Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion? - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2014, 07:48 AM   #181
country flag Ziggy88

Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion?

I thought she hit the balls harder and i noticed the footworks.. Much better. Hope the rusts are gone and time to step up another level.
Ziggy88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #182
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Good enough.

She does need to work on her second set letdowns. It's sure to come back to her with more matchplay though.
But this time she handled it. She was on during all service games.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #183
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Good start Maria, well done. Lots more work to do....
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 09:36 AM   #184
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Good start, but she will need to improve. Next is Giorgi who is a difficult opponent but I believe Maria will step up her game and win. Good luck
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 09:53 AM   #185
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Results Round 2

[1] N Li (CHN) d J Zheng (CHN) 61 75
[4] M Sharapova (RUS) d J Goerges (GER) 61 64
M Torro-Flor (ESP) d [5] A Kerber (GER) 26 76(5) 64
[8] P Kvitova (CZE) d [WC] C Vandeweghe (USA) 61 63
[11] A Ivanovic (SRB) d E Svitolina (UKR) 46 75 76(1)
[12] D Cibulkova (SVK) d [WC] D Vekic (CRO) 63 62
A Wozniak (CAN) d [15] S Lisicki (GER) 75 16 76(5)
[16] S Stosur (AUS) d F Schiavone (ITA) 62 63
[17] S Stephens (USA) d A Tomljanovic (CRO) 64 60
[20] F Pennetta (ITA) d [WC] T Townsend (USA) 63 67(4) 63
[21] A Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) d C Garcia (FRA) 64 75
[23] E Makarova (RUS) d M Niculescu (ROU) 57 76(3) 63
[Q] C Giorgi (ITA) d [25] S Cirstea (ROU) 76(3) 63
[27] S Kuznetsova (RUS) d [Q] B Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) 63 63
K Pliskova (CZE) d [28] K Zakopalova (CZE) 75 62
A Kleybanova (RUS) d [32] G Muguruza (ESP) 63 62

Link: Sharapova Shines, Kerber Goes Out (Includes video highlights of the match)
Video: Masha's Post Match Interview

Next opponent is the #79 ranked Camila Giorgi (ITA)

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Mar 9th, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 10:07 AM   #186
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Good win I might be reading the stats wrong, but it looks like Goerges actually won more points on Maria's serve through DFs than she did otherwise? If so...
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #187
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Good start at Indian Wells, Maria !

Lots of room for improvement, but I`m happy. A shame Maria und Julia had to meet in R2

Giorgi next who seems on fire, she beat Petkovic + Cirstea. Be careful, Maria

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #188
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Saw the first set. Impressed with her groundies (especially the FH). And all I can do is wish her good luck with that serve

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #189
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Giorgi is quick and hits hard, but she is also petite and light.

Hope the weight of Maria's shots will handcuff her.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #190
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Much much better, the main thing that there was only a slight drop in the second set (which is normal) and not a complete collapse. Also much better intensity wise, no desperate looks towards her box after UEs and the first match this year where there have been legitimate C'MONs.

The serve is its own issue, hopefully match play and increased confidence can sort it.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 02:58 PM   #191
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Good win I might be reading the stats wrong, but it looks like Goerges actually won more points on Maria's serve through DFs than she did otherwise? If so...
Goerges was utterly dire. As was Maria's serve.
That being said, I liked her groundstrokes and solid rallies very much.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #192
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Didn't get to watch the match. Glad Maria won. From reading your comments, she has to step up soon.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #193
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

maria pleyed solid match last night.. lot of DF, but she stayed calm in crucial points

i didn't watch julia for long time, i forgot that she think that she play on football / soccer court

camilla should not be a problem

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #194
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Stadium 1 - Not Before 2:00 P.M. VS Giorgi

Play starts at 11:00 A.M. with Li VS Pliskova followed by Fed VS Tursunov.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #195
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
It'll be at least 3PM before she plays local time I guess. Just needa work that out into GMT now.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App