Quality over Quantity?...determines the best - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #1
country flag maccardel

maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all
Quality over Quantity?...determines the best

Player Tourneys played WTA rank

1. serena Williams 14 1
2. Venus Williams 12 3
3. Lindsay Davenport 16 5
4. Amelie Mauresmo 12 7
5. Monica Seles 12 12
6. Mary Pierce 16 36

These are the players who played less than the 17 tournament and their ranking has a higher percentage over those who played twenty and above. If you take into consideration that serena,venus,amelie,and monica all played only 12, then they are really the top players to watch out for. It takes more playing on their part.

Mary and Lindsay is only one tourney away from reaching the 17 tournament mark. Therefore if Venus, Amelie commit to more play then they will move up to two and three. If monica adds at least seven more tourney to her schedule, then she will rise to number 4.

The real top five right now is serena, venus, amelie,lindsay and monica. this is not taking anything away from the others who are actually ranked in the top 20 but by quality and performance alone, these players stand out in having to do more with less. Therefore there is space for these players to grow in ranking and add and increase ranking like venus is doing right now. The only way to beat them in the ranking is to play a Dokic like schedule but then the quantity will definitely affect the quality (see Dokic). Venus and serena technically is safe at one and two--when venus regains it and Lindsay and amelie are definite threats to 3 and 4 by wimbledon and monica should be top 5 by summer hardcourts ---unless Kim and Justine play every thing in sight to hold on to their ranking..

By the USopen if players keep up the current pace with monica injury free, the top 5 would be the real top 5 listed in previous paragraph...
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:54 PM   #2
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
i think Linzi will overtake Justine definately by Wimbledon, but Amelie never HAS been one to play that much....its a shame cos if she did im sure she would be top 5.

i think i know where this post originated from tho
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:57 PM   #3
country flag maccardel

maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all
Larson?.....lol
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 04:11 PM   #4
rikvanlooy

rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaJWilliams
i think Linzi will overtake Justine definately by Wimbledon, but Amelie never HAS been one to play that much....its a shame cos if she did im sure she would be top 5.

i think i know where this post originated from tho
Race to the WTA Cha. 2003

1 Serena Williams (1) 2130 4
2 Kim Clijsters (2) 1881 6

?????i think Linzi will overtake Justine definately by Wimbledon ???

I think that Justine is better than Lindsay on clay. Where will Lindsay take all those points ?

3 Justine Henin-Hardenne (4) 1589 7
4 Lindsay Davenport (5) 1315 8

5 Venus Williams (3) 1086 3
6 Meghann Shaughnessy (19) 911 9
7 Amanda Coetzer (16) 797 9
8 Chanda Rubin (8) 775 6
9 Ai Sugiyama (17) 717 10
10 Daniela Hantuchova (9) 693 8
11 Anastasia Myskina (10) 671 8
12 Jennifer Capriati (6) 659 6
13 Nathalie Dechy (22) 630 11
14 Eleni Daniilidou (15) 627 8
15 Lisa Raymond (24) 575 8
16 Monica Seles (12) 517 5
17 Elena Bovina (18) 470 8
18 Amelie Mauresmo (7) 463 4
19 Tamarine Tanasugarn (33) 454 11
20 Elena Dementieva (21) 444 10
21 Lina Krasnoroutskaya (57) 434 8
22 Alicia Molik (54) 412 5
23 Marlene Weingartner (84) 406 9
24 Conchita Martinez (25) 405 7
25 Paola Suarez (28) 399 11
rikvanlooy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #5
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
LOL i meant in the rankings not the CR

Justine has a lot to defend (not incl RG) up to and including wimby while dav didnt play summer hardcourts

theres only a few hundred points between em

get it now?
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote