*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #46
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Yeah I'm not expecting to believe whatever they say it is.

Working hard to resurrect things would make sense to me pretty much any time of the year except Doha though, because it's historically been very good for her. She does like to say she doesn't really think about past years so who knows, but it just seems off. At this point, I almost hope she withdraws from IW too and then comes back strong at Miami then. Sort of the best case scenario is that forced time off (assuming that's what it is) will give her some drive again.

It's hard as a fan though. Since the US Open we had a bunch of shit then the whole off season, then a decent patch, and now another gap basically as long as the off season. I want to see her play again!
In terms of reasons they will state, I'm not sure there is a single good one that won't make me worry .

We should hear at least something in the next couple of days anyway.

I wouldn't even want to think about her missing Indian Wells at this point. If she does it seems very bad to me, given that it is in effect her local tournament.
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:03 AM   #47
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Haha I just decided the best case scenario is that she wants to spend time with her new dog .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #48
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

This is kinda worriesome I wonder if she gotten an injury at the Aussie open or she just wanna break too regroup

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #49
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To be fair it really started after the US Open. She just was playing kind of poorly over the summer but she was perfectly motivated.

I suppose it's possible that loss just affected her so much she's still recovering. But an injury is also very plausible.
I think she was in a conundrum at the end of last season. Tokyo she definitely shouldn't have played, she wasn't fit to play. I think all this Vika withdrawals/retirement crap got to them though. It would have looked bad if on the day of the match in Tokyo she withdrew, even with legitimate reasons, we all know what the reactions would have been. Especially at YEC this was clear. In no way was it smart to play on vs Li, it served no real purpose, the crowd wasn't getting a match, and Vika was gaining nothing from it at the risk of making things worse.

The problem I think was they have this perception of what is the right thing to do in the eyes of the public, rather than what is best for me. You should always do what is best for you, but sometimes people don't.

You saw a flaw in this thinking just recently. Nadal takes an off court MTO in the Australian Open final down a set. He comes back to the court and he is booed. You can't be listening to these people. As you quickly saw how wrong all these people were.

Vika withdraws on the day of the match vs Venus, there would have been a lot of rubbish written in the media and on social media. Vika plays and is clearly not fit to play and people question why she didn't withdraw. This is why you need tunnel vision as a player, listen to yourself, what is best for you.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:14 AM   #50
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god or what if? I need to stop procrastinating so no more posts tonight. I just want answers though .
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:15 AM   #51
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

I was worried about this after that worse loss to her eternal pigeon Hope she doesnt retire so early to get married to Rainbow Please get a grip ad come back soon Vika. Nobody excites me to watch tennis other than Vika anymore

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:28 AM   #52
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh god or what if? I need to stop procrastinating so no more posts tonight. I just want answers though .
Don't jinx
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #53
country flag ozza

Quote:
I would suggest you read this page on what that site is all about:

http://en.mediamass.net/blog/mediamass-project
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #54
country flag iGOAT

I'm not actually believing it, just bored .

I agree completely though about the injury point. No one can please the masses, so why bother. The way you win the most respect is success, so she should do whatever it takes to get there! It's gotta be hard though when everyone criticizes. I mean it really fucked up Sanowa and Sunshine. They both developed other problems, but the media hatred really halted their progress and it certainly hasn't helped Vika. The worst is how people criticized her supposed bad attitude of "not trying" in the Tokyo/YEC matches when the saw assholes would've been hating on her had she retired.

What matters is that Vika has her fans, and she knows that, so why bother please everyone. Also, I think we all need to practice being supportive of her in times like this instead of criticizing her motivation or whatever. IF (and big if) she's not motivated it's her decision, it's her life. But if she is (and hopefully she is) then we have to trust she's doing everything she can to get back to where she belongs.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #55
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO if she's pregnant. If I had a dollar for every time everyone thought Lindsay was pregnant in 2003-2005 I'd be able to pay for college. And then she did get pregnant but still.

Maybe Vika picked up something in Melbourne, maybe in a recent practice, maybe her and her team are bullshitting the media so they can tinker with her game and fitness. I'd rather her not play if she's not 100% fit physically or mentally than play and lose to another punk.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 04:42 AM   #56
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

do you guys think, she doesn't want to leave the states as she is planning the her charity tennis event on mar 1? and i also think the AO was a bad loss for her, it's a bit like 2011 doha and dubai, lost pretty badly, that she needs time to recouperate. it's probably time going through patches of ups and down. she has been quite good since ascending to the top spot, consistent and motivated. maybe it's bound to have a dip some point in time, and that will depend on her if she can swing back up. later.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 04:42 AM   #57
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Please not another Dinara situation, i just couldn't.
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #58
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Shit news to wake up to And really unexpected. She didn't even seem to have physical problems this year so far. Don't believe in lack of motivation either for the reasons you guys already mentioned. So I guess it's either a permanent kind of injury which flared up again (but even so it must be something pretty bad for her to withdraw so early) or she really is taking a break to regroup and focus (the best possible situation atm although probably not the most likely). I don't even want to consider other stuff like pregnancy.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #59
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Even if it was a Dinara situation and the worst happened at least she had managed to become a dual slam winner.
oh yeah i guess is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 07:22 AM   #60
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Even if it was a Dinara situation and the worst happened at least she had managed to become a dual slam winner.
But i'd lose another fave

But i swear to god, if she is pregnant. I know she is in love and i could be happy for her, but i would hold an unbinding grudge against her for doing such terrible thing to me. Anyway probably just an injury, will win US open (Just trying to be positive)
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote