2014 National Team Indoors - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #1
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
2014 National Team Indoors

(1) Florida vs UVA
(8) Texas A&M vs. Northwestern

(4) UCLA vs. Texas
(5) USC vs. Alabama

(6) Cal vs. Clemson
(3) Georgia vs. Miami

(7) Duke vs. Michigan
(2) UNC vs. Vanderbilt

Main Draw:http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_...+Main+Draw.pdf

Live stream video: http://www.virginiasports.com/allaccess/

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports...B_OEM_ID=30500

ITA Tennis Info Page: http://www.itatennis.com/Events/ITAN...eamIndoors.htm

Last edited by slickshoes510 : Feb 6th, 2014 at 10:36 PM.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #2

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2014 National Team Indoors

I'm not liking the draw. A potential for an all SEC, Pac-12, and ACC quarterfinals. The lone exception being a potential SEC-Pac-12 quarter.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #3
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be happy playing at 9am if I was Duke or UNC.

I don't think Kyle is making the trip to Virginia, can anyone confirm?

Regardless, should be a fun event! There should be streaming I believe, I watched UVA men play Elon at their indoor facility and the video quality was quite good.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #4
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

I am not a Pac fan but am a west coaster and as 'always' they shove UCLA/USC in same quarter to insure that a max 2 west coast schools can reach the semi's. This seems to happen in every sport.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
I am not a Pac fan but am a west coaster and as 'always' they shove UCLA/USC in same quarter to insure that a max 2 west coast schools can reach the semi's. This seems to happen in every sport.
To be fair, it all goes back to Stanford. If they were playing, the draw would look a lot different.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
I would not be happy playing at 9am if I was Duke or UNC.

I don't think Kyle is making the trip to Virginia, can anyone confirm?

Regardless, should be a fun event! There should be streaming I believe, I watched UVA men play Elon at their indoor facility and the video quality was quite good.
You're right. I'll post a link to the video stream at the top.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #7
country flag TennisDad

TennisDad is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. I think they adjusted the seeds in order to try and get three different conferences in the semis.

Should be a fun tournament to watch online. I know UVA has 6 courts covered by video and the quality is very good, does anyone know if all 12 courts have video coverage?
TennisDad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisDad View Post
I agree. I think they adjusted the seeds in order to try and get three different conferences in the semis.

Should be a fun tournament to watch online. I know UVA has 6 courts covered by video and the quality is very good, does anyone know if all 12 courts have video coverage?
Oops, I didn't even catch that. That is odd they adjusted the seeds. I'm even more frustrated now, but I am excited to see some good tennis.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #9
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisDad View Post
I am not a big fan of how the conferences are grouped together to eliminate each other by the end of the QF's.

The point of playing National Tournaments is for it to not look like conference matches.

Last edited by tie_breaker : Feb 5th, 2014 at 05:29 PM.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #10
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
To be fair, it all goes back to Stanford. If they were playing, the draw would look a lot different.
I read somewhere on Stanford's site that playing Texas and Rice provides them the competition needed without having to play at the Indoors. The reason for not playing Indoors is due to allow more time for academics.

I am a bit surprise that Florida is playing since they haven't showed up in the past and they do have a match scheduled against Stanford on Feb-23.

Here we go again...

Last edited by tie_breaker : Feb 5th, 2014 at 05:33 PM.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #11
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I read somewhere on Stanford's site that playing Texas and Rice provides them the competition needed without having to play at the Indoors. The reason for not playing Indoors is due to allow more time for academics.

I am a bit surprise that Florida is playing since they haven't showed up in the past and they do have a match scheduled against Stanford on Feb-23.

Here we go again...
I forget the specifics, but I think I read a quote from Roland about how they have changed the way the ITA counts the number of matches you play (maybe something to do with the Kick-off weekend not counting or something?) and so now UF can play Indoors. The reason was that they used to be able to get good outdoor competition and Indoors didn't really make sense given the match restrictions but now it's changed.

Also iPatty: Are you talking about Kyle McPhillips? Why wouldn't she go?
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I forget the specifics, but I think I read a quote from Roland about how they have changed the way the ITA counts the number of matches you play (maybe something to do with the Kick-off weekend not counting or something?) and so now UF can play Indoors. The reason was that they used to be able to get good outdoor competition and Indoors didn't really make sense given the match restrictions but now it's changed.

Kyle played in UCLA's last dual match last week, so I haven't heard anything about her not going. I know Brady and Ray didn't play UCLA's last two dual matches so they would be more in question.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #13
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Kyle played in UCLA's last dual match last week, so I haven't heard anything about her not going. I know Brady and Ray didn't play UCLA's last two dual matches so they would be more in question.
Well, she isn't in this picture:

or this one from when RedFoo visited their practice on Monday...

and I know that she has been injured this fall. So I figured she isn't going to Indoors, although I could be wrong.

I hope that Chalena is able to compete for Duke.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #14

I'm hoping she just didn't fit into the picture.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #15
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Some questions surrounding a few teams:

UNC: Will Kay play singles? She was out in UNC'a loss to A&M
Michigan: Yurkovsky hasn't played in a dual match yet
Duke: Scholl didn't play in the kick-off weekend.
UCLA: Questions about McPhillips health.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote