*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #646
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

She should've played doubles here! It would give some more match practice, and based on the double fault count her serve could use it if nothing else.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #647
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
The loss is whatever, but it would have been a nice opportunity to gain points before the US hard court season . How did she play?
Ok. About what you'd expect really. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. I thought it was a positive building block.

What cost her the match was her timing was off, and being too passive. Too often when she had a chance in rallies she'd put the ball down the middle of the court with not enough on it which Giorgi was feasting on. There would be cross court backhand rallies, and Vika's normal backhand down the line, would be a backhand into the middle of the court.

Although it would have been good to play a few matches here. I don't think it's the end of the world in not doing so. I thought it was the sort of performance, which looked like she could be playing very well soon, it just needs all the issues ironing out.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #648
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
And I imagine the serve continues to be an issue? Lots of double faults. Sounds decent though, and it could have been a lot worse. With more match play and toughness I would think Vika would have found a way to come through this type of match. Similar to the match Masha lost to Congi earlier this year before she had gotten back on track.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #649
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I thought as the first match it wasn't so bad. She moved well enough. Had some passion on getting through break points. But yeah played too conservative. Not gutsy enough on attacking that's why in bad positions in defending. Killer instinct not back yet. I would have liked her to come through her last service game but looks like she was running out of steam. First match that lasted 2 hrs 40 min is good test to stamina. Hopefully now she knows her competition field better and really focused to come back and win.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #650
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Am very happy that she dint have to retire or anything like that upwards and on-wards now

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #651
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I agree. While it sucks that Vika lost today, it really only came down to a handful of points. She's clearly fit and not in pain anymore, which is crucial for her game. Once she shakes off the rest of the rust, I would hope that she'll be back to her top-4 self again, especially for this fall seeing as she isn't defending anything after the USO.
That's great to hear. I just hope she finds some rhythm and then she can come back strong for the hard courts at least.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #652
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Vika could have started against Pennetta or Watson. Abundance of rhythm available in a match like that for Vika.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #653
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
I wish Vika could have started against Pennetta or Watson. Abundance of rhythm available in a match like that for Vika.
Hopefully this happens at Wimbledon. Get a mid-level counter puncher in the first round or two; someone who can't hurt her with their excessive defense or random winners.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 05:47 AM   #654
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Hopefully this happens at Wimbledon. Get a mid-level counter puncher in the first round or two; someone who can't hurt her with their excessive defense or random winners.
We can also take this loss as a positive. It might have made her aware of those things she needs to work on and enter wimbledon in a much better shape

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #655
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

I think she was really good for someone who only got on a court 3 (?) weeks ago. If it hadn't have been Giorgi, she definitely could've won. Really proud if her fight though, and i am sure Sam kniws what to work on for Wimbly

Titles 2014- Sharapova (STU-FO-MAD-BEI) Ivanovic (AUK-MOT-BIR-TOK) Kvitova (NH-WIM-WUH) Petkovic (CHA-BAD) Pennetta (IW) Venus (DUB) Keys (EAS) Kuznetsova (WDC) Wozniacki (IST) Cibulkova (ACA) Lisicki (HK) Makarova (PAT) Nara (RIO) Svitolina (BAK) Beck (LUX)

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #656
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
I think she was really good for someone who only got on a court 3 (?) weeks ago. If it hadn't have been Giorgi, she definitely could've won. Really proud if her fight though, and i am sure Sam kniws what to work on for Wimbly
Well Giorgi isn't some giant now all of a sudden Have to wait and see how it goes at Wimbledon but she seems to be on the right track.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #657
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Really, I don't expect much from our Sith Princess until hardcourt season.

The good news is that she's playing and I hope the grass is a little easier on her body as she works her way back into form.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #658
country flag LUVMIRZA

They say its Vika vs Lucic Baroni in the first round! I dont know about her much. Can she trouble Vika? I want her to win a few rounds and gain some points here!

Old Jun 20th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #659
country flag LUVMIRZA

Victoria Azarenka vs Mirjana Lucic - Baroni
Johanna Larsson vs Bojana Jovanovski oh no max
Tereza Smitkova vs Hsieh Su Wei
Coco Vandeweghe vs Garbine Muguruza
Lucie Safarova vs Julia Georges
Polona Hercog vs Paula Ormaechea
Monica NIculescu vs Alison Van Uytvanc
Alexandra Wozniak vs Dominica Cibulkova

Sara Errani vs Caroline Garcia
Tsvetana Pironkova vs Varvara Lepchenko
Misaki Doi vs Elina Svitolina
Kimiko Date Krumm vs Ekaterina Makarova
Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Michelle Larcher De Brito
Stefanie Voegele vs Jarmila Gajdosova
Annet Kontaveit vs Casey Dellaqcua
Andrea Mittu vs Agnieszka Radwanska

Petra Kvitova vs Andrea Hlavackova
Mona Barthel vs Romina Oprandi
Kurumi Nara vs Anna Lena Friedsam
Maria Teresa TOrro Flor vs Venus WIiliams
SLoane Stephens vs Maria Kirilenko
Johanna Konta vs Peng Shuai
Lauren Davis vs Alisa Kleybanova
Jana Cepelova vs Flavia Penetta

Caroline Wozniacki vs Shahar Peer
Naomi Broady vs Timea Babos
Ana Konjuh vs Marina Erakovic
Yanina Wickmayer vs Samantha Stosur

Elena Vesnina vs Patria Mayr Achleitner
Alla Kurdryatsetva vs Barbara Zahlavova Strycova
Vania King vs Yvonne Meusberger
Paula Kania vs Li Na

Not a bad draw!

Old Jun 20th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #660
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's draw is pretty decent imo. Now it's about finding form.

Vika starts on Monday.