Amelia Island: Not for Justine? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Amelia Island: Not for Justine?

It's probably nothing, but Justine has suffered two really bad losses at Amelia Island the last two years.

2002 Final:
Venus def. 2-6 7-5 7-6
Henin leads 6-2 4-0; 6-2 5-4 [serving]; 6-2 5-7 5-3 and 5-4 [serving]

2003 Semis
Dementieva def. 3-6 6-4 7-5
Henin has a match point at 5-4 in the 3rd.

Hopefully this trend will stop next year
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2003, 10:03 PM   #2
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
lol yes definitely some bad losses

justine couldnt u fall apart against monica
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 10:44 PM   #3
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
It is almost certainly nothing IMHO. Justine is definitely a future Amelia island champion.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #4
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I don't see her losses at the prestigious and vital Amelia island tournament haunting her for too long. she'll come back and win there one year.
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 10:57 PM   #5
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
Dallas, You know it is because she thought " I just beat Serena, I'm unbeatable".

I seems that winning against a Williams is a sure precusor for a letdown. My opinion only.
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #6
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Fan
Dallas, You know it is because she thought " I just beat Serena, I'm unbeatable".

I seems that winning against a Williams is a sure precusor for a letdown. My opinion only.

I don't think she's the kind of person who would have that kind of mentality. I think that fans and the media would put that kinda of pressure on her because I, being a fan of Justine, did think that she would cruise through this competition as soon as she beat Seles. I didn't think Dementieva would really be the one to beat Justine. Then again, noone really thought it would be Justine to beat Serena this year. Anyway, good luck to Justine for the next three events she'll be playing: Berlin, Rome, and Paris!!! And next year's AI
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 11:36 PM   #7
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
Well, just look at the records of players that have a win againgt Venus or Serena. It seems that they normally lose several matches after the win they did not expect.

Don't get me wrong, I think Justine is easily one of the best players in the world. She beat Serena in a VERY competetive match in Berlin last year.

The Media WILL put pressure on her as the ONE to BEAT the sisters Williams. Hope she handles it better than Kim.

I think Justine is the better player from Belgium.
If she can get her mental thing together, she may win a Slam very soon.
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 11:37 PM   #8
country flag ▀coene

▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future
I also think she will win it one day.
▀coene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 12:26 AM   #9
leslie

leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Fan
Well, just look at the records of players that have a win againgt Venus or Serena. It seems that they normally lose several matches after the win they did not expect.

Don't get me wrong, I think Justine is easily one of the best players in the world. She beat Serena in a VERY competetive match in Berlin last year.

The Media WILL put pressure on her as the ONE to BEAT the sisters Williams. Hope she handles it better than Kim.

I think Justine is the better player from Belgium.
If she can get her mental thing together, she may win a Slam very soon.
You are begining to sound like maryjo and Pam. You said that Justine beat Serena last year in Berlin but Serena also be Justine last year at the Italian Open. Why do you people chose to forget that?
leslie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #10
xin

xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie
You are begining to sound like maryjo and Pam. You said that Justine beat Serena last year in Berlin but Serena also be Justine last year at the Italian Open. Why do you people chose to forget that?
Because Serena is a French Open Champ and world #1 and a favor against Justine even it's on clay. People talked about the Berlin final just to show Justine is able to challenge Serena. Why you seem to make Justine as equal threatening as Serena?
xin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 11:22 AM   #11
rfs1999

rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice
Monica tires a lot of players out!
rfs1999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #12
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute
I REALLY wanted Justine to win this because it would erase the painful memories of last year. . Not to mention she had 6-2 4-0 40-0

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #13
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
I wish Justine would have collapsed against Monica rather than Elena
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #14
country flag Smart

Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough
Ok..hey please don't do stats after two tournaments. And do you really think that to reach final and semis is a bad result?

Smart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 03:39 PM   #15
leslie

leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point leslie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xin
Because Serena is a French Open Champ and world #1 and a favor against Justine even it's on clay. People talked about the Berlin final just to show Justine is able to challenge Serena. Why you seem to make Justine as equal threatening as Serena?
What are you talking about? Justine is no threat to Serena not now or ever. She just got lucky last week because Serena was not her best and I think Serena was hurt. The next time she faces Serena she is chop liver. Remember that beating Serena took from Kim at the Year ending championship and you remember what happen the last three times they met including the Hopman Cup Serena rosted Kim and she will do it to Justine the next time they met. Thoes Belgiums are not threats to the sisters.
leslie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote