I often wonder why they placed Israel in Europe/Africa group - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2014, 11:32 PM   #1
country flag seventynine

seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of seventynine has much to be proud of
I often wonder why they placed Israel in Europe/Africa group

they are in Asia. this also happen in other sports too. Turkey on the other hand can choose between the two? is it because of politics?
seventynine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 12:56 AM   #2
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I often wonder why they placed Israel in Europe/Africa group

Cyprus is in Asia too. And why it's in Europe/Africa Zone?
Next please.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 05:54 AM   #3
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future

Google history of Israel and you'll find out why we're part of Europe
kvaker81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
Next please.
Have you ever seen a world or european map?

Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 11:24 PM   #5
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post
Have you ever seen a world or european map?
Yes, I am a finalist of national geography olympiad too and I can tell you that Cyprus belongs geographically to Asia. Georgia, Azerbeijan and Armenia too.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 11:40 PM   #6
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Cyprus just played in Denmark as a European/African team...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:23 AM   #7
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Every year we get a thread like this
And Cyprus is in Europe

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 04:57 AM   #8
country flag Raul17

Raul17 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventynine View Post
they are in Asia. this also happen in other sports too. Turkey on the other hand can choose between the two? is it because of politics?
Quote:
Next please.
Quote:
Yes, I am a finalist of national geography olympiad too and I can tell you that Cyprus belongs geographically to Asia. Georgia, Azerbeijan and Armenia too.
Each federation chooses where they want to play. Israel was a political choice; In football years ago, they were assigned to the Oceania group in World Cup qualifying until they became full members of the European federation UEFA. They were originally assigned to Africa with the other middle eastern coutries which often led to walk/overs or withdrawals (because politics). Sometimes, it's for the level of competition: the Australia football moved from the weaker Oceania (OFC) to the stronger Asia (AFC).
Raul17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 07:00 AM   #9
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

It's not very feng shui to have Israel constantly play Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan etc.... in any kind of sporting event. so yes, politics...
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote