Outside of your favorite who would you like to see take home the Roland Garros trophy - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2003, 06:48 AM   #1
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Question Outside of your favorite who would you like to see take home the Roland Garros trophy

My top 3 picks outside of my favorite's(Venus and Serena) that I would like to see win RG are as follows:

In no particular order and why:

1.Henin-Well since she first started playing she has always wanted to win this slam. I mean come on, how can you not one day be glad to see her win RG? The story of her being a little girl and telling her mom, that she would one day win on the red clay is endearing. I want her to win one for her mother. She has the game for it.. could this be her year?

2.Rubin-She is a great person who has put in the hard work. She has the court savy to win here. If anyone deserves it it is Chanda! Imho this is the slam that Chanda can very well take on home. It would be so sweet to see her holding up the trophy, smiling away. Without a doubt a kodak moment and a VCR tape for the future.

3.Amelie-She is French, she is a clay courter. She really wants to win here. She has the court savy to win RG and the crowd would be thrilled. I mean who wouldn't want Momo to win her first slam at home. In front of the crowds. It's been awhile since a French women has won it at home. (I'm not countin Mary Pierce). Momo deserves to win a slam in France, she is a hard worker, has overcome her mental mindset and nerves. Could this be her year?

In short I think it would be nice for Chanda to have a slam under her belt, she's not getting any younger, Justine's win woud be tearful, because of her mother and the story that surrounds it. Amelie would finally win one for France.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2003, 06:55 AM   #2
country flag Rtael
Team WTAworld

Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute
My favourtie is Justine...

Who I would want to see win it besides her....

NO ONE! no j/k

Uhm...
#1 would be Monica, cause it would be great to win one more slam in her career and after this year I think she will have 0% chance of ever winning a slam again

I can't really think of nayone else I'd pick for this...maybe conchita martinez?

"You Worry About Your Jump Rope and Yourself!" -Coral on Battle of the Sexes 2

Running for the cliff again...
Rtael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:00 AM   #3
country flag Messenger

Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice
Kim Clijsters because she is the slamless person who was the closest at winning one, it would be tragic if she never did.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:01 AM   #4
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
Amelie Mauresmo, Jelena Dokic, Iva Majoli.

Vivi Ruano Pascual - Jorgelina Cravero - Soledad Esperon - Florencia Molinero
Maria Igiroyen - Maria Jose Argeri - Agustina Lepore - Mailen Auroux

Jelena Dokic - Maria Kirilenko - Natalia Gussoni - Andrea Betinez
Tatiana Golovin - Veronica Spiegel - Natalia Garbellotto - Vanina Garcia Sokol
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:03 AM   #5
country flag Messenger

Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice Messenger is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger
Kim Clijsters because she is the slamless person who was the closest at winning one, it would be tragic if she never did.
Notable mention to Conchita Martinez as well.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:05 AM   #6
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Agree, notable mention to Conchita Martinez.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:13 AM   #7
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Besides my next three favorites who would never win, I'd pick:

Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, and Iva Majoli

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:16 AM   #8
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
I have so many favourites, it's hard to come up with a list. But if I limited my favourites to just Venus and Serena, then I'd want:

1. Monica
2. Kim
3. DINARA!!!

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:24 AM   #9
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Monica Seles
Lindsay Davenport--to complete the Grand Slam for her
Chanda Rubin
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #10
Burberry

Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Monica Seles
Burberry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:26 AM   #11
country flag baleineau

baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future
conchita's my favourite, so i'll go for lindsay davenport
You have long been my goal, been my chasing, been my soul. I have hung out on the edge. But I just couldn't let go. There's a time to forgive. There's a time to forget. Close your eyes, get ready, set. Walk me down this fall I'm taking but don't let me go yet. Oh let me go, sweetheart, throw me, around you, like you know me. And remember me too. Remember me too from a dream i had of you. Mary Margaret O'Hara | Dream I Had | Apartment Hunting | 2002.
baleineau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:51 AM   #12
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
1. Seles (a QF would be nice)
2. Alicia (I'll be happy if she makes the 3rd Round or better)
3. Jelena (a QF or SF would be awesome )
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:53 AM   #13
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
of course Justine is my number one favourite..

but besides her... I wouldn't mind if Kim won
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #14
country flag TatiAnnahølic

TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute
conchita or monica
TatiAnnahølic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 08:35 AM   #15
coolio

coolio has a little shameless behaviour in the past
baring TOP 12,
1. Anna Kournikova...for obvious reasons
2. Sandrine Testud....she actually has a ranking
which means she can still go in there and play
3. Ai Sugiyama.....1st Asian to do so....
coolio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote