-so (although at least she won). Aga and the most recent Woz match - horrible (yes, I know you guys don't like them, but they played horrible matches within their own game styles). So I don't know what it is really but everyone seems to be well below her best.
Playing bad worries me the least.
She had plenty titles & finals playing crap in the past. But now she just gets toasted by the Giorgis, Pavlyuchenkovas and Knapps of the tour.
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #300
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Since the 2012-13 "Top 3" fell apart, it has been an utter disaster in women's tennis.
Reading the Race to Singapore ranking on Monday will make me sick.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote