Tipping #254 : Fed Cup 2014 R1 - Updated Rankings in Post # 4 & 106 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 02:32 AM   #1
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute
Tipping #254 : Fed Cup 2014 R1 - Updated Rankings in Post # 4 & 106

TIPPING FEDERATION CUP

Welcome to the first round of Tipping Federation Cup 2014! This is the 254th tipping event overall and 5th in 2014.

HOW TO PLAY

First of all, you have to sign-in and specify the team you'll play for. New players can choose to join one of the existing teams (listed below), or select any other country. There are no restrictions regarding the number of players per team.

You do, however, have to sign-in before the start of the first match if you'd like to play for an existing team as a new player. If you are a bit late, you can still play, but for some country that still has no players representing it. Changes of team choices are possible until the start of the competition. You can switch teams as the season goes, but you will be able to transfer to an existing team only if committed members of that team state that they don't object you joining in.

ENTRY LIST at the moment looks like this:

AZERBAIJAN: HawkAussie, randy72391
BELGIUM: piloudethuin01
BRAZIL: Broseghini, F4CU
CHINA : Zenith.
CYPRUS: hellas719
GREAT BRITAIN: okck
GREECE: come on lena
INDIA : jankimfan, the jackal
ISRAEL: ronim1
POLAND: Szymon, Monzanator, mariusz_pol, JustPetko
PUERTO RICO: Davidspell
ROMANIA: tenniscreep
RUSSIA: Хлоэ
SLOVAKIA: SabineTard, Hapsara
SLOVENIA: zigga
USA: Cooper96, goOudinUSA

Tipping is like Tennis Tipping but different. You don't play other people and you don't have to tip the score which makes it an easier game to play. Everyone can play!

Playing Tipping is very easy. I will post the schedule and then you just tip who you think will win.

e.g If the schedule was...
Ivanovic vs Sharapova
V. Williams vs S. Williams

This is how you would tip...
Ivanovic
V. Williams

We only play main draw singles matches and only "live" matches. So if one team wins three rubbers to win the tie, the remaining dead rubbers will NOT be considered for earning points here.

If there's 1 point played in a match then the match counts (walkover or a pre-match retirement doesn´t count).

Deadline for posting your tips is until the scheduled start of the match in question, so check this info due to time zones etc.

Do NOT edit your post. If you want to change your picks, then do it in a new post. Edited posts will make all your picks invalid.

SCORING

World Group I first round: 4 points per correct tip
World Group II first round: 2 points per correct tip

After all the matches of the day are played, we'll sum up all the points earned by the players of each team and divide by the number of players in that respective team. So for example, sum of points earned by 4 players of a particular team during a particular day, will be divided by four to give the team score.

In case of a tie between two teams, tie-breaker rules will be followed in the following order:
(i) Team with more number of players.
(ii) Team with more number of correct picks from WG ties.

Scores from each Fed Cup weekend will count towards the end of the season team winner but will also be taken to prepare a continuous 52-week team rankings. So each season the points earned from last year will have to be defended. Points earned during Fed Cup weekends will not count towards your individual tipping rankings (points earned playing individual tipping tournaments). Fed Cup rankings and race standings can be found in the Games >>> Tipping section of the forum, along with all the rules.

For current STANDINGS as well as info on how many points each team is DEFENDING in this round, please go to http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=432301

FIRST ROUND TIES

World Group I

In Cleveland, USA
USA vs. Italy

In Seville, Spain
Spain vs. Czech Rep.

In Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Slovak Rep. vs. Germany

In Hobart, Australia
Australia vs. Russia

World Group II

In Montreal, Canada
Canada vs. Serbia

In Boras, Sweden
Sweden vs. Poland

In Paris, France
France vs. Switzerland

In Buenos Aires, Argentina
Argentina vs. Japan

Matches will take place on the 8th and 9th of February. Complete Order of play will be posted here as soon as it is available.

Have fun and good luck!

P.S -
(i)Sorry for opening the thread a little late with more than just three days left in weekend ties. Thanks Zenith for reminding me through PM.
(ii)Special Thanks to ma re for keeping all the formats & Rankings ready in place for running this tournament, makes life so much easier. It is my first time managing any type of tournament and it would not have been possible without his help.
(iii)Thanks to Хлоэ for helping me out in finding my way to managing a tipping tournament for the first time.

Last edited by jankimfan : Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 02:34 AM   #2
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tipping #254 : Fed Cup 2014 R1 - Commitments open NOW!

OOP FOR SATURDAY (8TH FEBRUARY) - DAY 1

World Group I

USA vs. Italy
R1: Christina McHale vs Karin Knapp
R2: Madison Keys vs Camila Giorgi

Spain vs. Czech Rep.
R1: Carla Suarez Navarro vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova
R2: Maria Teresa Torro-Flor vs Klara Zakopalova

Slovak Rep. vs. Germany
R1: Dominika Cibulkova vs Andrea Petkovic
R2: Daniela Hantuchova vs Angelique Kerber

Australia vs. Russia
R1: Casey Dellacqua vs Irina Khromacheva
R2: Samantha Stosur vs Veronika Kudermetova

World Group II

Canada vs. Serbia
R1: Aleksandra Wozniak vs Vesna Dolonc
R2: Eugenie Bouchard vs Jovana Jaksic

Sweden vs. Poland
R1: Johanna Larsson vs Katarzyna Piter
R2: Sofia Arvidsson vs Agnieszka Radwanska

France vs. Switzerland
R1: Virginie Razzano vs Stefanie Voegele
R2: Alize Cornet vs Belinda Bencic

Argentina vs. Japan
R1: Maria Irigoyen vs Kurumi Nara
R2: Paula Ormaechea vs Misaki Doi

Last edited by jankimfan : Feb 7th, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #3
country flag jankimfan

TEAM STANDINGS AFTER FED CUP 2014 R1

Last edited by jankimfan : Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #4
country flag jankimfan

PREVIOUS YEAR RESULTS

Champion : Croatia
Runner-up : Netherlands

Champion : Netherlands
Runner-up : France

Champion : Croatia
Runner-up : Azerbaijan

RANKINGS AFTER FED CUP 2014 R1

Last edited by jankimfan : Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #5
country flag jankimfan

In for India!
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 03:59 AM   #6
country flag Zenith.

Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!

In for China

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Zenith. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:50 AM   #7
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

In please for Israel
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:55 AM   #8
country flag jankimfan

Talking Re: Tipping #254 : Fed Cup 2014 R1 - Commitments open NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith. View Post
Thanks!

In for China

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronim1 View Post
In please for Israel
Welcome guys...Updated the EL.

Come on ppl...Only three nations so far...We can do much better!
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 06:33 AM   #9
country flag HawkAussie

HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of

In for Azerbaijan
HawkAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #10
country flag okck

okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light okck is a glorious beacon of light

Great Britain please
okck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 06:59 AM   #11
country flag jankimfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkAussie View Post
In for Azerbaijan
Quote:
Originally Posted by okck View Post
Great Britain please
Welcome...Updated :-)

REMINDER: There is no limit to number of players in a team. Anybody can join.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #12
country flag Szymon

Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold Szymon is a splendid one to behold

In for Poland!
Szymon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #13
country flag the jackal

the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light

In for India
the jackal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #14
country flag jankimfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szymon View Post
In for Poland!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the jackal View Post
In for India
Updated
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #15
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

In for Russia