*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #631
country flag Mustafina

Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future Mustafina has a brilliant future
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Yeah it's safe to say Bradnam is not a big fan of Vika
Mustafina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #632
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

The fuckery displaces the Sith powers. When she returned, Vika was 100% fuckery, 0% Sith because of the layoff.

As she continues to bleed off fuckery, her Sith powers will grow (although due to her Vikaness she can never be completely fuckery-free).

I believe when she is in peak form she is about 75% Sith and 25% fuckery. After this match, I'm guessing she's probably 95% fuckery, 5% Sith.

This is serious analysis 'n shit. I should be on ESPN.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #633
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Actually may not be that bad. She gets a week before Wimbledon. It's never good to play a lot before grand slam.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #634
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Azarenka: Felt that my level of concentration was really high. The timing/mistakes, it was expected. I just have to get into that rhythm.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #635
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika but I'm just so happy she's back!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #636
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
Actually may not be that bad. She gets a week before Wimbledon. It's never good to play a lot before grand slam.
Aga went out early too, that's what winners do before Wimbledon Seriously she played 3 sets apparently without pain, very good
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #637
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Sort of expected. Glad she decided to play before Wimbledon, even if i don't expect too much there. She might need a good draw to play some easy matches to get into match form.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #638
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Welcome back, Victoria!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
.. she played 3 sets apparently without pain, very good
Right! I'm so glad tjat she is fit and injury-free again.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #639
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
The fuckery displaces the Sith powers. When she returned, Vika was 100% fuckery, 0% Sith because of the layoff.

As she continues to bleed off fuckery, her Sith powers will grow (although due to her Vikaness she can never be completely fuckery-free).

I believe when she is in peak form she is about 75% Sith and 25% fuckery. After this match, I'm guessing she's probably 95% fuckery, 5% Sith.

It's better than half the crap ESPN says that's for sure.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #640
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing that she couldn't make it in the end, when she was so close, because I am sure she would have played better and better with each match, and even have made the SF/F, which would have been great just before Wimbledon. Still Giorgi is an awful first come back match: gives no rhythm at all, superfast pace, totally unpredictable game that turns in the blink of an eye from scrub level to unplayable... Vika's time reactions were poor, and as others have said, she looked hesitant, but that was only to be expected. All in all not a bad come back, certainly not the mess that many expected. If she remains healthy she should improve vastly in the next few months.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #641
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's message after today's match:
https://twitter.com/vika7/status/478965358054096896
Quote:
victoria azarenka‏@vika7
Gotta start from somewhere and do it again and again
A match report from the official website:
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...renka-comeback
Quote:

The Turning Point

She looked very strong indeed early on - after Giorgi went up 4-2 in the first set, Azarenka stormed back with four games in a row of her own, sneaking out the first set of her comeback, 6-4.

But that's when the match turned completely. With winners flowing from both wings and from the front and back of the court alike, Giorgi took total control, storming out to a 5-0 lead in the second set - and eventually taking that set, 6-3. The Italian then moved out to a 5-3 lead in the third set.

Azarenka made one last stand, winning a pair of love games to turn that 5-3 lead into 5-all, but she then got broken after a long, dramatic service game, despite having seven game points in the game. Now up 6-5, Giorgi had her mojo again. She served it out and beat the No.4 seed, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5.
I think despite of the result there were several positive things in this match for Vika. She played a full three set match that lasted 2 hours and 46 minutes, so her fitness shouldn't be a problem. Vika's lack of matches probably made her play more conservatively than usually, but on the other hand Camila Giorgi played very aggressively and straightforward like she mostly does. Giorgi was also quite effective at net. Hopefully more matches in Wimbledon bring certain sharpness to Vika's game especially in big points.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 09:06 PM   #642
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post

Hopefully by the US hardcourts, she'll at least be 50/50.

And your commentary is far superior than ESPN's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Vika's message after today's match:
https://twitter.com/vika7/status/478965358054096896

A match report from the official website:
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...renka-comeback
I think despite of the result there were several positive things in this match for Vika. She played a full three set match that lasted 2 hours and 46 minutes, so her fitness shouldn't be a problem. Vika's lack of matches probably made her play more conservatively than usually, but on the other hand Camila Giorgi played very aggressively and straightforward like she mostly does. Giorgi was also quite effective at net. Hopefully more matches in Wimbledon bring certain sharpness to Vika's game especially in big points.
I agree. While it sucks that Vika lost today, it really only came down to a handful of points. She's clearly fit and not in pain anymore, which is crucial for her game. Once she shakes off the rest of the rust, I would hope that she'll be back to her top-4 self again, especially for this fall seeing as she isn't defending anything after the USO.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #643
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Vikulya Sad that she lost, and gutted I couldn't watch the match. But happy to read she could play a whole 3 setter healthily and apparently pain-free.

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 12:48 AM   #644
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Hopefully by the US hardcourts, she'll at least be 50/50.

And your commentary is far superior than ESPN's.

I agree. While it sucks that Vika lost today, it really only came down to a handful of points. She's clearly fit and not in pain anymore, which is crucial for her game. Once she shakes off the rest of the rust, I would hope that she'll be back to her top-4 self again, especially for this fall seeing as she isn't defending anything after the USO.
The question is do the Snickers feed the Sith or the fuckery?
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 05:55 AM   #645
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

The loss is whatever, but it would have been a nice opportunity to gain points before the US hard court season . How did she play?
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote