*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #751
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Did she atleast chuck a tantrum

Titles 2014- Sharapova (STU-FO-MAD-BEI) Ivanovic (AUK-MOT-BIR-TOK) Kvitova (NH-WIM-WUH) Petkovic (CHA-BAD) Pennetta (IW) Venus (DUB) Keys (EAS) Kuznetsova (WDC) Wozniacki (IST) Cibulkova (ACA) Lisicki (HK) Makarova (PAT) Nara (RIO) Svitolina (BAK) Beck (LUX)

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #752
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Vika Bojana played really well, showed some guts and managed to hold her nerves. It was so close, it could really have gone either way. Bojana saved so many BPs... I agree that Vika is on the right track, definitely. Plus, she seems to be willing to put on all the hard work required and push herself hard, so her time will come again soon.

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #753
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

It would gave been nice to get through this tough encounter and win. With her being stopped early in every tournament will have a lot opponents eyeing their win over her. Plus she will never get through the mental hurdle by end if the match. Nerves. Needs to get through tight moments at end of the match to turn things around.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #754
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

The layoff has affected her always shaky forehand more and her mental strength. Also still rusty.....missiong that Swinging volley at 4-4, the easiest of them all was jus cringe worthy!! She will have to work hard and get ready for the hard courts. She is a champion and she is already berating herself for this loss which will force her to work hard!! Its a foot injury so these results are expected. Also I think she needs to get into atleast 3 Hardcourt warm ups before USO. Lets wait and be patient

And on a side note, pls avoid GM for a week or so, ur BP will stay stable This year is going to be like 2011 where she lost close matches to become the best in 2012. Am looking forward to her matches this year but not with huge expectations!

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka

Last edited by LUVMIRZA : Jun 26th, 2014 at 04:15 AM.
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #755
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

FUCK. I knew that BoJo would be tough, and since I didn't actually get to watch the match I can't say I'm that disappointed, since I didn't really have high expectations anyway and it's just so nice to have her back. From the highlights I've seen so far she seemed to be playing okay, but lacking match toughness . Honestly, it's okay. This really isn't a lost opportunity, and pretty much everyone I've heard from so far seems happy to have her back. I believe in her that she has the fight to make it back to the top.

Hopefully she can pull a miraculous return to form like Masha did after Indian Wells this year, but a temporary drop from the top ten seems inevitable at this point .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #756
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I'm not concerned about her ranking for now, it's just in the past when returning from injury she's never found it that hard to get up and start winning again, whether it's due to the nature of the injury/time spent off court I have no idea, but it's a bit concerning nonetheless.

I'm still really unsure how she lost that match, the serve is close to the best I've seen it for a long while and there's little issue with movement, she had no trouble hitting winners regularly, could it really have been just been the UEs/rust on the mental strength that cost her?
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #757
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

She might have been able to win a few more matches, but never guessed she would be a contender her. Onwards and upwards. I just don't like the tendency to lose close 3 setters. She was almost always winning them before, but hopefully that will be back with better match form.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 10:22 AM   #758
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
I'm not concerned about her ranking for now, it's just in the past when returning from injury she's never found it that hard to get up and start winning again, whether it's due to the nature of the injury/time spent off court I have no idea, but it's a bit concerning nonetheless.

I'm still really unsure how she lost that match, the serve is close to the best I've seen it for a long while and there's little issue with movement, she had no trouble hitting winners regularly, could it really have been just been the UEs/rust on the mental strength that cost her?
She never really had such a long injury break though. For all intents and purposes she was out for 4 months. I can't think of anyone who was out for that long and come back at their normal level.

I think a combination of things cost her. Firstly it costs you when you come out as bad as she did. This is the kind of match you can hammer down from the start and say you are not winning today, then the opponent completely goes away. She gave Jovanovski hope from the start. Then going into the 3rd I just felt like there was no way she was going to lose. And again she ended up 4-1 down. She played well to get back in, but really she had so many chances to break at 4-4 and 5-5.

There are lots of good things to take away. She served as well as she has in ages. Her level is there somewhere, she looks really good in patches, and she doesn't seem to be taking the losses too hard, at least publicly. There is a finite time this can last though, and she really needs to be turning these matches into wins real fast. She can come into the grass court season with no expectations, her expectations are going to rise in the US hard court season though.

This is why I said in a dream world right now she'd go to some international, win it, and be ready. There are no options though, so Montreal it is. I think her playing really well is around the corner, we will see if it's in time for the US Open.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #759
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
The last time she couldn't convert a break point to save her life was the carlsbad final, and after that she won 11 straight matches. And her level yesterday was way above that match.

There was some tension at the important moments, the volley at 4-4 0-15 as others have said but she did have subsequent break points including some second serves. But mainly winning close 3 setters, converting bps etc is just variance. I'm sure she'll have some matches where she saves 9/10 break points and her opponent is scratching her head wondering how it wasn't closer.

It's frustrating because she was a contender here, not a favourite to win but definitely to make the semifinal. At the same time much of her play yesterday was a pleasure to watch.

I had a look at the US Open odds this morning because I thought there might be value there, but she's a clear second favourite to win it, behind serena but way ahead of the rest.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:32 AM   #760
country flag Royalfox

Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all

That choke on the last game from 40-0 to give away that MP to her opponent was some real fuckery she did , IDK is she taking lessons from NOLE (Nole fan), i meant how could u do such thing
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #761
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Vika and Gulbis are getting it on

I think it's untrue because she hasn't been single for too long and she is really focusing on tennis at the mmoment. Nice try GM trolls

Titles 2014- Sharapova (STU-FO-MAD-BEI) Ivanovic (AUK-MOT-BIR-TOK) Kvitova (NH-WIM-WUH) Petkovic (CHA-BAD) Pennetta (IW) Venus (DUB) Keys (EAS) Kuznetsova (WDC) Wozniacki (IST) Cibulkova (ACA) Lisicki (HK) Makarova (PAT) Nara (RIO) Svitolina (BAK) Beck (LUX)

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #762
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I hope not, Gulbis is so easily detestable. Not to mention his FH looks really dumb.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #763
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a good story about Vika's match yesterday:
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...loss-wimbledon

Quote:
"It's consistency," she said. "It's not enough. It's a little bit too many mistakes, like not closing the opportunities, not being sharp enough. There are a lot of things that still have to be tuned and have to be practiced. It basically goes down to back to work."

And patience, she admitted, is not one of her best attributes.

"I'm just really pissed off right now for not taking those opportunities," she said, unable to take her mind off converting only three of 16 break points. "I think that's OK to be that way because I really need to go through that and learn from it and just take it from here."

Both Azarenka and Sumyk said she is now pain free and training fully. And despite the break points missed, there were also plenty of glimpses of Azarenka's greatness against an opponent firing 105 mph serves and crisp returns. Despite her self-flagellation, Azarenka had 46 winners to Jovanovski's 27, and came to the net 27 times, winning 21 points, a staggering number nowadays.

"Her fighting spirit is always there and it was there today, no doubt about it," Sumyk said.

Azarenka won her first-round match on her fifth match point against Mirjana Lucic-Baroni, a '99 Wimbledon semifinalist, and rallied Wednesday to win the second set against Jovanovski, then broke back twice to stay in the third.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #764
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen V. View Post
Apparently Vika and Gulbis are getting it on

I think it's untrue because she hasn't been single for too long and she is really focusing on tennis at the mmoment. Nice try GM trolls
I knew the minute she mentioned him in her presser after round one, GM would jump on that. As much as I despise Gulbis, him and Vika have been friends since their junior days. A few years back, she'd go and support him during his matches and everyone in GM thought they were seeing each other. Men and women can just be friends especially seeing as if nothing has happened between them in say ten years, it isn't going to happen now.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #765
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's taste in men seems to be as awful as her taste in music I don't think something's happening here but i easily prefer Redfoo to Gulbis.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote