~@~QF BATTLE: Capriati vs Raymond~@~ - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: SHOWDOWN

Lisa, former doubles #1 8 19.05%
JenC, 2 times clay Slam winner? 34 80.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #1
coolio

coolio has a little shameless behaviour in the past
~@~QF BATTLE: Capriati vs Raymond~@~

(12) Lisa Raymond (USA) vs. (3) Jennifer Capriati (USA) 2-4
1993-06-21 Wimbledon Grass R16 Jennifer Capriati (USA) 4-6 6-3 8-6
1996-10-28 Chicago Indoor Carpet R32 Jennifer Capriati (USA) 7-5 7-6(1)
1999-11-01 Quebec Indoor Hardcourt QF Jennifer Capriati (USA) 6-4 6-2
2000-06-12 Birmingham Grass QF Lisa Raymond (USA) 6-2 4-6 7-5
2001-01-08 Sydney Hardcourt R16 Lisa Raymond (USA) 2-6 6-3 7-5
2001-02-19 Oklahoma City Indoor Hardcourt QF Jennifer Capriati (USA) 6-4 3-6 6- 4

this is in fact their 1st match up in 2 years,
and last 3 matches have all gone to 3 sets,

ROAD TO QF
Lisa:
R32 Julia Vakulenko (UKR) W 6-1 3-6 6-1
R16 (5) Jelena Dokic (YUG) W 6-3 7-6 6-2
JenC:
R32 Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian (SUI) W 6-4 7-6(5)
R16 (15) Paola Suarez (ARG) W 2-6 6-2 7-5

JenC took out the best clay courter outside TOP 20,
Paola on clay can be ranked in the TOP 10,
so her win over Paola is more impressive than
Lisa's win over sturggling Jelena,
on their 1st meeting on clay,
will Jen prevail easily, or will Lisa put up a fight?
coolio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:06 PM   #2
country flag Tratree

Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of
Jen will win and hopefully we will see it on ESPN!
Tratree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:32 PM   #3
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Lisa in three!!

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:40 PM   #4
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
jenn should take this, but she isn't playing well. i think they will show justine/monica unless someone wins really quickly...
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #5
Brandon85

Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light
lisa in three? ha!!! dream on. jen in 2...if she is off...3.

go jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undisputed World Number 1!

2008 Titles:

Sydney, Antwerp
Brandon85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 11:07 PM   #6
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
Jenn has two clay slams? I thought she only had one FO title.

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 03:43 AM   #7
country flag Rothes
Banned

Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about Rothes has a spectacular aura about
Lisa in 3
Rothes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 05:49 AM   #8
Burberry

Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point Burberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh!! Lisa's game must be giving Jen troubles... otherwise not 4 of their 6 matches have gone to 3 sets!!!

But.... Jen is going to be the winner this time!! In 2!!
Burberry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #9
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Jennifer in straight sets

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #10
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by vs1
Jenn has two clay slams? I thought she only had one FO title.
You were right

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #11
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad it's not on ESPN! Hopefully, Lisa will put up a good fight!
Kuilli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 05:53 AM   #12
country flag AKTW

AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold AKTW is a splendid one to behold
I think Jennifer in 3.
AKTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 06:30 AM   #13
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
Capriati in 2 sets.
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 09:09 AM   #14
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
Capriati def. Raymond 6-3 6-3

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #15
country flag Robbie.

Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future
Jenn can do it!!!!
Robbie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote