*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #421
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

She is not telling us the whole story.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 01:54 AM   #422
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I'm not surprised she's ditching the clay season. I'm honestly expecting her to announce surgery at this point to correct the neuroma, which if that is the exact injury would fix it permanently.
Well Lindsay got it and became number 1 and two grand slam finals. I hope she gets it, because her clay season now is gone and Wimbledon will probably be a disaster in terms of movement, she can flunk this season for the good of the next couple. And anyway, i've said before, every player at the top has injury problems at some point it seems, Serena, Venus, Maria, Lindsay, Martina etc., so i am still not really concerned (Unless it's not what we think it is)
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #423
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
Well Lindsay got it and became number 1 and two grand slam finals. I hope she gets it, because her clay season now is gone and Wimbledon will probably be a disaster in terms of movement, she can flunk this season for the good of the next couple. And anyway, i've said before, every player at the top has injury problems at some point it seems, Serena, Venus, Maria, Lindsay, Martina etc., so i am still not really concerned (Unless it's not what we think it is)
Agreed. I have to admit I'm surprised Vika stopped playing when she did for the injury. Lindsay played on her's through the French, Wimbledon, and US Hardcourt season and the US Open before finally having surgery.

I feel that Vika is hoping that a means of not having surgery would fix it. Her doctors/trainers are probably putting her recovery on a timetable, if she's not up to par with less invasive treatment by a particular date, she'll have to move to more intense treatments.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #424
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I leave for a weekend and come back to this news . It's not unexpected, but also quite scary. I don't know what to think about the French Open at this point. I also wonder if she'd enter Strasbourg or Nürnberg if she is indeed planning to play, because otherwise she'd be very rusty. If she's not ready for either of those, then she should probably just skip the French too.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #425
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Agreed. I have to admit I'm surprised Vika stopped playing when she did for the injury. Lindsay played on her's through the French, Wimbledon, and US Hardcourt season and the US Open before finally having surgery.

I feel that Vika is hoping that a means of not having surgery would fix it. Her doctors/trainers are probably putting her recovery on a timetable, if she's not up to par with less invasive treatment by a particular date, she'll have to move to more intense treatments.
For all we know Vika has had this for a while though… She claims she only felt it before the AO, but it would explain her shitty play for the second half of last year, and even foot injuries last spring .
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 01:46 AM   #426
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
For all we know Vika has had this for a while though… She claims she only felt it before the AO, but it would explain her shitty play for the second half of last year, and even foot injuries last spring .
Oh it would definitely would make sense why she played like crap last fall.
I just hope however her injury gets fixed, it does get fixed and she can come back.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #427
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

It's not sure if it's a neuroma, could be but it's speculation. I feel if it is and there's surgical treatment for it she might have chosen that option already.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #428
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I think in general any professional athlete turns to surgery as a last resort. I find it hard to believe that when she sat out Doha she was still expecting to be sitting out Madrid and Rome. But that's the point, she has surgery then and she knows she is out until the clay season, she doesn't want to give up on Indian Wells and Miami. Now if she were to have surgery she's out of the next 2 grand slams which won't be seen as desirable either, and will be taken as a last resort.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #429
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I think in general any professional athlete turns to surgery as a last resort. I find it hard to believe that when she sat out Doha she was still expecting to be sitting out Madrid and Rome. But that's the point, she has surgery then and she knows she is out until the clay season, she doesn't want to give up on Indian Wells and Miami. Now if she were to have surgery she's out of the next 2 grand slams which won't be seen as desirable either, and will be taken as a last resort.
If i were her or Sam, i would start preparing for surgery and missing a big chunk of the season if it's that bad.
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #430
country flag iGOAT

I mean also for us it feels like surgery can just magically fix the injury, but that's not necessarily the case. Besides that it will force her to sit out for a long time, rehab can be challenging and lengthy, and surgery also is not guaranteed to work and generally weakens the area as a whole even if it can fix the immediate problem. I have no idea what exact surgery would be involved to fix Morton's neuroma, but usually it involves realigning of ligaments and cartilage, and that can definitely throw off other balances, so healing naturally is definitely preferable if it's at all possible.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #431
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I mean also for us it feels like surgery can just magically fix the injury, but that's not necessarily the case. Besides that it will force her to sit out for a long time, rehab can be challenging and lengthy, and surgery also is not guaranteed to work and generally weakens the area as a whole even if it can fix the immediate problem. I have no idea what exact surgery would be involved to fix Morton's neuroma, but usually it involves realigning of ligaments and cartilage, and that can definitely throw off other balances, so healing naturally is definitely preferable if it's at all possible.
They just remove the nerve.

Ultimately everything here is pure speculation. She is likely getting top medical advice. We have to believe in that advice.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #432
country flag Gaz.
Amazing Member

Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute

Everything is going downhill since that Wimbledon fall. I just want her back on court healthy and in some good form.
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #433
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a little vote: "Who are the Heartthrobs of Professional Tennis?"
http://www.tennischannel.com/bestof5...obs/women.aspx
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #434
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a Facebook post and she is wearing some truly horrible leggings.

This can only be a good sign!
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #435
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I saw a Facebook post and she is wearing some truly horrible leggings.

This can only be a good sign!
I don't want to ruin your hopes, but you realise you can't count on that, right?
But I'll go with it, it's fine by me.
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote