Catherine "Cici" Bellis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #1
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Catherine "Cici" Bellis

This 14 year old tennis prodigy has a good future ahead of her.

Last year she won the USTA Girls 16 Clay Court Championships' singles crown at Virginia Beach Tennis and Country Club, her 4th USTA gold ball that she has won.

Also made it to the 3rd round of the Junior US Open.

Last week, won 3 qualifying matches at 25k Rancho Santa Fe CA, losing to Julia Boserup in the 1st round, pushing her to 3 sets.

This week, she's playing at 25k Suprise AZ, where she just won her 3rd straight qualifying match and straight set victory to make the MD.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #2
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Catherine "Cici" Bellis

Thanks for starting a thread for her tie_breaker. I'll take her out of the 1998-2001 thread.

CiCi is our best prospect in quite some time IMO. She has dominated her age group and shown solid results in junior and now professional ITFs. Unfortunately drew #2 seed Sofia Arvidsson in Surprise but should be a great experience for her.
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 02:56 AM   #3
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

CiCi

Hope she can have a good performance against Arvidsson!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #4
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
CiCi

Hope she can have a good performance against Arvidsson!!
Arvidsson is more than twice her age.

Tough draw...hopefully she can have a good match!
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #5
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Thanks for starting a thread for her tie_breaker. I'll take her out of the 1998-2001 thread.

CiCi is our best prospect in quite some time IMO. She has dominated her age group and shown solid results in junior and now professional ITFs. Unfortunately drew #2 seed Sofia Arvidsson in Surprise but should be a great experience for her.
She's definitely following in the footsteps of Townsend and Chirico...still early but she's pounding on all the right doors
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #6
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

She seems really promising, I expect big things from her

And of course I have to mention it, she has a Greek name

Good luck against Arvidsson! Nothing to lose

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #7
country flag tie_breaker

After she lost that first set to Arvidsson 6-1, I thought this match was over, but she found some way to comeback and with the second set 6-4, before losing the final set 6-4.

Not a total disappointment...hopefully, she'll get a better draw in her next tournament.

She'll need to improve on her serves...7 double faults.

If a video of this match is available online, please post the link. thanx!
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #8
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

But taking an set off Arvidsson who been in the top 100 and won two title. I think she will work on her serve she still 14 but good event for her
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #9
country flag tie_breaker

No doubt, I was expecting the score to be more like 6-1, 6-2 so still a morale victory on her part!
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #10
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Great job making it a competitive match after that first set
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #11
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

No shame in this loss. CiCi She has had some really nice runs, lately. Nice things to look forward to!!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 01:42 AM   #12
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Nice battle with Sofia Hopefully I'll get to see her play live soon
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 03:37 AM   #13
country flag tie_breaker

Cici has a WCM to the $10k in Gainsville, FL
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 03:39 AM   #14
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as she stays away from my Valentini, I wish her the best of luck

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 04:02 AM   #15
country flag goOudinUSA

GL CiCi!!

Bally

Tim Howard