A question for Juju fans - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2003, 11:53 AM   #1
martinailuv

martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all
Question A question for Juju fans

do you like it when they say that juju's game is comparable to marti's? i do! juju is my second favourite and i think of it as a compliment when people say that juju's game reminds them of marti's.
martinailuv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #2
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
I love both Justine and Martina too.
I think their games aren't THAT similar but they handle power the same way, and they really outplay their more powerful opponents.
I think most people just like to compare Justine to Martina because they're both so petite and yet they are able to compete with the big powerful girls!

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #3
country flag 2ace2

2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of
They're maybe a bit similar, but Justine's game is much more powerful. I saw her match against Serena and she sure knows how to whack a ball. I really think Juju's power is underrated
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #4
Filip!

Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ace2
They're maybe a bit similar, but Justine's game is much more powerful. I saw her match against Serena and she sure knows how to whack a ball. I really think Juju's power is underrated
Her power is indeed growing, she's hitting first serves with a higher speed... But Justine is not a powerplayer, she plays not like Serena, Venus, Kim, etc.

I think it's nice for Justine to be compared with Martina, but I think their games are a bit different.
Filip! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 01:58 PM   #5
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

I like the comparison and consider it a fine compliment to Justine.

However, Justine demonstrated one big difference yesterday when she dominated the match-winning game with 3 serves over 110 mph!

If Martina could have done that, maybe she would still beout there.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 08:52 PM   #6
country flag fleemke³

fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of
No probs with it Both girls are great and have more than power
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemke³ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 08:54 PM   #7
country flag schris

schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute
I hated Martina - I love Justine

Friday, 13 August 1999

"I`ve Done What I`ve Wanted To Do.

I Have Nothing More To Prove."
schris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 08:57 PM   #8
country flag fleemke³

fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of
ow but I wasn't a real Martina fan lol but she is a great player
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemke³ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 11:36 PM   #9
martinailuv

martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by janie
I like the comparison and consider it a fine compliment to Justine.

However, Justine demonstrated one big difference yesterday when she dominated the match-winning game with 3 serves over 110 mph!

If Martina could have done that, maybe she would still beout there.
i agree with you. if only marti had a big serve like juju's.
martinailuv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #10
country flag Smart

Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough Smart is a jewel in the rough
There is a lot of same in their games. But I like Juju much more. Although, I still think that Juju has to get more variation to her game.

Smart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 12:11 AM   #11
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
JuJu is in NO WAY like Martina. She does not wait for errors to win tha game against power players.
She goes on offense to force the play. By the way, she is ALSO a power player, with a nice mix of shots. I think she is the #3 player with the BEST chance of challenging Venus and Serena for the top spot.

Martina was out as soon as the five or six power players got control of their games enough to defeat the defensive players such as Martina.

Winning on the errors of other players is in my opinion not something to be proud of. Kim are you listiening???? Your preformance at the 2002 Championships was, however very good. You won that match with a superior game.

Justine hits a lot of winners on defense. This makes me respect her more.

Too bad you lost today. Let down after beating a Williams... sorry about that.
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 12:13 AM   #12
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with VS on this. Their games are not very similar. Justine is a more well rounded player. She has power, finese, and variety. I think it's the mental aspect that really gets her. But with Martina she's really just very crafty yet not really aggressive.
shap_half is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 10:20 AM   #13
xin

xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point
Justine has power but not a power player. She hits powerful shots but she doesn't hit them in a regular base as Lindsay, JP, Dokic... And there is not way to compare Justine's ground strokes to Lindsay's.
But I think her game is very different from Martina's. They both play smart. But Justine doesn't have Martina's style and good anticipation and Martina doesn't have Justine's power and slices.
I don't mind they compare the two and maybe together with Amelie. They are really different from the rest of the field is for sure.
xin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 10:40 AM   #14
country flag Mercury Rising
Team WTAworld
Destroyer of the Ring

Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Fan
Too bad you lost today. Let down after beating a Williams... sorry about that.
It wasn't really a letdown, it would be if she lost her first match after beating Serena.

Member of Justine Philistines' Society
Mercury Rising is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #15
xin

xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point xin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristofke
It wasn't really a letdown, it would be if she lost her first match after beating Serena.
Ye, why so many people think it's a letdown? And she is so intense. I can't believe it's a factor. She said she put equal efforts in every match.
xin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote