Catherine "Cici" Bellis - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #31
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Catherine "Cici" Bellis

CiCi into the semifinals of the G1 International Spring Championships.

Had a pretty easy draw until the quarters today when she took out Duke recruit Christina Makarova 63 64. Very impressive scoreline against a player like Makarova who makes you play a lot of balls and really forces you to hit through her and put her away.

I watched most of the match on a stream and CiCi looks as good as ever. The only thing she doesn't do exceptionally well is serve and she doesn't really do that poorly either. Just something that can be improved.

Takes on McCarthy or Chen in the semis. Great chance to take another big junior title!
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #32
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info iPatty ( sorry i forget your name ) about CiCi. I'm out of the loop with JR's, but you keep me updated on the important results
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #33
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
(5)CiCi Bellis (USA) d. Kelly Chen (USA) 62 64

Comfortably into the final. Good luck CiCi!
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 06:32 AM   #34
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

I keep hearing great things about Cici.
Is she the best best pro prospect of her age group?
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #35
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin and Lauren Davis
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 02:06 AM   #36
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Won the USTA International Spring Championships

USTA International Spring Championships

R1: (5)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) d. Madison Appel (USA) 61 62
R2: (5)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) d. Andrea Kevakian (USA) 60 60
R3: (5)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) d. (LL)Bianca Moldovan (USA) 63 61
QF: (5)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) d. Christina Makarova (USA) 63 64
SF: (5)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) d. Kelly Chen (USA) 62 64
F: (5)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) d. (9)Raveena Kingsley (USA) 63 60
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 02:08 AM   #37
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Nakagawa Edges Tiafoe, Bellis Cruises Past Kingsley to Claim ITF Grade 1 International Spring Championships

Quote:
In the girls final, No. 5 seed CiCi Bellis displayed some stellar defense in the final against No. 9 seed Raveena Kingsley, and it paid off in a 6-3, 6-0 victory.

"She's a really aggressive player, so my defense had to be on today," said Bellis, who turns 15 on Tuesday. "I kept thinking to myself, play my game, play aggressive and try to defend as well as I can. As I said, she's an aggressive player, so I just had to stay with her try to put it away."

Bellis never trailed in the match, but she was broken twice, serving at 2-1 and for the first set at 5-2, as both girls struggled getting their first serves in play. Bellis said she thought that might be due to nerves, but Kingsley, playing in her first Grade 1 final, thought fatigue may have caused her erratic play.

"I was probably just a little tired, physically and mentally," said Kingsley, who had overcome a slow start in her three-set semifinal win over Usue Arconada, but could not find her rhythm Sunday. "She's won a Grade 1 before, so maybe that helped her confidence."

Kingsley is certain she can get over the loss and be ready for the Easter Bowl on Tuesday, and although Bellis has assured herself a spot in the main draw of the French and Wimbledon juniors with the Carson title, she too is eager to play again next week.

"It's obviously going to be really hard," said the 2013 Easter Bowl 16s champion, who is now traveling with 2004 NCAA finalist Jelena Pandzic, who played at Fresno State and Fresno Pacific. "Everybody there is really good too, but it'll be fun. I think I'll be okay. I'm going to rest the rest of the day and then have a light hit tomorrow, so I think I'll be mentally rested and everything for that."
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #38
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

CiCi forehand is so solid. Like she can hit 'em flat, topspin, slice, lob, volley, etc

I can see why she's doing well. Her defense is superb and she's very consistent, hardly makes any error, but at the same time, if she sees any short balls, she will whack them with her FH.

Regarding the final, Kingsley is the more aggressive player. She tried to attack her serve and her somewhat weak BH but she didn't have the consistencies to do it at every point. On the other hand, Bellis attacked Kingsley's 2nd serve well the whole match. Kingsley can't defend either. So once Bellis started to play better in the second set, it was NID

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #39
country flag iPatty

CiCi now into the final of the 18s Easter Bowl. Just can't stop winning. Takes on Katie Swan for the title.
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 11:29 PM   #40
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Zootennis reports:

CiCi Bellis wins @asicseasterbowl ITF after taking 16s title last year. She defeats Katie Swan 63, 61 #AEB14
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #41
country flag iPatty

Remains undefeated in juniors this year. She might even be able to snag a junior slam this year if she keeps improving at this rate.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 02:14 AM   #42
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

CiCi Unbelievable what she has done!! Keep it up!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #43
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous season!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #44
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

She also catapulted up to #12 in the junior ranks!
TrojanStallion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #45
country flag Trey

Tiafoe, Bellis Win ITF Easter Bowl Titles; Stewart and McNally Claim 16s Championships

Quote:
Although CiCi Bellis isn't sporting a necklace with a small crown hanging from it as boys champion Francis Tiafoe is, there's no question the 15-year-old Californian is the queen of the Asics Easter Bowl. After her 6-3, 6-1 victory over No. 9 seed Katie Swan Sunday at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Bellis has now won two consecutive titles, adding the ITF Grade B1 title to the 16s championship she won last year.

Quote:
Bellis, seeded No. 4 this week, has yet to lose in ITF junior play this year, running her winning streak to 18, and becoming the first girl since Kyle McPhillips in 2010 and 2011 to follow a 16s title with an 18s championship.

Although Bellis and Swan are good friends, and spent time before their match watching the boys final, Bellis showed no mercy on the court. Despite playing 12 singles matches in the past 14 days, with her title at the International Spring Championships in Carson, Bellis didn't display any lack of energy or focus.

"Yeah, I'm tired," admitted Bellis, who had her knee taped a few days ago, but said it wasn't bothering her anymore. "Two tournaments in a row, it's hard."

After falling behind 2-0 in the first set, Bellis won six of the next seven games to take the set, and continued to dictate points with her forehand in the second set, while Swan's serve began to become less effective. Swan called for a trainer at the end of the first set, with her shins the source of the discomfort.

"Yesterday both my shins started to hurt. I think the tissue is rubbing on the bone," said Swan, a 15-year-old from Bristol, England, whose family now lives in Wichita, Kansas. "But it will be okay soon."

Swan had nothing but praise for Bellis.

"She's such a great player," Swan said. "It's great to play against someone like that, so I know the level I need to get to. She's just looking always to dominate, and has a great forehand. She's just an amazing player."

Bellis will head to Europe for the Italian ITF junior swing, which ends with the Grade A Italian Open, before going on to the French Open Junior Championships, and after winning the ITF World Junior Team Championships last year on the red clay in the Czech Republic, she is excited to get on the surface again.

But first, Bellis will take a few days off, leaving the racquet in the bag for two or three days.

"I'm just going to be relaxing," said Bellis, of Atherton, California. "It's going to be nice to just hang out for the next few days, and let my body rest and recover until getting back to training again."