Alisa Kleybanova New Wonder Girl CHEERING THREAD! - Page 174 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2009, 02:03 AM   #2596
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alisa Kleybanova New Wonder Girl CHEERING THREAD!

Here is what I wrote about Alisa in my Cincinnati tournament thread, including what she had to say to her fans here on TF!

====================

I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Alisa Kleybanova today. I saw her doing stretching and a bands warmup outside the practice courts as I was entering today. When I went over there, she was still working with the bands, outside the end court (where Sugi/Dulgheru were practicing).

(I had to ask who Dulgheru was because I recognized Sugi right away but not Dulgheru. By the way it was Sugi serving, Dulgheru returning, and her coach giving advice on her return of serve. I think Sugi was alone at her end.)

So I debated whether Alisa would mind being bothered or not, then decided to go ahead and ask if I could take her picture - I meant a pic of her working with the bands. She said sure, very friendly and no attitude, then her coach told me to come over and he would take a picture of her with me.

I asked her if she would like me to pass on any message to her fans on Tennis Forum.

She took a minute and I thought she maybe didn't understand me or know what that was. Then she said: it's good to have fans, she appreciates it very much, and thanks us so much for supporting her. And she told me/us that she hopes we will enjoy the tournament very much. I wished her good luck - knew she had a doubles match later today.

(In fact it just ended now - Monday night around 9:30 PM as I'm writing this - after the rain delay, and she won it - partnered with Makarova. She has her R1 Singles match Tuesday morning, so this has been a long day with an early start tomorrow, due to the rain.)

She looks great - not glamorous but just very cool pretty looks which I really like - and she is big but in a just right way for a pro athlete, not fat or overly bulky. She is very nice and down to earth. She speaks very good English which is only lightly accented. Her voice is deep, and friendly, and she is really very nice to be around.

Also her coach was super friendly and helpful with information. I really like it when coaches are like that - like to talk about their players and make contacts and network a bit - enjoy themselves and bring down the barriers between players and fans.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:55 AM   #2597
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Alisa choked away the 1st set tiebreak. Big opportunity at a Tier I.
Alisa has to learn to play well at big moments.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:09 AM   #2598
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

Alisa was too scared or too nervous to win a TB... hard to think otherwise when a player looses 5 set points.
Svetlana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:47 AM   #2599
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Alisa had set points in set 2 and now it's 55.
JJ is too good for her.

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:11 AM   #2600
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

be positive Alisa... you can win it only if you believe
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:12 AM   #2601
country flag goldenlox

Alisa won the 2nd tb. 3rd set. Maybe JJ is tired.

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:48 AM   #2602
country flag goldenlox

Alisa is up a break *42. Finish!

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:55 AM   #2603
country flag Svetlana.

Alisa, I really admire your effort...

win or loose, either way you deserve applause for trying.
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:57 AM   #2604
country flag goldenlox

This is a great win, beating Jankovic in a Tier I QF!
Now Maria or Aga. Alisa can win this.

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 03:06 AM   #2605
country flag Svetlana.

Great win Alisa!

You played well the last few games!
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 04:14 AM   #2606
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute

Alisa

I'm so happy that she managed to take the 2nd set and then cruise through the 3rd

The match went for about 3 1/4 hrs, but Alisa stayed strong

Last edited by Epigone : Aug 22nd, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 04:17 AM   #2607
country flag Svetlana.

I liked what she had to say on the court after the match
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM   #2608
country flag Svetlana.

I'm surprised Alisa has no sponsor.

Does she have in the past?
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 07:41 AM   #2609
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

welldone Alisa

goodluck in the sf..
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 07:59 AM   #2610
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Alisa

Such great news to wake up to!