Minority and ethnic groups (and a pic of carot and his friends!) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #1
country flag Giuliano
Team WTAworld
canis sapiens sapiens

Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future
Minority and ethnic groups (and a pic of carot and his friends!)

*sigh* The things you can do sometimes...

Hello

Ok, first of all this thread is not intended to do any harm (It's always better to tell that before).
So I know we often discuss this subject on Wtaworld and I also know there are some posters who are very well informed and knowlegable... and I have a reader to make for uni... the title reads:
"Minority and ethnic groups (project presentations on Hispanics, Native American and African Americans)"
In fact it is quite simple. I have to find about 20 pertinent articles but what I could find so far on the Internet is a bit overwhelming and I thought you might have links I might not be able to find alone.

So I was wondering if you had some interesting articles you would like to share. I would be very grateful for that.
Thank you in advance.

And please, let's try to be nice, ok?

Last edited by Giuliano : Jun 2nd, 2003 at 08:33 PM.
Giuliano is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #2
country flag Giuliano
Team WTAworld
canis sapiens sapiens

Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future Giuliano has a brilliant future
Hmm ok, I forgot to tell the more important part... It's about the minorities in the South of the USA...

Apart from that, I don't have a more pointed angle really... I have no precise idea yet... I was thinking about an historical overview from the Civil Rights Movement to nowadays...
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Rae Q.

Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point
Try this site...

http://www.jimcrowhistory.org/history/surviving.htm

We took research from it last year for a project for Black History Month.

I hope it helps.
Rae Q. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #4
country flag Giuliano
Team WTAworld
canis sapiens sapiens

Thanks for the link ...
In fact, the professor told us that we should find what we need on the Internet... (I was suprised too) and didn't give us very long to do that. I'm afraid I don't have the time to read a lot but I will do after this presentation. Thanks for the title, I really got interested in this course.
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #5
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Marri.......I've been born and raised in the American south my entire life, so I am enriched in the culture here.

I've been taught my entire life (from various factions) about southern history and minority relations. If I can be of any help, I would be glad to answer any of your questions!

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:55 PM   #6
country flag Giuliano
Team WTAworld
canis sapiens sapiens

Ok, I'm sorry to bring this thread back up because I haven't been very active in it but I haven't had the time lately. This presentation is due in four days now and I'm looking for some infos on African-Americans on the Internet (that's the only material we have). I'd like to talk about their repartition in the South of the USA and their economical power for instance. It doesn't have to be that long... but I was wondering if any of you knew some site about these subjects.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 10:37 PM   #7
selesfan1

selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future selesfan1 has a brilliant future
Look up the Tulsa Race Riots
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:04 PM   #8
country flag Giuliano
Team WTAworld
canis sapiens sapiens

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't use that seeing that we already had a class about the riots.

I had another question though. I was thinking about talking about Kwanzaa. Nothing complicated but an introduction to it. However, the European that I am, doesn't realize the importance of it. I know that about 18 million people worldwide celebrate it but I don't really know the importance of it. Do any of you celebrate it?